Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:06:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is ripple going to overtake bitcoin ?  (Read 840 times)
Kubra Dam

Activity: 644
Merit: 271

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:17:31 PM

Those days ripple is doing really well, it has more than half of bitcoin market cap and has 19% market dominance.
I hate ripple as a cryptocurrency as it's centralized, now seems that ripple is the queen, not ethereum.

That really is making me upset but I want to hear your thoughts.

I know ripple goes into the moon the price in the coinmarketcap but i don't believe ripple overtake the bitcoin price in the market price bitcoin are now in the stable price into 13 to,14k usd movement for the ethereum i know this year as the prediction hoping to uprise in the market because now is the year for altcoins moving up the price but nobody can overtake the king.

In sense of what will ripple overtake bitcoin? With fully centralized structure, with unknown supply? I don't think so. Ripple bring some value to the markey, but this is very limited if we go more detailed on it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aryadwipanggah

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:18:02 PM

too early if ripple will be able to overtake bitcoin, I think for now only bitcoin cash and ethereum are strong competitors to take bitcoin positions
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:25:32 PM

Both Ripple and ETH will take out Bitcoin and if you study up on "Lightning Network to the aid" then you
will discover that it uses hubs, they charge fees and are in fact "Banks" so that's more pain on top of
the $25 plus Tx fees we already have today.

See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYHFrf5ci_g

I own and like both Ripple and ETH but ETH will need a major re-write to survive because
just like BTC it uses Block-Chain and therefore will not scale and i have already covered the
Lightning sticking plaster.

Block-Matrix will work and scale and will break transaction processing (Not mining as they call it) down
between nodes which involve some centralization just like Lightning needed anyway for it's hub/banks

ETH developers are pro active, BTC developers are sitting on there hands and cannot even come up
with a temporary fix on Bitcoin to limit the fees and have been taken over by greed and big finance.

I can see Ripple becoming a conduit to get money from XYZ coins back into fiat at the bank
and have no love for bankers but unless we get our act sorted out and that's not going to be
$25 in fees from a white paper that said "Virtually free transaction fees" and on a public
ledger then Ripple will take over.

Mining coins and PoW is the biggest pile of crap ever invented by someone calling themselves
a programmer and the king has no clothes on people, we didn't need it before and we don't need it now

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Restmand

Activity: 979
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:32:09 PM

Those days ripple is doing really well, it has more than half of bitcoin market cap and has 19% market dominance.
I hate ripple as a cryptocurrency as it's centralized, now seems that ripple is the queen, not ethereum.

yeah we can say that the ripple are doing a great performance in the industry but it impossible for now that the ripple can go over the bitcoin. ripple only is 3rd in the toplist and it is under inthe Ethereum who's the second in the toplist. i don't think how many years it take before it success to exceed the bitcoin of ripple.bitcoin was done for many goods in many countries and ripple still chasing the career
Goldberg007

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:32:29 PM

No,it never happen in the future.Bitcoin is the leader of all coin and will remain the leader.In future the only coin come close to bitcoin is ethereum.At the moment bitcoin has no competitor.
proTECH77

Activity: 1120
Merit: 30

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:32:36 PM

Despite the gradual increase in price that Ripple is having, it can still not be said that it would take over Bitcoin. The concept and innovation behind these two currencies differs and bitcoin being at the fore-front, gives it an edge over other cryptos.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄          bisq.network          ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
<<<<<<<<<<<Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀          DOWNLOAD    N O W           ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Ochakemaput

Activity: 483

terra-credit.com

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 02:44:43 PM

I do not think, the ripple will be just for a moment, then the ripple only focuses on the bank, while bitcoin is very widespread, it can take bitcoin, but it takes a long time, because ordinary people only know about bitcoin, fixated with bitcoin, that's one of the reasons that makes it hard to take bitcoin

► TerraCredit ◄ ♦ TerraCredit - An Effective Alternative To Cash Since 2018 ♦ ► TerraCredit ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂| ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
DySWv

Activity: 164

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 03:05:23 PM

Really? Are you blind? Cannot you see the big difference between the price of Ripple and Bitcoin? Or even in the difference between the price of Ripple and Ethereum? Ripple's price is stable because of the reason that it is centralized. People will not invest in Ripple because of its price and potential. Therefore, it will neither overtake Bitcoin nor Ethereum.

lelylely

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:08:48 PM

It would be very difficult for ripple to overtake the bitcoin. Very little chance of ripple overtaking bitcoin, because bitcoin is too strong to be defeated.

DonFacundo

Activity: 1344
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:20:12 PM

it will not overtake bitcoin, for me its just a normal coin but if people support ripple it can overtake bitcoin but most of the country support bitcoin it can convert into fiat just like our country only bitcoin we can convert it.

xiaopang11

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:23:44 PM

I feel like you're telling a joke. I'm never optimistic about XRP. I don't think it's good enough. It's not as good as bitcoin or any other mainstream coin.
codered000

Activity: 120
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:19:52 PM

I doubt that ripple can beat bitcoin. Even ethereum cannot beat bitcoin and ethereum is bigger that ripple. Bitcoin is way more ahead on every other coins that's why it already built its pillar and cannot be overtaken by any coins or alts.
piloder
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:28:12 PM

By marketcap no
By use cases no
By community support no

No ripple can't overtake Bitcoin as it is not fully decentralized and it is one of the most manipulated coin by bankers.
iamryan

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:18:59 AM

Ripple is another cryptocurrency that has recently seen a spike or rise in value and could be set to overtake Bitcoin. But i dont think it ls going to happen as its not easy to surpass a king.
david_019

Activity: 256

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:42:57 AM

Now I know why ripple little by little dominating most of the altcoins in crypto world the power behind is because of being centralised.So its not a good basis to see it as the greatest competitor among the altcoins against bitcoin. Because the investors would still love to choose bitcoin unless government will ban all the wallet exchanges since they can not ban bitcoin and control it as. it is circulating in the computer.

sksshopee

Activity: 176

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:06:02 AM

Ripple will never overtake bitcoin in any situation. Because Bitcoin is the super star of crypto currency world where as ripple is just a new comer in this industry. There is also a very big gap in both currencies price. Bitcoin acceptance is every corner of the world but ripple is not accepted every where.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: