Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:18:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OSC]OpenSourcecoin Mandatory Update 7/1/14  (Read 153266 times)
r3wt (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:04:08 AM

^compiled fine for me and x3maniac.

yep. i compiled it yesterday on Elementary OS and on Lubuntu. think i'll try TinyCore tomorrow. Shakezula reports it compiling fine on Ubuntu. i think for these two they are having PEBKAC errors...either that or slinging FUD Wink

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FinShaggy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 04:40:14 PM

This coin would be awesome if it funded other open source projects.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
r3wt (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 04:44:31 PM

i like it. what are some good open source projects worth funding? any ideas?

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 04:49:46 PM

There needs to be an open source beat page that people can download beats to, and get some kind of return. Then other artists can come use the beats and add lyrics or other instruments.

Same with art. There's not really a website like deviant art where you can get paid as you grow as an artist.

And Videos... Pay per minute or for ads  or something.

And all of it could have "bounties" where you put certain projects up that are worth a lot more than a regular one.

And I don't know if you guys are enemies, but Devtome is an open source project. And coins are just like people "Divide and Conquer" but together, they can support each other. And maybe become more popular than bitcoin (dreaming).

r3wt (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 04:58:16 PM

There needs to be an open source beat page that people can download beats to, and get some kind of return. Then other artists can come use the beats and add lyrics or other instruments.

Same with art. There's not really a website like deviant art where you can get paid as you grow as an artist.

And Videos... Pay per minute or for ads  or something.

And all of it could have "bounties" where you put certain projects up that are worth a lot more than a regular one.

And I don't know if you guys are enemies, but Devtome is an open source project. And coins are just like people "Divide and Conquer" but together, they can support each other. And maybe become more popular than bitcoin (dreaming).

i guess you've never heard of http://looperman.com the leading underground music website in the world? i routinely share my beats/loops etcera. check me out http://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/147423

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 05:02:11 PM

i guess you've never heard of http://looperman.com the leading underground music website in the world? i routinely share my beats/loops etcera. check me out http://www.looperman.com/users/loops/896111

What coin do they pay you in?

r3wt (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 05:04:48 PM

i guess you've never heard of http://looperman.com the leading underground music website in the world? i routinely share my beats/loops etcera. check me out http://www.looperman.com/users/loops/896111

lol, they don't. its a musician community. we support each other and open source music through free exchange of loops and tracks.

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 05:07:59 PM

And Videos... Pay per minute or for ads  or something.

lol, they don't. its a musician community. we support each other and open source music through free exchange of loops and tracks.

Oh, I was thinking more like.

1. Someone submits beat, gets paid coin, beat becomes public domain
2. Someone in the Open Source Coin community picks up the beat, adds some wind/brass instruments. Re-Submits it, gets paid coins, it becomes public domain
3. Someone picks up the song, adds their own voice and their friends guitar, puts it on a CD and sells it for USD or OSC
4. Someone promotes that song by making a 2nd edition (remix) but without the voice and guitar (some other voice and instrument) and resubmits for more coins

cshelswell

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 07:58:19 PM

yep. i compiled it yesterday on Elementary OS and on Lubuntu. think i'll try TinyCore tomorrow. Shakezula reports it compiling fine on Ubuntu. i think for these two they are having PEBKAC errors...either that or slinging FUD Wink

Definitely no slinging FUD. Ubuntu is 100% complaining about problems with casing. I wouldn't post if it didn't. I'll download the source and change the reference with the uppercase 'O' but it's still strange if it's compiling fine for everyone else

r3wt (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:04:30 PM

Definitely no slinging FUD. Ubuntu is 100% complaining about problems with casing. I wouldn't post if it didn't. I'll download the source and change the reference with the uppercase 'O' but it's still strange if it's compiling fine for everyone else

ok. you've convinced me. i will go through and change the case in the .qrc file and update the github. just to prove its a pebkac error. have you dl'd and compiled wxWidgets already? just making sure we're on the same page here.

cshelswell

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 08:09:56 PM

ok so ive just searched the code

Code:
OSC/src/qt/ocoin.qrc:
    1  <RCC>
    2      <qresource prefix="/icons">
    3:         <file alias="Ocoin">res/icons/Ocoin-128.png</file>
    4          <file alias="address-book">res/icons/address-book.png</file>
    5          <file alias="quit">res/icons/quit.png</file>
   23          <file alias="editcopy">res/icons/editcopy.png</file>
   24          <file alias="add">res/icons/add.png</file>
   25:         <file alias="Ocoin_testnet">res/icons/Ocoin-128.png</file>
   26          <file alias="toolbar_testnet">res/icons/Ocoin-16.png</file>
   27          <file alias="edit">res/icons/edit.png</file>

So as you can see it refers to Ocoin-128.png however the file in src/qt/res/icons/ is "ocoin-128.png"

so it's not something i'm doing it's the code. It's wrong. Or am I missing something?

r3wt (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:14:37 PM

ok so ive just searched the code

Code:
OSC/src/qt/ocoin.qrc:
    1  <RCC>
    2      <qresource prefix="/icons">
    3:         <file alias="Ocoin">res/icons/Ocoin-128.png</file>
    4          <file alias="address-book">res/icons/address-book.png</file>
    5          <file alias="quit">res/icons/quit.png</file>
   23          <file alias="editcopy">res/icons/editcopy.png</file>
   24          <file alias="add">res/icons/add.png</file>
   25:         <file alias="Ocoin_testnet">res/icons/Ocoin-128.png</file>
   26          <file alias="toolbar_testnet">res/icons/Ocoin-16.png</file>
   27          <file alias="edit">res/icons/edit.png</file>

So as you can see it refers to Ocoin-128.png however the file in src/qt/res/icons/ is "ocoin-128.png"

so it's not something i'm doing it's the code. It's wrong. Or am I missing something?
i'm trying to be patient with you cshelwel, but i have already asked you to  add lowercase letters until i get the github updated. for most people this is fairly intuitive and second nature, but i am sensing you are perhaps new to this? i am working on making some modifications to serialization.h that makes the daemon crash during submitwork. as soon as i am finished with that i will take 30 seconds and do a find and replace of the capitalization errors for you. ok?

cshelswell

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 08:16:32 PM

No i haven't asked you to remove them. I thought you said it complied but it doesn't unless i edit the code. That's fine I now know it doesn't compile in Linux unless you edit the code. Easy.

r3wt (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:18:32 PM

No i haven't asked you to remove them. I thought you said it complied but it doesn't unless i edit the code. That's fine I now know it doesn't compile in Linux unless you edit the code. Easy.

Roll Eyes

ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:20:18 PM

im confused it compiled fine for me in linux without any changes :L

r3wt (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:23:20 PM

im confused it compiled fine for me in linux without any changes :L

he's compiling qt, not just daemon. the file's he references are the logos. it compiled fine on Win. from what i can gather Linux is apparently anal about Case of file names. he could have just changed them but i get the sense that he's either an obvious troll, or just trying to help out, which if so i should be more appreciative of. i'm really moody and i need some sleep. i'll try to do some more work when i wake up.

ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:24:34 PM

ahh that explains it. Get some sleep brother it sounds like you need it.

r3wt (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:26:45 PM

ahh that explains it. Get some sleep brother it sounds like you need it.

Can't yet. waiting on shake to get home so i can confirm an extra BE in his group buy, then its off to dreamland for me. i'll hit you up tomorrow bro. x3 is debugging serializaton header file so maybe we find the problem with the pool is actually in the client. we'll talk tomorrow. peace bro

cshelswell

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 08:29:54 PM

Yes that's correct i'm compiling QT not just the daemon and yes Linux is case sensitive.

Perhaps this might help anyone else who tries to compile the QT wallet.

I wasn't trying to be difficult. I understand code and compiling and this was getting a bit confusing as it very definitely wasn't compiling.

r3wt (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:38:41 PM

Yes that's correct i'm compiling QT not just the daemon and yes Linux is case sensitive.

Perhaps this might help anyone else who tries to compile the QT wallet.

I wasn't trying to be difficult. I understand code and compiling and this was getting a bit confusing as it very definitely wasn't compiling.

ah, i couldn't tell if you were trolling because the answer seemed so obvious, i never expected anyone to mention it. at any rate, feel free to report anymore issues. i didn't mean to be so abrasive.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: