Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:03:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is BITCOIN a Haven for Criminals? Or does it just attract sheep as users?  (Read 100 times)
bitfools (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:30:13 PM

The blockchain is a disaster, there are more ways to lose your money than Las Vegas and that's not even counting trading losses.......
J
ust look at Cryptopia, they have a support queue of 14,000 complaints and take two weeks to even respond. That's 7,000 people per week who are going to be told they are idiots by support staff and that it's all their fault. Crypto currencies are built to be dangerous and unforgiving, justified by Libertarians who see any problem as individual sovereign risk. If you got it wrong you deserve the consequences. But what do you think will happen when this is unleashed on the masses?

Satoshi wrote a paper describing a peer to peer currency with no need for trusted intermediaries.

Sounds like you have problems with trusted intermediaries.

Well it does appear the OP put trust, where TRUST doesn't belong. Recall Folks BITCOIN is a TRUSTLESS Environ - Your Supposed to Trust Nobody, and especially the Con-Artists Wallets, pools, and exchanges fleecing the users.

Here I will help OP.

Never use any exchanges or wallets, only use the core sw as provided for all activity, if you mine, write your own miner.

Some +90% of all BTC loss is wallet, exchange, mining-pool, ... etc, ... all 3rd party criminal activity, the OP is right, BTC because of its libertarian 'non-recourse' opinions is a haven for criminals, and thus u have mt-gox, and nicehash, and 100's of ppl where here they'll tell u it was incompetence, but IMHO as a life-long professional sw developer I see 100% criminal activity.

TRUST in an environment of criminals is like taking your virgin daughter to an orgy and expecting her to remain a virgin, its the wild-west and you should know that before entering, there are many signs; Trust in any website, or wallet-sw, or anything outside of the core-dev team is just asking for having your coins stolen.

As an active miner, I can tell u that 99% of all the mining pools are ran by criminals, the trick in this wild-west zoo is to give a little bait to all and figure out WHO to trust, sounds like U already learned a few ppl who not to trust, so your on your way, but don't go back, once someone rips you off don't be a fool and return, and don't waste your time on the phone or email, with a Bangalore call center who have no power to return your stolen money.

Just give out small amounts and test ppl in this zoo.
bitfools (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:46:24 PM

Criminals? Gambling? Bitcoin?? Say it ain't so Sad
Vin183~

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:06:15 PM

which I know if bitcoin is used to black market transaction transactions then the government and some people say bitcoin is illegal
DenkoViewly

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 09:46:20 PM

Wait, what? Even if Bitcoin is a haven for criminals, can you please tell me what is not a haven for criminals? The automotive industry, gambling, trading, sports, hospitals, banks, governments, taxi companies, charity foundations, non-government organisations etc. I could just go on like this forever. Name one thing that has not been at least slightly corrupted by criminals? They are trying to exploit every single flaw and gain something out of it. Everywhere in every possible era known to man. And that is not going to change at least not anytime soon.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: