Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:08:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to redeem and unload my Bitcoin Gold (BTG); private keys in Electrum  (Read 92 times)
NostrilOfHappiness (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:21:56 AM

Has anyone an found efficient way redeem this silly BTG coin using private keys sourced from Electrum?

I've got 160 BTG that I received as part of the BTC fork. Not exactly a huge value but more than I'm willing to walk away from.

I'm an Electrum user. I ran a sweep on my BTC wallet. It's now empty but I still have the private keys (and seed) associated with those addresses which, as mentioned above, should contain approx 160 BTG of unspent BTG outputs. I'd like to claim those BTG outputs.

Researching Google, I learned that...

The first wallet the official BTG crew promoted, an online wallet, turned out to be a fraud.

The second wallet the official BTG crew promoted, an fork of the electrum code base known as Electron Gold (www.electrongold.com), also turned out to be a fraud.

Many, but not all, of the remaining (presumably non-fraudulent) wallets listed on their site either require Android or another hardware device. My preference would be to perform this redemption without buying additional hardware but I'll certainly go that route if necessary. But even if I do, how do I import the private keys? I know enough C# programming to get by and can easily convert my existing Electrum private keys (in WIF format) to binary or any other importable format. What what format? And what wallet would I import the keys into?

All I want is to find a way to get the BTG to a wallet, any wallet, for a few minutes -- just long enough for me to transfer it to Binance and sell it for BTC or another alt.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: