Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:51:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help re Unconfirmed transaction to 'Hashbot' scam  (Read 153 times)
theste (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:51:54 PM

Hi guys,

I made a deposit to Hashbot for $90 before I found out that the site was a HYIP scam. The site is now offline.

Luckily for me, I included such a low fee that the transfer has been unconfirmed on the network since the 28th November!

How long will it be before the transaction is forgotten, and therefore the balance reappear in my wallet?
Or, is it possible to do a child pays for parent or similar transaction to change the output from the scam wallet address back to one of my own?

FYI the transaction was made through blockchain.info wallet, but happy to export my private keys into a new wallet if it would provide additional options.

My wallet address used was:      1K5xCmVyJ6a8MjxrbqE8K3wbu4ezcHrYiy

Scam wallet address used was:  1uUY8fzNUofXgCuQ7Bon91TKBaJAPbqAf

https://blockchain.info/tx/cb2a75e8a97d220e3ca884ce00077fa8149aa1dd975aedfd7e8719fd0ef56f0c

I used to think I was reasonably well informed, but after reading various websites i'm very confused about what to do next so help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Stephen

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16599

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 02:20:47 PM

I made a deposit to Hashbot for $90
It was worth $55 at the time you made the transaction, and is currently worth $80.

How long will it be before the transaction is forgotten, and therefore the balance reappear in my wallet?
If it's unconfirmed for this long, that means it's still being broadcasted.

Or, is it possible to do a child pays for parent or similar transaction to change the output from the scam wallet address back to one of my own?
CPFP is something 'Hashbot' could do, by sending the unconfirmed funds with a higher fee. This means the current transaction gets confirmed, which is not what you want.

FYI the transaction was made through blockchain.info wallet, but happy to export my private keys into a new wallet if it would provide additional options.
Most of your inputs are too small to be worth the fee at the moment. I suggest you export the private key for 1ETSFvQ5VQJ1jQRCgf9c2vXd9uwX5tn5GE only. Easiest is to import it into Electrum, see if it picks up the existing unconfirmed transaction from mempool, or that it lets you make a new transaction.
Once this new transaction gets confirmed, your previous unconfirmed transaction is dropped.

I used to think I was reasonably well informed, but after reading various websites i'm very confused about what to do next so help would be much appreciated!
Keep the rest of your small inputs, and consolidate them if fees ever get lower again.

bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 02:22:57 PM

To be able to perform a child-pays-for-parent you need to control the private key of at least one of the transaction output addresses.
Does 1PXdnkPar7LhZ9NfwvJuXsjfRPXHpr9M5H belong to your wallet? If its a change address (which it probably is), you can easily import your seed / private keys
into electrum (https://electrum.org/#home) and choose to spend from this change address. Make sure to include a fee which is high enough to pay for both of your transactions.
You can check https://estimatefee.com/ for an appropiate fee. Afterwards try to broadcast your transaction. If this will lead to an error you can still try to push your transaction
manually via several online services (e.g. https://blockchain.info/de/pushtx, which probably won't work - https://live.blockcypher.com/btc/pushtx/ or https://blockexplorer.com/tx/send).

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:24:07 PM

First of all for the transaction to be "dropped" then it must be forgotten by the network and your wallet no longer has the transaction recorded. Only then will the Bitcoin associated with the transaction be usable in a new transaction. If you create a new transaction using the same Bitcoins and it gets confirmed by the network the old unconfirmed transaction will be dropped/forgotten by the network and thus become invalid.

The old transaction can't be broadcast again by anyone. This is why a lot of websites/services always wait for 1 confirmation to prevent this and double spending. There isn't a time frame which the transaction will be forgotten and could remain on the network forever depending on the wallet used and the network.
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:06:15 PM

do what LoyceV suggested, either with 1ETSFvQ5V... or 1PXdnkPar...
if you have problem creating tx with electrum, you can try compose it with coinb.in
if you have problem brodcasting thru electrum, you can push your rawtx to open nodes

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: