Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:33:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: altcoin bounty, is it a form of money laundering?  (Read 110 times)
Thamon (OP)

Activity: 135
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:38:21 PM

Hey guys, I just want to know your opinion on altcoin bounty, is it a form of money laundering?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shaun98

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:00:54 AM

I don't think it's considered money laundering. It's basically a marketing campaign where they pay us to participate by promoting their project on social media platforms.

xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:16:44 AM

I don't think it's considered money laundering. It's basically a marketing campaign where they pay us to participate by promoting their project on social media platforms.
Agree, if you think the bounty is money laundering, then ICO is probably far more money-laundering like than the bounty.

honeyduckgoose

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:10:08 AM

I mean maybe you could argue that people who invest large amounts of money into an ICO could be trying to clean their money but that's a stretch.

Bounties aren't because you receive the alt coin as payment for marketing for them / spreading the word about an ICO through social media etc. There is no money exchanged.
coolcountry

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:19:33 AM

Why would it be? By posting with signatures you are advertising for the ICO and the ICO owners are rewarding you for your efforts with the only currency they can pay you with, tokens of the ICO. Unless the ICO itself is scammy, or is being run by money launderers, altcoin bounties are not a form of money laundering.

OlgaKopotii

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:49:05 AM

Hey guys, I just want to know your opinion on altcoin bounty, is it a form of money laundering?

When you watch TV(if you do it), or watch some movie online on the internet you see advertising at least few times. Companies pay big money for this and it's normal, so what unusual you see in bounty campaigns? Advertising everywhere in our daily life, we promotion ourselves, new shampoo, restaurant with delicious food, a good school for children and etc. Life is changing and channels of advertising also changed.
Rules85

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:59:51 AM

Is the bounty movement a money-laundering sport? This sounds ridiculous, and ICO may become a vehicle for money laundering.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
selenophile

Activity: 244

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:56:17 AM

why you think it is money laundering? they just pay bounty participant small percentage of sale for marketing.

Freezingel

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:58:24 AM

Ofcourse not, it's a service, advertising service for the project, we spread the word about the project in exchange of some payment and that's not money laundering. The value of the token itself come from the one who invest in the project so it's definitely not money laundering and you shouldn't worry about it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀▀▀████▀        ▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
    ███▀         ▀        ▄██▀▀         ▀███
   ███▀                 ▄██▀              ▀▀▀
████████████          ▄██▀
   ███▄             ▄██▀                  ▄▄▄
    ███▄         ▄▄██▀        ▄         ▄███
     ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀        ▄████▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀█████▀▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀██████▀▀
                  ▀▀▀█████▀▀
Ethernity CLOUD
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████     ████     ██
██     ████     ██████████     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
blok

Activity: 93
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:01:04 AM

Whaaaaat? Affiliate marketing has been with us since at least 1970s. It's essentially that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: