Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:03:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is ripple going to overtake bitcoin ?  (Read 840 times)
rasho321 (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:57:03 AM

Those days ripple is doing really well, it has more than half of bitcoin market cap and has 19% market dominance.
I hate ripple as a cryptocurrency as it's centralized, now seems that ripple is the queen, not ethereum.

That really is making me upset but I want to hear your thoughts.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Angelia46

Activity: 238

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:00:38 PM

It's impossible to ripple over bitcoin, because I remember a lot of people talking about it half a year ago saying that ETH could exceed ETH, and that ripple could only compete for second place with ETH.

arafel71

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:04:34 PM

I think it's impossible, bitcoin is going to remain the king for a long time. Ripple has had such a big rise because of the noobs that have entered the sector and have seen a cheap currency on top of the coinmarketcup. Actually, ripple is rubbish for the philosophy of crypto coins.

Don't be fooled
Bachelorrd

Activity: 80
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:06:31 PM

Right now, I don't think its possible to overtake bitcoin. Ripple has still a long way to go to do that. Also, bitcoin moves every time even if ripple can double its price right now.

Fighting against Inequality!
Chenentess

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:10:49 PM

No way! It's not even a decentralized coin, I think Ripple is just too over hyped now.
paolo099

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:12:37 PM

as soon as people see some alt coin getting pumped they're ready to scream "to the moon! BTC is dead! long live to xxx coin".
Yes, now ripple are doing very good with 32% increase within 24 hours, this is a nice wave to ride but saying it will overtake BTC it's funny; be practical, ride the wave while it last but i wont invest huge amount of money (as usual, this is just my humble opinion).
sunita01

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:20:39 PM

It is not possible to overtake Ripple Bitcoin at any time. Bitcoin is the King, it is very difficult to defeat the King.
dark08

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:21:32 PM

as soon as people see some alt coin getting pumped they're ready to scream "to the moon! BTC is dead! long live to xxx coin".
Yes, now ripple are doing very good with 32% increase within 24 hours, this is a nice wave to ride but saying it will overtake BTC it's funny; be practical, ride the wave while it last but i wont invest huge amount of money (as usual, this is just my humble opinion).

I agree to you even ripple are doing so good for this past few weeks bitcoin will still the king of cryptocurrency we happy for ripple to became no. 2 cryptocurrency this big wave indicate that ripple have a good potential with a real product.
Because ripple are centralized theres no possibility that ripple can overtake bitcoin anytime the btc can boost again just my own opinion and analyzation.

nguyenhoven

Activity: 248
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:21:48 PM

i earn better on ripple then bitcoins

◈ HYPERQUANT ◈ Platform for Professional Asset Management  (https://goo.gl/wGkw41)
fabskie21

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:22:02 PM

Ripple was actually older than Bitcoin with its original version created in 2004 according to Bitcoin Magazine. Though it has reached noticable milestones especially these days with value jumping more than 7,000%, I dont think it will exceed bitcoin's achievement. But investing in ripple is a good choice also. Its up to us to discern.
Jashhh

Activity: 129

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:22:28 PM

At this rate, Ripple could overtake Bitcoin in a month. Check out the numbers at coinmarketcap.
coinycoiny

Activity: 273
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:22:34 PM

If btc fell to $10k ripple would be number 1 looking at market cap just now.
Jashhh

Activity: 129

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:24:30 PM

There has never been such a big threat to btc before. Ripple is reaching towards BTC levels very hard.
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:25:30 PM

It's impossible to ripple over bitcoin, because I remember a lot of people talking about it half a year ago saying that ETH could exceed ETH, and that ripple could only compete for second place with ETH.

Yes XRP is pumping so hard right now but its not enough to overcome  bitcoin and I believe no one can do that. This thing will never happen, people should open their eyes and make time to realize that bitcoin is way better than any other coin. Though holding XRP is a good way also to make good profit.
budongski25

Activity: 105

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:29:40 PM

its just ripples time to pump,
when bitcoin pump again, ripple will left behind,
long long way to overtake bitcoins status.
fudster

Activity: 1190
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:31:10 PM

OP is one of those cryptocrite - one who hates banks but their fait are on banks. Just one term I saw on facebook Smiley

Ripple over taking bitcoin is possible. Banks are going to be using it, why won't banks be buying all those supply for themselves if ripples can help them in every transactions they will do in the future.
wonderchaff

Activity: 239
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:32:15 PM

i don't think ripple can overtake bitocin. Ripple is a good for bank but is centralised an majority of coins own company. But it is really strange cuz ripple now have a lot of transaction more than btc and eth but banks don't use ripple so i don't know ...

USD - in God we trust / BTC - in code we trust
hkdfgkdf

Activity: 337
Merit: 195

Graphics/Signature Designer https://bit.ly/2Q1AOrY

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:38:24 PM

Well its still not bad to invest in Ripple if you think you'll get profit. Eventually, it is your own decision. XRP is doing well but it won't surpass bitcoin. Even though it is centralized, if you want to put money then go, but the coin is just adverse in the concept of decentralization.

Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:42:18 PM

Bitcoin is not stay on the same place and it is also raising, so I doubt that such little fish of the crypto sea as Ripple will ever overtake bitcoin's value.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:46:26 PM

I have done with Ripple, I know it can go higher but it is getting closer to the all-time high and that is a concern for the short-term hold.
from here on XRP will get wild with big rise/drops increments, but it will never go above the Bitcoin market cap.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: