Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:09:55 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DGM - what is wrong with that method?  (Read 2816 times)
pajak666 (OP)

Activity: 746
Merit: 502

Looking for advertising deal

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 11:09:05 PM

I've noticed that some of pools with DGM payment method seem to be closing down due to lack of popularity.
Some time ago I saw someone posting about DGM and claimed that this method is a somewhat scam.
Why is that? 
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 11:22:28 PM

EclipseMC still uses DGM, and has been for a very long time. They also have PPS.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
dbitcoin

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

BTCDig - mining pool

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 11:26:43 PM

I've noticed that some of pools with DGM payment method seem to be closing down due to lack of popularity.
Some time ago I saw someone posting about DGM and claimed that this method is a somewhat scam.
Why is that? 

Because these posts spread bullshit and FUD.

BTCDig - mining pool (Stratum, VarDiff, DGM, SSL, JSON API)
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1091

Think for yourself

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 12:12:25 AM

DGM isn't the reason pools have gone under.  PPS is the reason many if not most pools have gone under.

I like DGM it's easy to spell and everything.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
Pinwheel

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 01:13:36 PM

DGM isn't the reason pools have gone under.  PPS is the reason many if not most pools have gone under.

how would DMG compare POT

Tom Waits: We should just start as soon as possible cause we might catch a rabbit before we have our pants on. (Juxtapoz)
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 01:17:38 PM

Pay On Target is gambling pure and simple.  So POT has EXTREMELY high variance.  If your mining for consistent payout and highest return over time then stick with DGM.

If you like gambling and want to have some fun with risking shares for a higher payout of a handful of high difficulty shares then give it a whirl.

Personally I like the consistent payout over time.
Sam

Pinwheel

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 01:58:53 PM

DGM isn't the reason pools have gone under.  PPS is the reason many if not most pools have gone under.

Pay On Target is gambling pure and simple.  So POT has EXTREMELY high variance.  If your mining for consistent payout and highest return over time then stick with DGM.

If you like gambling and want to have some fun with risking shares for a higher payout of a handful of high difficulty shares then give it a whirl.

Sam

thanks for your answers and inputs. I was mining with POT and my returns been very stable 0.5 or little more every 4 hours. Certainly I'm missing something. I would not mind to gamble a bit, as for example my returns were not much better on btcguild PPLNS compared to cost of blocks I found for the same period of time.

Tom Waits: We should just start as soon as possible cause we might catch a rabbit before we have our pants on. (Juxtapoz)
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 02:10:03 PM

DGM isn't the reason pools have gone under.  PPS is the reason many if not most pools have gone under.

Pay On Target is gambling pure and simple.  So POT has EXTREMELY high variance.  If your mining for consistent payout and highest return over time then stick with DGM.

Sam

thanks for your answers and inputs. I was mining with POT and my returns been very stable 0.5 or little more every 4 hours. Certainly I'm missing something. I would not mind to gamble a bit, as for example my returns were not much better on btcguild PPLNS compared to cost of blocks I found for the same period of time.

Hmm, well I guess PoT would average out over time.  But I would certainly expect it to take longer than 4 hours.  But then again that payout method is not tied to solving a block, like DGM and PPLNS is, as it's a PPS variant.

Sounds like you're having good luck with it.  I would still compare it to DGM over a period of  a week or two.
Sam

Pinwheel

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 03:01:17 PM

Sam

Hmm, well I guess PoT would average out over time.  But I would certainly expect it to take longer than 4 hours.  But then again that payout method is not tied to solving a block, like DGM and PPLNS is, as it's a PPS variant.

Sounds like you're having good luck with it.  I would still compare it to DGM over a period of  a week or two.
Sam

thanks, your posts always very helpful. I switched to DGM now, with same hash power, let see how it will pays.

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 09:07:49 PM

Show me a DGM pool that doesn't rape the miners with blocks that pay <25 BTC and balances its books, and I will join it.

I don't want to see or hear any drawn out explanations. Plzz show me the NUMBERS.

Otherwise, DGM is a scam. Period.

os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 01:38:16 AM

Show me a DGM pool that doesn't rape the miners with blocks that pay <25 BTC and balances its books, and I will join it.

I don't want to see or hear any drawn out explanations. Plzz show me the NUMBERS.

That may seem like a very informative and thorough explanation to you but that means nothing to me.  Mind explaining a little more what you mean?

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 01:58:14 AM

That may seem like a very informative and thorough explanation to you but that means nothing to me.  Mind explaining a little more what you mean?

Yes, he does mind very much because for an overclocker he has a very undeveloped mathematical or even analytical ability. Unfortunately for Hippie Tech, math != magic, so he won't listen to any counter-argument. I've even shown him numbers before. He must also think PPLNS is a scam because many of the DGM implementations payout similarly to PPLNS. In fact PPLNS can (almost?) be considered a subset of DGM.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 02:00:33 AM

Yes, he does mind very much because for an overclocker he has a very undeveloped mathematical or even analytical ability. Unfortunately for Hippie Tech, math != magic, so he won't listen to any counter-argument. I've even shown him numbers before. He must also think PPLNS is a scam because many of the DGM implementations payout similarly to PPLNS. In fact PPLNS can (almost?) be considered a subset of DGM.
Must be those toxic fumes from burning thermal compound. It'll getcha every time.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 03:20:30 AM

Here are Ozcoin's last 30, BTC deprived rounds.
http://ozco.in/content/overview-bitcoin

Now heres Bitparking killing the good miner's luck, at a slower rate.
http://mmpool.bitparking.com/blockstats

EclipseDMG does not allow the general public to see its block/ payout history. Why must I sign up to see the horrors !? lol
https://eclipsemc.com/  

How much of a per round average does your pcb board fume brain see ? crazyates ? Ever think of adding something intelligent to the conversation ?

PLEASE show me some hard data that proves the miners are not being ripped off. Otherwise, troll away ! Tongue

@organofcorti Correct me if I'm wrong but, every PPLNS pool I've seen has full block payouts, minus the 1-2% fees, for each round.

And what numbers ? Your 'trust me' arguement doesn't work here.

mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 03:34:38 AM

I believe Meni Rosenfeld invented the DGM method. You might want to take a look at this.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 03:50:27 AM

Now heres Bitparking killing the good miner's luck, at a slower rate.
http://mmpool.bitparking.com/blockstats

EclipseDMG does not allow the general public to see its block/ payout history. Why must I sign up to see the horrors !? lol
https://eclipsemc.com/  

How much of a per round average does your pcb board fume brain see ? crazyates ? Ever think of adding something intelligent to the conversation ?

PLEASE show me some hard data that proves the miners are not being ripped off. Otherwise, troll away ! Tongue

@organofcorti Correct me if I'm wrong but, every PPLNS pool I've seen has full block payouts, minus the 1-2% fees, for each round.

And what numbers ? Your 'trust me' arguement doesn't work here.
Taken DIRECTLY from the first 2 links you just posted:

Ozcoin's average payout per block over those last 30 blocks? ~26.6.BTC.

BitParking's average payout per block over those last 20 blocks? ~25.6BTC.

I didn't check Eclipse cuz as you said, I'd have to log in.

Intelligent enough for ya? Am I adding to the conversation now?

Why don't you go smoke some more thermal grease and come back when you have a defense that doesn't dig your own grave.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 06:08:13 AM

I believe Meni Rosenfeld invented the DGM method. You might want to take a look at this.

Already suggested that. He doesn't understand it so he doesn't believe it.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 03:42:53 PM

Your ignoring the payouts that pay over 25 BTC per block in the longer rounds!!

Why are you purposely doing that?

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 05:17:25 PM

Your ignoring the payouts that pay over 25 BTC per block in the longer rounds!!

Why are you purposely doing that?

I am not picking on Ozcoin, nor am I ignoring anything.

As of now, my quick run of the numbersOzcoin shows a DGM payout of 660.50158169 out of a possible 750 BTC for the last 30 rounds. (I may have missed one or two.)

They are forced to gamble with POT and/or "pray for rain", with hopes of getting some of their good fortune back. lol

Why don't these pools post a daily/weekly/monthly DGM round average stat ? Plzzz show me these numbers and I will stfu. Grin

Where is Ozcoin getting the BTC for the POT payout ?

@crazyates Were you counting the POT payouts ?  Regardless, what is the DGM average for the last 100, 1000 ? How many of those miners actually stuck around long enough to endure enough bad luck to make it back ?

DGM is really no different than putting your earnings into a bank that will take care of and comfort you on those rain days. Thats IF it ever rains.

crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 08:56:52 PM

Oh. My. God.

Ozcoin offers 2 payout methods. It doesn't matter if its DGM/PoT or PPS/Prop. Its the same pool. Same servers. Users get paid from the same addy. Its not like OzcoinDGM and OzcoinPOT are separate pools.

No one single payout method is going to equal the entire pools income. Ozcoin did not short DGM users because they have paid out less than all the blocks they've earned. That discrepancy you pointed out are the coins it takes to pay PoT users, which you then proceeded to wonder where they get their funds from. Did you think DGM users get all the blocks and Pot users get paid with imaginary coins from ground up unicorn hooves?

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: