Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:28:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing for first time  (Read 158 times)
langy123 (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:54:08 PM

Hi Guys

I am looking at investing for the first time, I currently use Blockchain as my wallet and Cryptopia for trading, would people say these two are okay to use?

Firstly, I will be looking at investing £1,000 on Bitcoin and then go for the long-held option,  most likely for the next 2-3 years, whilst keeping an eye out for spikes in value to sell say 40% at any given time during a spike.

I would like to keep 60% of the remaining value to (hopefully) climb, whilst also possibly spending 15% on alternative currencies e.g. Ripple.

As of now Bitcoin looks to be at a high value and I am waiting for a dip to buy mine, would you say this is a wise move, as I need to buy Bitcoin before looking at buying alt coins.

Any info would be great, thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TsSeRG

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:07:00 PM

Hi Guys

I am looking at investing for the first time, I currently use Blockchain as my wallet and Cryptopia for trading, would people say these two are okay to use?

Firstly, I will be looking at investing £1,000 on Bitcoin and then go for the long-held option,  most likely for the next 2-3 years, whilst keeping an eye out for spikes in value to sell say 40% at any given time during a spike.

I would like to keep 60% of the remaining value to (hopefully) climb, whilst also possibly spending 15% on alternative currencies e.g. Ripple.

As of now Bitcoin looks to be at a high value and I am waiting for a dip to buy mine, would you say this is a wise move, as I need to buy Bitcoin before looking at buying alt coins.

Hi!

Firstly, you should understand very clearly that ANY investment in cryptocurrencies is a very risky thing and you should be ready to lose everything at any moment. Move forward only if you are ok with this.

As for your investing strategy - it seems fine, you can search for other "standard strategies" like 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 or something. I think that most of the users here are bitcoin enthusiasts and believe that BTC will grow and hodl© is the best strategy.
As for ALTS - you go your way, but it might be interesting for you to test micro-investments in a pool of different coins if you are looking for "serious" speculative profit. One team in Russia does an experiment with investing $10 a day in different cryptos (including BTC), they went >60 days and are at 150%+ right now. It's a small risk that helps you to research more about cryptos and potentially get some outstanding results.

Anyhow, this message might seem strange from a guy with zero posts, but everyone should start with something Smiley

Please, consider that my own experience in crypto-investing is quite small and counts 8-10 coins and 2 ICO participation with total value of ~0,7 BTC (~$10.000).
goldade

Activity: 896
Merit: 104

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:22:59 PM

Hi Guys

Hi.
Your wallet is a very good wallet but I don't know of crytopia, why don't you try out Poloniex or Bittrex. They are very good trading platforms.
I very much like your trading strategy. It's a very good strategy.Holding 40% for pump in the price and the remaining 60% for a long term is a good idea.
I'm sure you will make massive profit even with only the 40%.

TedMosby

Activity: 1120
Merit: 437

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5274318.0

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 02:54:26 PM

Hi Guys

use a wallet that you have full access into it. blockchain.info is okay to store your bitcoin.
cryptopia? hmm.. I'll recommend binance, bittrex, and poloniex for now.
I suggest you to diversify your money into digital assets and free money (the money that might be needed to buy something (cryptocurrency) when there's a good moment for it).

for me: 80% digital assets, 20% free money.
the digital assets will be diversified in 3 class:
class 1 - 60% - Bitcoin 70:30 Ethereum (which is the top and popular coin)
class 2 - 30% - Litecoin, Ripple, XLM (you know it is popular but not enough point to place it on class 1  Grin)
class 3 - 10% - Aion, ADA, ICX, IOTA (the "rising star")
langy123 (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:18:40 PM

Hi Guys

Hi.
Your wallet is a very good wallet but I don't know of crytopia, why don't you try out Poloniex or Bittrex. They are very good trading platforms.
I very much like your trading strategy. It's a very good strategy.Holding 40% for pump in the price and the remaining 60% for a long term is a good idea.
I'm sure you will make massive profit even with only the 40%.

I did try to sing up for Bittrex but it was not taking any more sign ups, I am currently trying Poloniex now.

On Blockchain, I keep getting m payment to buy Bitcoin declined via debit card, is there anywhere else you would recommend to buy them from?
langy123 (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:25:14 PM

Hi Guys

use a wallet that you have full access into it. blockchain.info is okay to store your bitcoin.
I suggest you to diversify your money into digital assets and free money (the money that might be needed to buy something (cryptocurrency) when there's a good moment for it).

class 2 - 30% - Litecoin, Ripple, XLM (you know it is popular but not enough point to place it on class 1  Grin)

I keep getting my payment to buy via Blockchain declined via debit card for "security reasons", would you recommend anywhere else to buy them from, and I could then even transfer them to Blockchain.

What wallet do you use, have you got any other tips for a newbie? Smiley

Binance and Bitterex are not currently accepting new accounts, I am going to sign up to Poloniex.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:35:02 PM

generally i would not recommend blockchain.info as a wallet to anyone. it is not that bad to begin with it but try to move on from there soon.

try checking out Electrum.org and also read some about cold storage.

as for cryptopia it is not a bad place although the liquidity is not as good. try binance too.

when you take a trading route then you have to buy back after you sell on a spike.
if you have not bought bitcoin yet, then it is best to buy in the dips when the prices have a little drop and go below the support line. currently anything below $13k or $12k if you are lucky.

and also remember that it is always risky even if you know it is going up.

as for your investment in altcoins try not to buy coins that are already pumped. XRP is currently extremely pumped. these coins may go up but the risk of dropping hard is so much bigger.

it is a wise move.
although with investment you never know when prices will drop when they rise and how much. you have to do some risk assessments for example see what the possible bottom is and how much is the risk of staying on the side and waiting for it to be reached. if it is not high then wait.

There is a FOMO brewing...
TorbiK

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Diagon

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:16:58 PM

Today, Ripple also looks very expensive, but who knows? A few days ago they said that he was on top when he was worth 1.5 bucks.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:23:18 PM

class 2 - 30% - Litecoin, Ripple, XLM (you know it is popular but not enough point to place it on class 1  Grin)
Unfortunately Bittrex stopped new users registration and a few hours ago, Binance announced that they will not accept new users as well to update their site and accommodate more users. No time frame was given by Binance as to when are they going to accept new users. So if you really want to start now, try Poloniex.
rudox

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:40:53 PM

I think you are on the right track. But have you checked on the fees of cryptopia and the minimum amount you can withdraw on Bitcoin. Please check what i have just mentioned now. There is a certain amount you cannot withdraw  from Cryptopia if you are using bitcoin.
Robin789

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:52:23 PM

Trading or Coin invest is risky for first time, you need to know about bitcoin and altcoin.
Then you invest some good exchange like bittrex, HitBTC. They are very good trading platforms.
Be carefull for buying Altcoin. Thanks.
kolega

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:39:16 PM

In bitcoin you can keep the 20% Deposit for example, the rest to distribute tokens and altcoins, such as: ICON, EOS,AION,NEO,IOTA
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: