Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:32:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 5000 gbp to invest. Pleave review my altcoin choices  (Read 137 times)
mylegacy (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:01:57 AM

Hi guys,
My first post on this forum, thanks for reading.
Without going into too much detail, I dont have many years left on this crazy planet and want to invest some of my savings in alts.
I have done a fair bit of research on each of these altcoins and plan to hold for 2 years.

I plan on spreading my 5000 pounds as follows:
ADA 1000
ETHOS 1800
TRON 1000
DENT 200
XLM 1000

Thats about it really.
I am hoping that my choices will be worth a decent amount that I can leave to my kids.
What do you guys think?
Dan
-DarkByDesign-

Activity: 43

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:11:37 AM

I've personally not heard of any of the listed Altcoins.

I've got roughly 5 grand invested in current coins:

Ripple XRP - £1500
Siacoin SC - £2000
Etherium ETH - £1500

The current 3 coins I've invested in seem to be doing really well.

I got my Dad to invest £4400 in May and he is now at over £16,000.

I feel those are strong stable coins apart from (SIACOIN) SC - This is a High Risk High Gamble coin which I find a strong investment. The main reason for this is - I worked in Recruitment working with Big Data Engineers and
I gained that is the future with storage/cloud storage solutions around Big Data and industries like Facebook. This coin itself is a Cloud Storage service provider which is almost 10x cheaper than the same Service Microsoft and Amazon are currently offering.  So if you want a nice gamble for the future, I'd put some money on Sia. For secure payment investment ETH, XRP are strong candidates.

But this is just my two piece.

fhl182

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:12:43 AM

Risky.
AMiRU

Activity: 89
Merit: 3

Meritocracy

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 11:18:13 AM

I'm no expert as I'm a newbie myself even though I've been lurking around bitcointalk since 2014.
Just wondering, you're not considering ETH at all? How about NEO?

Pure SSD Shared Hosting with Litespeed + LSCache, optimized for Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal 8, Xenforo & Prestashop (https://awangan.com)
cryptamod

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:22:23 AM

Hi guys,
Without going into too much detail, I dont have many years left on this crazy planet and want to invest some of my savings in alts.
I have done a fair bit of research on each of these altcoins and plan to hold for 2 years.

ADA 1000
ETHOS 1800
TRON 1000
DENT 200
XLM 1000

Thats about it really.
I am hoping that my choices will be worth a decent amount that I can leave to my kids.
What do you guys think?
Dan
You have chosen what i am holding in my bag,you did a very good choice to invest in each coins you listed.

TWITTER ◣                                ☆ FLUX ☆                             ◢ WHITEPAPER  ◤   17 - 24
       WEBSITE ◣                    GAMING ECOSYSTEM                     ◢ MEDIUM                 April     
           TELEGRAM ◣     VALVE ✧ UBISOFT ✧ Origin ✧ GAMELOFT    ◢ FACEBOOK        Public Sale ◢   
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:29:25 AM

first thing you need to know is that you are making a very high risk investment, it doesn't matter what coin you choose. this is a manipulated market and that makes it unpredictable. one day you are making profit and the other all is red losing half of your money in a blinking of an eye.
so make sure you can afford to lose 5000 GBP!

second thing is that you need to learn to find coins to invest on your own. everyone is biased here and will remain biased whenever they answer "which coin is better". they will tell you what they have bought and hope for it to go up. no exceptions.

and finally the only suggestion i can give you that i think is good is to never buy coins that are overly pumped. buy them when they are starting to get pumped or have been at the bottom and getting ready for a pump. and learn what stop loss means.

good luck.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
MatrixMining

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:37:17 AM

first thing you need to know is that you are making a very high risk investment, it doesn't matter what coin you choose. this is a manipulated market and that makes it unpredictable. one day you are making profit and the other all is red losing half of your money in a blinking of an eye.
so make sure you can afford to lose 5000 GBP!

second thing is that you need to learn to find coins to invest on your own. everyone is biased here and will remain biased whenever they answer "which coin is better". they will tell you what they have bought and hope for it to go up. no exceptions.

and finally the only suggestion i can give you that i think is good is to never buy coins that are overly pumped. buy them when they are starting to get pumped or have been at the bottom and getting ready for a pump. and learn what stop loss means.

good luck.

I totally agree with this, you really should take it into account. Don't listen to people here.

Do your own research on the coin:
- does it bring something new?
- does it solve some current problem?
- is the dev team active and trustworthy?
- is there an active community which will support the coin?

If you do this properly, you will not fall for scams and copy-paste pump & dump shitcoins and you'll have much higher chance to get some nice profit.
wagi

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:44:46 AM

Hi guys,

ADA 1000
ETHOS 1800
TRON 1000
DENT 200
XLM 1000

Thats about it really.
What do you guys think?
Dan

I think i agree if you invest in ada token. It sound very good when i know that token.
The tron also very much growing but before investing in tron, more wise if you can wait for its correction first.
JumboCactuar

Activity: 166
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:48:34 AM

TRON a good choice but a little high atm, wait for it drop then invest.

Supposedly a coin burn end of this month which should push it's value up
muenze

Activity: 224
Merit: 157

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:51:26 AM

This is a horrible choice. Tron just went x50 , today its up 100%. You are too late to this party. Go for low market cap coins with lots of potential.

It was amazing to be part of Bitcointalk for a little while. Thankyou. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5316241.0
ExtendedBacon

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:52:25 AM

Prob some space in there for really low market cap coins such as DeepOnion or Oyster Pearl, ITC also likely to grow, would look into those three.
xindoa

Activity: 194
Merit: 12

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 11:55:02 AM

This is a horrible choice. Tron just went x50 , today its up 100%. You are too late to this party. Go for low market cap coins with lots of potential.

maybe he was invested in Tron before it went X50 id does not say when he bought them.

ok you should not buy at a high but what is he believes tron is going further up. everybody has its own reasons to invest in a coin.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
ico_reviews

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

ICO reviews through objective analysis

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 11:55:16 AM

You can see the top voted ICOs here, and upvote ones you'd like to be reviewed by CryptoRated:
https://cryptorated.com/ico-request-pipeline/
KomrelliManikanta

Activity: 89

trade.io - Join the Trading Revolution trade.io

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:56:12 AM

Hi guys,

ADA 1000
ETHOS 1800
TRON 1000
DENT 200
XLM 1000

Thats about it really.
What do you guys think?
Dan

I think you are a follower of suppoman. I suggest you to invest in cardano more and ethos less. Also add ETN. ETN is a good project. They have good view and know what they are doing.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▽  TRADE.IO  ▽     ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
wisdommember

Activity: 107

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:58:13 AM

Hi guys,

ADA 1000
ETHOS 1800
TRON 1000
DENT 200
XLM 1000

Thats about it really.
What do you guys think?
Dan

sir,

ada is good. nothing to say
then please consider btc. its important to have some money on btc. its safer and you will need it for opportunities.
invest some in eth. it will rise.
tron could be ok but it has a high supply.

Dent i don't know
mylegacy (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:11:16 PM

Thanks for all of the replies.
A LOT of contrasting opinions regarding the choices, but everyone has their favorites.
Lots of good advice too, thanks for that.
Most of my choices are largely because I have been impressed by the projects behind the coin.

If you dont agree with one of my choices, could you let me know why please.
This would really help.
Maybe I have been blinded by the potential of the project and missed something? (market cap etc.)
ployfit

Activity: 155

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:15:18 PM

Hi guys,

ADA 1000
ETHOS 1800
TRON 1000
DENT 200
XLM 1000

Thats about it really.
What do you guys think?
Dan

DENT and ETHOS were Token Market projects if I am not wrong about them. They are both promising ones. For tron, I can't say anything because its price fluctuates a lot on the exchanges. Cardano is a good one in long run.
muenze

Activity: 224
Merit: 157

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:19:26 PM

This would really help.
Maybe I have been blinded by the potential of the project and missed something? (market cap etc.)

With high market cap coins as yours, the potential, the hype is already in the price. Why else do you think they are worth billions despite having often nothing but a whitepaper really? No real world products yet? They are hyped to the sky. Many people got millionaires, made tens of millions by getting into them cheap. So of course now you can still profit, but much lower. No way they go x50. Unless if bitcoin goes x50 to $750k a coin.

Do you see bitcoin at $750k anytime soon?

Same with people going into Verge now. I dont even know why to bother with this anymore, but if you look at the people who made x30, x50 and more. Its those who bought Verge, Raiblocks, Tron, Iota, ETH, Bitcoin when they were low.

So if you can think for yourself which you seem you CAN, you will come to the right conclusion I hope for you :-)

So this means you will need to buy $50m, $100m market cap coins as maybe Oyster Pearl and Zoin, Colx, Linda and others to be in the next Verge/Iota/Neo/ETH. You are simply too late on the coins you are buying.

It was amazing to be part of Bitcointalk for a little while. Thankyou. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5316241.0
mylegacy (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:41:39 PM

This would really help.

With high market cap coins as yours, the potential, the hype is already in the price. Why else do you think they are worth billions despite having often nothing but a whitepaper really? No real world products yet? They are hyped to the sky. Many people got millionaires, made tens of millions by getting into them cheap. So of course now you can still profit, but much lower. No way they go x50. Unless if bitcoin goes x50 to $750k a coin.

Do you see bitcoin at $750k anytime soon?

Same with people going into Verge now. I dont even know why to bother with this anymore, but if you look at the people who made x30, x50 and more. Its those who bought Verge, Raiblocks, Tron, Iota, ETH, Bitcoin when they were low.

So if you can think for yourself which you seem you CAN, you will come to the right conclusion I hope for you :-)

So this means you will need to buy $50m, $100m market cap coins as maybe Oyster Pearl and Zoin, Colx, Linda and others to be in the next Verge/Iota/Neo/ETH. You are simply too late on the coins you are buying.

Thanks, I will look into those which you have mentioned.
tbh Im not looking to get on the next x50 train, because I dont think Im that lucky.
I would really just be happy with x5 - x10 over 2years. Dont get me wrong, x50 would be amazing!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: