Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:20:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Project: Alternative to Coinmarketcap,  (Read 298 times)
KingScorpio (OP)

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 01:03:45 PM

Hy propose a project, designing a website with an alternative ranking to coinmarket cap to

free the minds of Cryptotraders from it, and the corruption that goes on there.

regards

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6131

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:49:56 PM

CoinMarketCap looks transparent to me. People either use it or use Cryptocompare, making another site won't help bringing traffic unless it contains extra features that actually worth it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mikeoneal

Activity: 140
Merit: 15

Love Bitcoin

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:08:45 PM

you will get huge traffic, I have one just after 1 month without marketing , alexa ranking under 100.000 

English to hebrew & chinese translation
KingScorpio (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 08:20:54 PM

you will get huge traffic, I have one just after 1 month without marketing , alexa ranking under 100.000 

thats great,

we need an alternative to coinmarket cap

it has a sterrible ranking method that benefits stupid mathematical multiplications,

coins that have high numbers and are beeing manipulated by pumps automatically are high ranked there

with a new ranking and some carefully designed indexes we could help the community a lot.

regards

KingScorpio (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 08:23:03 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2018, 08:46:28 PM by KingScorpio

CoinMarketCap looks transparent to me. People either use it or use Cryptocompare, making another site won't help bringing traffic unless it contains extra features that actually worth it.

no coinmarket cap isnt transparent,

it lists and ranks soly by a stupid and meaningless multiplication, and billions of people fall for it.

ripples high premine decidely caused its quick rise, and now people are using ripples marketcapitalisation to tell how multiple times ripple is better than token X or how many times ripple is bigger than token X this is ridicoulous, not scientific and meaningless driven by pure greed, and egoistic objections.

total amount of token * observed traded price

this is not a meaningful way to rank cryptocurrencies,

social acceptance, environmental friendliness, waste of ressource transaction fees,

these are all missed out factors,

coin marketcap creates reality with its ranking and it also damages competition,

people now all need to create token with huuuuuge total number so they can get attention in "coinmarketcap"

jepordising coinmarketcap buy creating more listening alternatives and indexes, helps the quality of cryptoeconomics,

and it gives opportunities for new coin to shine with quality instead of bribes and exchange/total coin amount data

regards

boxbaly
Copper Member

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:20:03 AM

How much does it will cost ? i m interested
mybitly

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:15:44 AM

PM me if you're interested. Im working on a similar project.
KingScorpio (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 06:15:14 AM

PM me if you're interested. Im working on a similar project.

oh thats great lets open a slack about this i was contacted by multiple people the desire for such a new index is big as are the reasons,

you pm me all your email adresses and i create this slack

hopefully will will free the market from this ranking based on this easily manipulateable mathematical multiuplication (exchange price  x total amount of Token/Coins in Existance)

regards

KingScorpio (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 06:29:53 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2018, 07:11:32 AM by KingScorpio

How much does it will cost ? i m interested

its not expensive to build something like that if you can find the expensivly educated and motivated minds,

that want to build something like this

KingScorpio (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 07:29:08 AM

i have created this new slack

the slack is called:

Cryptoutilityindex

cryptoutilityindex.slack.com

the password to enter it is:

utility

if ther are probelems with the password check the Capital spelling: Utility

lets stick with this temproary project name intill we get a final name and a good ranking system,

i think we should give people the choice for multiple ranking systems, not just the current easily manipulatable marketcap,

but we talk about this later,

feel free to join the slack

chiggz

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:59:35 AM

Yeah coinmarket cap is a kind of pain in the ass. Terrible refreshing and cannot see % change over longer period of time.  But there are a lot of alternatives around with good features. So unless you come up with something unique there is a lot of competition to face IMO.

Currenty I use https://www.livecoinwatch.com/ for price check.

Anyways all the best on the project OP!
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:01:30 AM

Since it is obviously too easy to scam Coinmarketcap, yes. One of Edoge versions was there for months with high value while not even being tradeable and while not having such value on exchanges..... It is still there, although with a gibberish value: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/etherdoge/.

Hence I would gladly accept the alternative. However, it should have all the functionalities of Coinmarketcap because it really is a great tool.

KingScorpio (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 11:08:18 AM

great, i hope i will find a lot of people in this new slack channel then, so we can start develoing this

KingScorpio (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 01:24:11 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2018, 06:15:30 PM by KingScorpio

does entereing the slack work without invite?

KingScorpio (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 07:25:02 AM

i have to take attention for this project,

join our slack directly or pm me for this,

a new coin marketcap also can help your coinproject a lot,

since the current coinmarketcap is basically bitcoin centered arround the bitcoin owner pyramid that has 1000 people owning 50% of all bitcoin and having mining equipment installed

KingScorpio (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 10:53:17 AM

Before discussing change management, we discuss first requirement. In ArtiVisi, the form requirement is a list of application screens, usually created with Netbeans. We do not use narrative formats such as those adopted by some organizations and are called User Requirement Specification (URS), Business Requirement Specification (BRS), or Software Requirement Specification (SRS), User Story, or other terms. Based on experience, narrative documents make the user lazy to interact. For simple shopping cart application, if made * RS, will be more than 20 pages. Especially for large applications. Client will be lazy to read, and consequently when the application dideliver results are not as expected, although in accordance with * RS.

MeanVision uses prototype apps for requirement. We create a desktop or web screen, filled with hardcoded data, and already have a menu and flow. From registration screen click submit will enter confirmation screen, etc .. By using a prototype that can be filled and clicked, the user will be more eager to interact, so the results will be qualified requirements. At this requirement phase the user is free to request any modification of origin is still within the agreed scope.

After no more significant changes, all screen dicapture, inserted into the document, and diapprove client (sign off). This will be a benchmark in the development process, among which is used by programmers for coding, and technical writer to create a user manual.

what the hell are you talking about,

we are creating a list/coin ranking, and give people options to chose an order, not just this "bitcoin is first" and "everything is evaluated in US dollar order

there are multiple ideas how to implement this besides the current marketcap, on chosen exchanges, we could also use different regional priority or utility ranking methods, because the marktcap that is currently beeing used is an US dollar oriented ranking, the US dollar however is lossing globally significance,

we could ad additionally to the ranking method an inspection level certification, the coin owners have then to pay for the certification for someone of us inspecting the coin, its utility and the product,

people can than chose weather they consider uninspected coins without verifications or not.

regards

vados333

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:47:01 PM

Who are your target audience?
kenndal

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:31:54 AM

Yeah coinmarket cap is a kind of pain in the ass.  But there are a lot of alternatives around with good features.

100% agree with you here.

Have you heard, there's an awesome project combining coin market capitalizations with trending social tropics: https://coinkapp.com it's highly regarded by traders who take positions based on "market sentiment".

From what i've experienced, thanks to coinkapp's reddit, twitter, youtube, gNews, & tradingview feeds - it's easily possible to tell when a specific cryptocurrency is entering a "positive media cycle" or vice versa.

Terrible refreshing and cannot see % change over longer period of time.  .

As for refreshing, coinkapp has that same system as coinmarketcap - got to hit the F5 button to get coin prices updated.

kenndal

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:50:19 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2018, 07:02:10 AM by kenndal

People either use it or use Cryptocompare, making another site won't help bringing traffic unless it contains extra features that actually worth it.

Well with all the alternatives to coinmarketcap in 2018, i think people have started using coinkapp after the happening last month. It's true that some coins without mining should not even be listed.
acheterbitcoin

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:18:42 AM

awesome project combining coin market capitalizations with trending social tropics: https://coinkapp.com it's highly regarded by traders

Excellent, thanks for sharing coinkapp here! I really like it - especially that I can get all the price chart data going back 1 year!!

The UI looks nice on my desktop, but wow on mobile it's a bit small for reading easily.

Do people comment, and share gifs on coinkapp yet?

Looks promising  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: