Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:31:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins grow, Bitcoin staginent  (Read 161 times)
Little-loli (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:12:46 PM

Altcoins are having a huge huge bullrun, with massive gains everyday from mid december to now, about a month worth of bullrun. I am thinking when should I sell my altcoins, or if they will keep going up. Bitcoin dominance just hit 33.2% from about 67%, if Bitcoin dies and people no longer want it then I can expect a drop to 20% or even lower, if this happens I should hold my altcoins since money will still flow into them. Though I am wondering what other investors on here think about where the market will go from the short term future. Will money unexpectedly flow rapidly back into Bitcoin as people sell? Or will people no longer care about Bitcoin and it dies thus making altcoins grow even more?

Also if an altcoin takes over Bitcoin's 1st place in ranking what can we expect of the Bitcoin price, maybe a massive panic sell off as people lose faith in it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrbnson

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

X-Block.io

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:24:30 PM

Altcoins are having a huge huge bullrun, with massive gains everyday from mid december to now, about a month worth of bullrun. I am thinking when should I sell my altcoins, or if they will keep going up. Bitcoin dominance just hit 33.2% from about 67%, if Bitcoin dies and people no longer want it then I can expect a drop to 20% or even lower, if this happens I should hold my altcoins since money will still flow into them. Though I am wondering what other investors on here think about where the market will go from the short term future. Will money unexpectedly flow rapidly back into Bitcoin as people sell? Or will people no longer care about Bitcoin and it dies thus making altcoins grow even more?

Also if an altcoin takes over Bitcoin's 1st place in ranking what can we expect of the Bitcoin price, maybe a massive panic sell off as people lose faith in it?

The market always follows similar trends where alts boom as bitcoin is stagnant and then the reverse occurs, bitcoin will surge again in the future and alts will suffer as a consequence. It's happened time and time again for a long period.
havoc928

Activity: 379
Merit: 100

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:28:38 PM

ya people stop invest into bitcoin because they see bitcoin weakness. now they know altcoin is better

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (   About us   Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
kapipindot

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:42:53 PM

ya people stop invest into bitcoin because they see bitcoin weakness. now they know altcoin is better

Not really, bitcoin is still the top choice for traders. It is such that, you cannot always choose to hold bitcoin if the alts were doing better. Traders always aim to have more bitcoins as they can (from trading with the pair alts)and then cashout, still using bitcoin. In my country, only bitcoin can be converted into local fiat.
ryjin1007

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:09:31 PM

Well most of the news i've been reading are 2018 is where altcoins where rise and bitcoin will fall but im not betting on that one because bitcoin will always be remain strong
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:47:53 PM

The price of bitcoin is too high and many novice investors prefer other cheaper coins thereby increasing their price. In addition, the altcoins have lower commissions, which will allow them to be used not only as a speculative instrument.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: