Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:01:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinslider.com  (Read 1275 times)
ScarletRhapsody (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 07:47:06 PM

Does anyone have any confirmed payments from bitcoinslider.com? It says it pays weekly but there is no other information provided.
tacoman71

Activity: 320
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:11:47 PM

Not worth wasting my life watching videos just for a few satoshis in my opinion.

Feeling generous? Like my post? Leave a tip at BTC: 1NZJ8cceqEiKDZGAJged2vNGCyfFMUEYPt
Nik1ab

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

freedomainradio.com

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:15:19 PM

Not worth wasting my life watching videos just for a few satoshis in my opinion.

No signature ad here, because their conditions have become annoying.
ScarletRhapsody (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:19:29 PM

Who knows what a couple satoshis could be worth years from now Smiley.
tacoman71

Activity: 320

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:25:31 PM

Who knows what a couple satoshis could be worth years from now Smiley.
If 1 satoshi is $10, that means 1 Bitcoin would have to be 1 billion dollars. Just saying.

Feeling generous? Like my post? Leave a tip at BTC: 1NZJ8cceqEiKDZGAJged2vNGCyfFMUEYPt
ScarletRhapsody (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:32:02 PM

And if 1 Bitcoin goes up in price 10x, then each individual satoshi is worth 10x more isn't it?
I'm not expecting to become a millionaire off of getting 1 million satoshis every 3 days, but it sure would be nice to know that I might be able to use these satoshis to purchase something.
Prospero

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:31:36 AM

They just paid out: http://blockchain.info/tx/8210883433cd3ceeb99e0cd52411bf51f79b407b4429ba3ef7ede631f427263e

1Ja2AxA8hfFMrPwSTV9nP6kq7bp3f7x734
Prospero

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:28:46 PM

I think the site has a bug. If you lose your site cookies for any reason (e.g. switch to different browser, wipe on exit for privacy, etc.) and re-login with same bitcoin address, the bonus get reset to 0.

bitcoinslider

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 07:08:25 PM

Hey peoples,

bitcoinslider.com pays out daily, as of yesterday. 

At first it was weekly, because the site was an experiment and I wasn't sure how it was going to work.  Although it wasn't actually weekly, it was a bit more often, but sporadic.

Now, I've purchased enough bitcoins to fund the site for a while, and daily payouts will be no problem.  ...That being said, I'm still doing it manually.  I'll move to an automatic system sooner or later, but for right now, it's manual.

As for the note about bitcoins being reset if you lose cookies?  No.  Each and every bitcoin earned is recorded and stored in a table on Microsoft Azure.  If you lose your cookies or go with another browser, your bitcoins will still be there.  They SHOULD show up if you enter the same bitcoin address... but I haven't tested it thoroughly Tongue  But even if they don't show up on the website, when it's time to payout, they're still there.

Here's the structure used for each video you get credited for:     

public sealed class BitcoinTransactionEntity : TableEntity
    {
        public BitcoinTransactionEntity()
        {
        }
        public BitcoinTransactionEntity(DateTime transactionDate, string bitcoinAddress)
        {
            PartitionKey = GetPartitionKeyOptimistic(transactionDate, bitcoinAddress);
            RowKey = Guid.NewGuid().ToString("N");

TransactionDate = transactionDate;
            BitcoinAddress = bitcoinAddress;
        }
        public DateTime TransactionDate { get; set; }
        public string AmountString { get; set; }
        public string BitcoinAddress { get; set; }

public static string GetPartitionKeyOptimistic(DateTime transactionDate, string bitcoinAddress)
        {
            return transactionDate.ToString("yyMMdd") + bitcoinAddress.Substring(0, 1);
        }
    }

When a payout occurs (ie, you are actually sent your payment in bitcoins), it's a new record in a different table.  The record of the transactions NEVER gets deleted.

Here's the structure for that one:
public sealed class BitcoinPayoutEntity: TableEntity
    {
        public BitcoinPayoutEntity()
        {

}
        public BitcoinPayoutEntity(string id, int transactionPartNumber, DateTime transactionDate)
        {
            Id = id;
            TransactionPartNumber = transactionPartNumber;

PartitionKey = GetPartitionKeyOptimistic(transactionDate);
            RowKey = transactionDate.ToString("yyyyMMdd") + id + transactionPartNumber.ToString();
        }
        public string Id { get; set; }
        public int TransactionPartNumber { get; set; }

public static string GetPartitionKeyOptimistic(DateTime transactionDate)
        {
            return transactionDate.Day.ToString();
        }
    }

Bottom line: You'll be paid everything you've earned Tongue

If you feel you're missing some, pm me a bitcoin address.

Note that when a payout to you occurs, the "pending amount" showing on the website gets reset.

Prospero, I noticed that your forum message occurred shortly after my last payout.  Perhaps you just saw your pending amount go to zero because I paid you your bitcoins, and that's the cause of confusion.

Any Q's, feel free to ask Smiley  One guy earned 26600 or so uBTC last payout.  Geez lol.
Prospero

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 08:01:33 PM

Hey peoples,

bitcoinslider.com pays out daily, as of yesterday. 

At first it was weekly, because the site was an experiment and I wasn't sure how it was going to work.  Although it wasn't actually weekly, it was a bit more often, but sporadic.

Now, I've purchased enough bitcoins to fund the site for a while, and daily payouts will be no problem.  ...That being said, I'm still doing it manually.  I'll move to an automatic system sooner or later, but for right now, it's manual.

As for the note about bitcoins being reset if you lose cookies?  No.  Each and every bitcoin earned is recorded and stored in a table on Microsoft Azure.  If you lose your cookies or go with another browser, your bitcoins will still be there.  They SHOULD show up if you enter the same bitcoin address... but I haven't tested it thoroughly Tongue  But even if they don't show up on the website, when it's time to payout, they're still there.

Here's the structure used for each video you get credited for:     

public sealed class BitcoinTransactionEntity : TableEntity
    {
        public BitcoinTransactionEntity()
        {
        }
        public BitcoinTransactionEntity(DateTime transactionDate, string bitcoinAddress)
        {
            PartitionKey = GetPartitionKeyOptimistic(transactionDate, bitcoinAddress);
            RowKey = Guid.NewGuid().ToString("N");

BitcoinAddress = bitcoinAddress;
        }

public static string GetPartitionKeyOptimistic(DateTime transactionDate, string bitcoinAddress)
        {
            return transactionDate.ToString("yyMMdd") + bitcoinAddress.Substring(0, 1);
        }
    }

When a payout occurs (ie, you are actually sent your payment in bitcoins), it's a new record in a different table.  The record of the transactions NEVER gets deleted.

Here's the structure for that one:
public sealed class BitcoinPayoutEntity: TableEntity
    {
        public BitcoinPayoutEntity()
        {

}
        public BitcoinPayoutEntity(string id, int transactionPartNumber, DateTime transactionDate)
        {
            Id = id;
            TransactionPartNumber = transactionPartNumber;

PartitionKey = GetPartitionKeyOptimistic(transactionDate);
            RowKey = transactionDate.ToString("yyyyMMdd") + id + transactionPartNumber.ToString();
        }
        public string Id { get; set; }
        public int TransactionPartNumber { get; set; }

public static string GetPartitionKeyOptimistic(DateTime transactionDate)
        {
            return transactionDate.Day.ToString();
        }
    }

Bottom line: You'll be paid everything you've earned Tongue

If you feel you're missing some, pm me a bitcoin address.

Note that when a payout to you occurs, the "pending amount" showing on the website gets reset.

Prospero, I noticed that your forum message occurred shortly after my last payout.  Perhaps you just saw your pending amount go to zero because I paid you your bitcoins, and that's the cause of confusion.

Any Q's, feel free to ask Smiley  One guy earned 26600 or so uBTC last payout.  Geez lol.

no, i got my payout ok last night- note that i'm the one who pointed out the tx in a previous message. this problem happened only a few of hours ago. i had a bonus close to 300%, wiped cookies, logged in with same address moments later, and my bonus went to 0%, the message after the next video showed i earned less than 2000 (1700?) and my displayed balance only went up by that amount also. maybe it's because the sid is now different. i see from other virool publisher sites the sid value is used to uniquely identify users. but maybe the ip address serves the same purpose here. after a few hours i'm only at 105%. seems like more than just a client-side display issue.

bitcoinslider

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 10:38:22 PM

Hey - thanks Smiley

What you said is actually true, now that I think about it.  Your "Activity bonus" actually will disappear, if you clear cookies or use another browser.  It IS tracked by your pid/sid.

Perhaps I should do an analysis.  It might be better to be tracked by a bitcoin address instead.

Thoughts?  Is that issue actually affecting people? Is it affecting you or did you just notice it while experimenting?

Prospero

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 11:51:01 PM

Hey - thanks Smiley

What you said is actually true, now that I think about it.  Your "Activity bonus" actually will disappear, if you clear cookies or use another browser.  It IS tracked by your pid/sid.

Perhaps I should do an analysis.  It might be better to be tracked by a bitcoin address instead.

Thoughts?  Is that issue actually affecting people? Is it affecting you or did you just notice it while experimenting?
i only looked into it because it affected me.

emerefer

Activity: 338

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 01:57:04 AM

is the bonus suppose to stop going up at 300%?
bitcoinslider

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 03:46:19 AM

Yes.  I'm afraid quadruple has to be enough for now Tongue
kexxlar

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 06:57:21 AM

This is true
ScarletRhapsody (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:01:45 PM

Hey - thanks Smiley

I've had this same issue as well so I'm just careful not to delete the cookies.
bitcoinslider

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 02:13:51 AM

Folks,

Had to take the site down.  Virool is "no longer accepting websites trading for bitcoins".  But they did pay me what was owed, so at least they're not scammers, even if it's a giant piss off.

Anyone got any ideas?

If you know of any sites that provide instant feedback (a callback to the website) confirming that a user has completed an action, and this action is with $x.xx... Let me know.  I'll make a new bitcoin faucet for everyone.

Anyone...?
ScarletRhapsody (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 09:36:43 AM

Folks,

Had to take the site down.  Virool is "no longer accepting websites trading for bitcoins".  But they did pay me what was owed, so at least they're not scammers, even if it's a giant piss off.

Anyone got any ideas?

If you know of any sites that provide instant feedback (a callback to the website) confirming that a user has completed an action, and this action is with $x.xx... Let me know.  I'll make a new bitcoin faucet for everyone.

Anyone...?

Yeah, I noticed. What about a normal faucet or a captcha service? Where you can type in captcha's for BTC? Or what if you say you'll cash out for $? And simply have the option to pull out with bitcoin as well?

It makes me wonder why they are cracking down on bitcoin sites, when there are several others that still offer the virool service & bitcoins.

bitcoinslider

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:08:39 PM

I'd do a captcha, or anything else! 

Got any links to companies that do that..?
ScarletRhapsody (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:51:45 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2013, 07:02:39 PM by ScarletRhapsody

I'd do a captcha, or anything else! 

Got any links to companies that do that..?

BTC for videos:
Landofbitcoin.com still hasn't been shutdown.
and
easybitco.in is still working.

edit: and bitcoinget.com is still offering videos.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: