Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:27:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Difference Between Blockchain and Cryptocurrency  (Read 153 times)
micky mou (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:05:42 AM

I am bit confuse people are talking about blockchain while talking about cryptocurrency  Undecided
Please Clear My Doubts  Huh
icytalk

Activity: 63

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:08:54 AM

blockchain is the system technlogy and cryptocurrency is digital coins  Roll Eyes
Sevarchik

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:09:51 AM

Cryptocurrency uses blockchain technology.
Bitcoin is the first software for blockchain

jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:12:26 AM

The blockchain is basically the technology cryptocurrencies are built on. They're basically distributed public ledgers that store and record every transaction of the said cryptocurrencies. There is no single "server", so it cannot be hacked nor tampered with (under normal circumstances anyway), and is secured with cryptography. This is an overly simplified explanation so you may want to read more on Google.

Cryptocurrencies are pretty much just one of the many possible applications of blockchains. You can't really have a cryptocurrency without a blockchain, but you can have a blockchain without a cryptocurrency.

balefires03

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:19:06 AM

Hello

I just found this article , when i search what is difference between blockchain & Cryptocurrencu.
Other wise it's similar.
Hopefully, this article will anawer you

blockchain versus what is cryptocurrency is due in part that the terms have come into use. Instead of being introduced by formal definition, the term blockchain developed from “chain of blocks”.

Cryptocurrency is a sort-of portmanteau of “cryptographic currency”.
 As the technology matured and a variety of blockchains bloomed, the uses quickly diverged from the pure money aspect. Instead, technologists experimented with ideas like decentralized name registry.

Timeme

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:36:19 AM

I am bit confuse people are talking about blockchain while talking about cryptocurrency  Undecided
Please Clear My Doubts  Huh
Yes, I've always had a similar question. Is the blockchain really a cryptocurrency? I think the development of blockchain technology should be, so the cryptocurrency market is not a speculative game?
DianeDeziree

Activity: 17

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 08:59:23 AM

I've found this info. A blockchain is a cryptographically protected distributed ledger—it’s what protects you or anyone else from making a copy of that Bitcoin you just bought. You’ve probably heard about the popularity of blockchain tech in the financial business. In fact, anything that you can make a list of, you can manage with blockchains.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: