Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:34:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty 0.2btc Help me bulid an awesome PC  (Read 940 times)
mrkent (OP)

Activity: 249
Merit: 256

Try Purse Instant! https://purse.io/instant

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2013, 11:12:23 AM

This bounty will go to split between two prizes, 0.1 for good configuration and purchase link with best price. 0.1 for addressing some of my questions. Both can be awarded to same person.

Computer will be used to duel boot linux (primary) and windows.

Requirements:
1. An 8 core i7 of one of the more recent generations (Haswell or Ivy Bridge, not sure about price/performance)
2. 32gb ram
3. 1 SSD of around ~100gb or so for OSes
4. 2x HHD in raid 0
5. Graphics card that can handle a 4k tv (efficient bitcoin/litecoin miner is a plus): http://www.amazon.com/Seiki-Digital-SE39UY04-39-Inch-Ultra/dp/B00DOPGO2G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1375786914&sr=8-2&keywords=seiki+4k
6. Smaller form factor would be nice
7. Parts need to be fairly sturdy in case I move it around and whatnot.
8. Not in a hurry to build this (maybe within 3 weeks) so would prefer to get things when they are on sale.

Spend BTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTC @ amazon
Save 10-25% with Ƀ worldwide - PurseIO
Anonymously▃▃▃▃▃▃ ⌚Fast ⚖Safe ⓑOn Credit
Buy BTC w. Card
  Worldwide - Purse.IO
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2013, 11:40:06 AM

To calculate the best price, we would need to know where you're from (Europe, US, Asia, ....?) , because shipping costs can play a factor aswell Smiley
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 12:17:48 PM

Do you want to build it yourself or buy a prebuolt pc?
HollowIP

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 02:39:47 PM

Ram: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=32gb+ram&N=-1&isNodeId=1

CPUS: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=8+core+cpu&N=100006676&isNodeId=1

HDDS: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=hdd&N=100006670&isNodeId=1

SSDs: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-3132_7-57573094-98/top-5-solid-state-drives-its-upgrade-time/

a very helpful list of GPUs: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison

Your most important part of any computer will be your mobo- its literally the foundation for everything else. I would suggest an asus motherboard. Another important factor is your case.

http://www.newegg.com/  is the most helpful resource for building computers. They have the most competitive prices, and the widest selection.

If you found this helpful, 1G282KZFDi1gsc8hrfT2Jsq4fKacRdJmj9

BTC-  3FofPhtcESndpyLTJTJEnpShdHgbN82pAz
PrintMule

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 02:44:17 PM

I'm too busy being delicious right now, to help you, but I wanted to mention that if you live in US - microcenter cpu+mobo bundles = best price for those 2 components.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀        ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███████████████████████████████████████████████
█████    ▄█████████▌   ▐█████▀  ▐███████████████▌  ▀██████████████████
████▌   ▐██████████    █████    ████████████████    ██████████████████
████▌   ▐█████████▄▄▄▄█████▌   ▐███████████████▌   ▐███▀▀█████████████
█████    ▀███████████████▀▀        ▄███████████    ██▀   ▐████████████
██████▄     ▀▀███████▀▀         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀█████▌   ▐▀   ▄███▀▀   ▀█████
█████████▄▄     ▀▀███▄  ▄▄    ████▀    ▄   ███       ▄███▀   ▄█  ▐████
█████████████▄▄     ▀████▌   ▐███▀   ███   ██▌      ████    ██▀  █████
██████▀▀   ▀█████▄    ███    ████   ███▌  ▐██    ▌  ▐██▌      ▄▄██████
█████    ▄████████    ▐██    ██▀▀   ██▀   ▐▀    ▐█   ██▌   ▀██▀▀  ████
████▌   ▐████████▀    ███▄     ▄▄▄     ▄    ▄   ▐██   ██▄      ▄▄█████
████▌   ███████▀    ▄███████████████████████████████▄  ▀▀██████▀▀ ████
█████    ▀▀▀▀     ▄█████████▀    ▀█▀    ▀█       ▀████▄▄         ▄████
██████▄▄    ▄▄▄▄████████████  █████  ██  █  █  █  ████████████████████
█████████████████████████  █▄    ▄█▄    ▄█  █  █  ████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
San1ty

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 02:47:06 PM

Instead of giving you list of prices I'd rather ask you why (I assume you are a gamer?):

- Why does your PC have to be able to mine LTC or BTC? I hope you know it won't earn anything, use a lot of power, won't be able to game while you mine?

- Why 32 GB of Ram? Unless you want to ramdisk a lot of stuff this is entirely useless. (Instead go 16 GB)

- Why 8 Core CPU? Again pretty much useless unless in extreme computing scenario's (NOT GAMING) (Take a Quad Core i7, Haswell or Ivy bridge doesn't really matter as the gains of Haswell are mostly targeted to laptops)

- SSD and HDD Requirements are fine.

- GTX 780 Can power a 4K display and is a pretty good buy (This card won't mine very well)

Please re-evaluate your requirements.

Regards,
San1ty

Found my posts helpful? Consider buying me a beer :-)!:
BTC - 1San1tyUGhfWRNPYBF4b6Vaurq5SjFYWk NXT - 17063113680221230777
polrpaul

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2013, 02:47:42 PM

Seriously, you can do this yourself quite easily.

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2013, 02:57:49 PM

Instead of giving you list of prices I'd rather ask you why (I assume you are a gamer?):

- Why does your PC have to be able to mine LTC or BTC? I hope you know it won't earn anything, use a lot of power, won't be able to game while you mine?

- Why 32 GB of Ram? Unless you want to ramdisk a lot of stuff this is entirely useless. (Instead go 16 GB)

- Why 8 Core CPU? Again pretty much useless unless in extreme computing scenario's (NOT GAMING) (Take a Quad Core i7, Haswell or Ivy bridge doesn't really matter as the gains of Haswell are mostly targeted to laptops)

- GTX 780 Can power a 4K display and is a pretty good buy (This card won't mine very well)

Regards,
San1ty

Yeah, why DO you need such a complex computer?  If your a gamer, buy a gaming computer.  DON'T get this computer just for mining Wink

32GB RAM lol you must be a serious gamer. o.O what are you going to do, play 20 games at once?  Undecided
HollowIP

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 03:09:18 PM

Regards,
San1ty

Yeah, why DO you need such a complex computer?  If your a gamer, buy a gaming computer.  DON'T get this computer just for mining Wink

32GB RAM lol you must be a serious gamer. o.O what are you going to do, play 20 games at once?  Undecided

Could be a buffer. You never know what crazy shit they are gonna come out with in the next few years that may need that much. lol

BTC-  3FofPhtcESndpyLTJTJEnpShdHgbN82pAz
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 03:52:19 PM

if hes anything like me my gaming PC is always doing stuff most of the time im playing games on 1 screen and running VMs in another 1 or 2 screens its much easier to build something that can match anything you can think of but in my situation i went with AMD mostly because they have a better all round figure than Intel 

mrkent (OP)

Activity: 249
Merit: 256

Try Purse Instant! https://purse.io/instant

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 01:04:04 AM

To calculate the best price, we would need to know where you're from (Europe, US, Asia, ....?) , because shipping costs can play a factor aswell Smiley

USA

Not a gamer and mining are not required. Just something to play with.

I do plan to do some calculations on it, which is why I'd like some extra ram and hyper threading.

I was recommended something like this: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/mrkent/saved/27ba
but I believe the gpu is actually oversized for that case. The 32 gb of ram is probably overkill.

Spend BTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTC @ amazon
Save 10-25% with Ƀ worldwide - PurseIO
Anonymously▃▃▃▃▃▃ ⌚Fast ⚖Safe ⓑOn Credit
Buy BTC w. Card
  Worldwide - Purse.IO
tUrnre

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 01:43:53 AM

You are building pre-supercomputer dude  Tongue
what kind of calculation you needed to solve?

This bounty will go to split between two prizes, 0.1 for good configuration and purchase link with best price. 0.1 for addressing some of my questions. Both can be awarded to same person.

Computer will be used to duel boot linux (primary) and windows.

Requirements:
1. An 8 core i7 of one of the more recent generations (Haswell or Ivy Bridge, not sure about price/performance)
2. 32gb ram
3. 1 SSD of around ~100gb or so for OSes
4. 2x HHD in raid 0
5. Graphics card that can handle a 4k tv (efficient bitcoin/litecoin miner is a plus): http://www.amazon.com/Seiki-Digital-SE39UY04-39-Inch-Ultra/dp/B00DOPGO2G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1375786914&sr=8-2&keywords=seiki+4k
6. Smaller form factor would be nice
7. Parts need to be fairly sturdy in case I move it around and whatnot.
8. Not in a hurry to build this (maybe within 3 weeks) so would prefer to get things when they are on sale.
Moogle

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

KUPO!

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 12:49:15 AM

This is a PC I priced up the other day
Reason for my high species is due to video editing and rendering.
http://www.ebuyer.com/lists/list/217117

I'm from the UK though so can't really buy from there but might give tpu something else to think about. I.e and rather than Intel :-P

San1ty

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:18:28 AM

USA

Not a gamer and mining are not required. Just something to play with.

I do plan to do some calculations on it, which is why I'd like some extra ram and hyper threading.

I was recommended something like this: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/mrkent/saved/27ba
but I believe the gpu is actually oversized for that case. The 32 gb of ram is probably overkill.

Something to play with is a bit vague, we need to have real requirements in order to suggest hardware.
Something to play with could be 500 dollar or 10.000 dollar Smiley.

Found my posts helpful? Consider buying me a beer :-)!:
BTC - 1San1tyUGhfWRNPYBF4b6Vaurq5SjFYWk NXT - 17063113680221230777
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: