Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:23:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Retrieved 5000 Stellar Lumens. What do I do now?  (Read 210 times)
lelam (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:36:26 AM

So, I read on the news that Stellar Lumens raised to nearly 1$. It reminded me that a couple of years ago I got about 5000 stellars from their giveaway, which I totally forgot about. So I searched my old emails, got my login information back. And after some update thing, now i have 5000 Stellar Lumens (XLM).

What should I do with it at the moment? Hold? Sell for BTC? Sell for USD?

And know how can i sell it for BTC/USD fastest and easiest?

Thank you in advance and sorry for my bad English.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
howard.ashoul

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 03:55:07 AM

Keep it.  Wink

My cryptocurrency portfolio: http://www.coinparator.com/. Track your coins rates for free, no registration!
JoinCoins

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:00:35 AM

for gods sake, just hodl and lean back for 2018. than look at the price and think again.
u lucky little beep  Grin
anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:11:34 AM

So, I read on the news that Stellar Lumens raised to nearly 1$. It reminded me that a couple of years ago I got about 5000 stellars from their giveaway, which I totally forgot about. So I searched my old emails, got my login information back. And after some update thing, now i have 5000 Stellar Lumens (XLM).

all options are in your hands, you can continue to save them for future investments. you can also sell it in exchange. see here for markers and stellar prices https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/stellar/#markets

if you need help, you can send me a message.
shaun98

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:18:40 AM

I would hodl it. Maybe sell a little if you feel like it, but I would definitely hodl the majority of it since you didn't spend any money buying it.

dustboy

Activity: 1022
Merit: 517

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:34:10 AM

5000XLM for free is nice amount, if I have it then I will sell 50% and hold the other 50%. At least I can spend some of it for something IRL but if you do not need something urgently so you can HODL it all and wait till it increase again.
You can use bittrex or poloniex to sell it if you are OK with verifying account. Or you can sell it here in this forum, as I see there are some people looking to buy it but dont forget to use escrow.
samsigor

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:40:23 PM

would hold on to the future Smiley
mautenisis

Activity: 274

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:45:29 PM

Hold it for more years im sure XLM will be massive in the upcoming years,its development is outstanding i like it more than XRP.

NOIZ
⇐ ● A decentralized cognitive ad network ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK ○ ○ ○
vKedax

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:09:16 PM

If I got so many coins, I'd keep them.

Snarks

Activity: 196
Merit: 17

EFFECT.AI▲Decentralized network for A.I

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:15:33 PM

You have to weigh the options. Stellar is the number 8 coin now with a market cap of $13 billion. If you think it can match Ripple, which has 10 times that market cap, you should keep it. But Ripple is already adopted by some banks. Maybe Stellar has some legs whether or not it matches Ripple and can double or quadruple in price.

You could also take say 10 or 20% and invest it smaller coins that have a bigger chance to explode up. Or down.

numeracci

Activity: 129

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:18:29 PM

If you need money now for important things of real life, just sell.
Otherwise HODL absolutely, maybe sell just a little amount.
My opinion.
eP

Activity: 531
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 04:19:57 PM

i think you need to hold it for this year, since XLM has a good future and the price will be increase for this year

▄▄▄▄█▐██▀▀▄███▀▄                 
        ▀███▄███▌█▀▀▐███▌▄█▌████▄▄▄         
     ▄▐██▄▄▀██▀█▐█▐████▀▄█▌▄█████████▄       
   ▄██▄▀▀██▀▄▄▄ ▐▌███▌▄▀▀ ▐▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄     
 ▀▀█████▀▄▄█████▄▐███▐██▄ ▄▀██████▐███▄▀█▄   
 ██▄▄▄▄  ▀▀██████▌██▌█████▐█▄▀▀██▌█████▐▄▀▄ 
▐█▀▀▄▄▄█ ██▄▄▄▀▀▀█   █████▌████▄▀▐███▌▄███▐█
 ▄██▀▀▀ ████████ ▄▄ ▄▀▀▀▀██▐▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▄████ █▌
 ▀███▀ ▄▄▀▀▀██▀▄██▌█▄▀███▄▄▄▐▐██▌█▌  ▐████▌██
  ▐██▐▌████▐▄▄████▐██▄▐████▌█▌██▄█▀█ ▌▀███▀▐█
   ▀▌▀█▐██▌██████▀▐███▌████▐██▐█▐▀██▌██▄▀█▐█▌
        ▀█▐███▀▄▄ ▄▐███▐██▌████▌▀████▐██▀▄█▀
          ▀█▀▄██▌██▄▐██▌██▐███▀ ▀████ ▀▄▀   
            ▀███ ███▌█▀ ▀ ▄▀███▌████▀▐█▀     
                 ▀▀▀       ▀▄▄█▌██▄▀▀       
                               ▀▀
kaasy.ai  ──────
Artificial Intelligence Algorithms on Blockchain

TWITTER     2-PAGES PAPER     BTC ANN

█ ██       WHITEPAPER       ██ █

FACEBOOK     DISCORD     SUBSCRIBE

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
Haunebu

Activity: 3052
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:24:27 PM

You have to weigh the options. Stellar is the number 8 coin now with a market cap of $13 billion. If you think it can match Ripple, which has 10 times that market cap, you should keep it. But Ripple is already adopted by some banks. Maybe Stellar has some legs whether or not it matches Ripple and can double or quadruple in price.

You could also take say 10 or 20% and invest it smaller coins that have a bigger chance to explode up. Or down.
I agree with your points here. Basically, no one can say whether Stellar will continue rising or if it will fall with time. Best thing that the op can do here is he/she needs to do research on Stellar Lumens and assess whether it would be beneficial to hold or sell based on its future prospects. According to me, Stellar Lumens is better than Ripple though I like Ripple also due to various reasons like a better development team, dedicated support team(They helped me recover my 5k Stellar lumens when I thought I lost them very quickly without a prolonged delay) etc. If you ask me, HODLING is the better option here.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
balrog

Activity: 448
Merit: 37

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 04:28:22 PM

Congrats , you are a lucky guy . I think you'l get a good profit if hold it at least till summer . I cant find a reason why stellar price can dramatically go down , so hodl is a good option , as for me
ZaoXhou

Activity: 467
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:35:30 PM

Congrats , you are a lucky guy . I think you'l get a good profit if hold it at least till summer . I cant find a reason why stellar price can dramatically go down , so hodl is a good option , as for me

Unexpected things can always happen so it's possible for it to go down, but to me it looks like it will follow ripple's pattern.
jackhdt

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:58:45 PM

I think you should continue to hold it. sell when it reached the value 1 $/XLM. Stellar tend to increase "pump and dump. I predict it will pass again top 5700sts . However the decision in you. you get is free and now you have a fairly large amount.

Make me great again
tungnguyen224

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:00:00 PM

Can you share why it's going down?
ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:10:56 PM

Just hold for long term if you don't urgent to use the money , do you know your free stellar total amount value below $25 in 2015 , right now already rising to more than $3K , or you can sell 50% and just keep holding another 50%
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: