Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 12:40:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new coin but no wallet, what do you do?  (Read 110 times)
megawatt22 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:59:24 PM

I like to buy a coin and move it off the exchange to a wallet under my control.  My question to you is what do you do when you get a new coin that is not supported by a cold wallet or desktop wallet and the company has not created their own wallet to store the currency?  For instance if I want to buy tron and don't want to keep it on the exchange where I got it from where can I put it?  What wallet can I use?  This goes for many of the new coins that are valued at under .05 USD.

Thanks for the replies
Queen12

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:18:12 AM

I like to buy a coin and move it off the exchange to a wallet under my control.  My question to you is what do you do when you get a new coin that is not supported by a cold wallet or desktop wallet and the company has not created their own wallet to store the currency?  For instance if I want to buy tron and don't want to keep it on the exchange where I got it from where can I put it?  What wallet can I use?  This goes for many of the new coins that are valued at under .05 USD.

Thanks for the replies
So you can buy directly from the exchange, you can withdraw directly to the wallet, is this not the simplest way to operate?

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
UZIzzzz

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:28:53 AM

Do I know that the TRON is the ERC20 token? Can't that be put in the imtoken wallet from the exchange? Why not?

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 09:19:54 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2018, 12:51:11 PM by mpufatzis

I would never buy a coin not supported by a wallet.
I am also new to cryptocurrency and I thought that when a new alt was issued the developers of the coin always suggest wich wallet to be used, usually for Linux and Windows systems.
I suggest you buy something else, probably it has a very attracted name and price but there are many other coins and tokens to chose from.
Remeber if you own the private keys, you own the coin too.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: