Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:13:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the biggest problem with EXCHANGES right now?  (Read 397 times)
nicster551

Activity: 896
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:58:53 PM

What do you think is the biggest problem/what's lacking with current crypto exchanges? There are quite a few of them, they're making hundreds of thousands a day and yet I can't help but notice some things like...

-> Terrible, inexistant support (on most)
-> Verification takes weeks
-> Reliability (uptime) sucks

Personally what I'd like to see most is an exchange with FLAT FEES. Wtf why are all percentage based? With stocks you usually pay like $5-$10 per order. Here you end up paying hundreds if you trade bigger amounts.

So... what's yours?

the verification is not the problem of exchange its from the blockchain and miner.
most is the support and the server lag of the exchange i will be better if the upgrade there server so we can trade smooth.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Partizanai

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:14:04 PM

What do you think is the biggest problem/what's lacking with current crypto exchanges? There are quite a few of them, they're making hundreds of thousands a day and yet I can't help but notice some things like...

Personally what I'd like to see most is an exchange with FLAT FEES. Wtf why are all percentage based? With stocks you usually pay like $5-$10 per order. Here you end up paying hundreds if you trade bigger amounts.

So... what's yours?
for me the biggest issue now is laggy interface, now with a lot of new people trading i feel like my trading window is  delayed and i suffer loses from it
Tavarez

Activity: 700
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:11:40 PM

I am doing all my business on cex.io and it worked great since the January of 2017 but things got worse by the end of 2017 (December) and continued up to the day. Each day site goes off, registration for new user disabled, withdrawals delayed, even had to deposit my visa just to reactivate it. I am considering some other options in recent days.
WatchMaker

Activity: 518
Merit: 104

PUFFY FINANCE

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:24:09 PM

So... what's yours?
Yes, Almost all exchanges work based on percentages these days and people end up paying a large amount of money while exchanging or transferring their money in or out of the exchange. They are making so much money off the people every day and it still appears they don't really like upgrading their services that is why people are encountering problems such as bad customer support, Verification takes weeks, and the uptime sucks.

Swap & Trade Tokens, Enjoy Great Yield & APYs
▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬  PUFFY FINANCE  ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬
▬▬▬JOIN PRIVATE SALE▬▬▬ >>Early Opportunity<<▬▬▬
sebastianpenguen

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:29:43 PM

I am doing all my business on cex.io and it worked great since the January of 2017 but things got worse by the end of 2017 (December) and continued up to the day. Each day site goes off, registration for new user disabled, withdrawals delayed, even had to deposit my visa just to reactivate it. I am considering some other options in recent days.

Cex io is a fast one but the fee rate is high there as far as I know because some of my friends are using it. The problem with the rest, their systems are very slow for day trading. Sometimes getting stuck and it's terrible when you want to sell or buy tokens.
janbrzeski (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:13:18 PM

Cex io is a fast one but the fee rate is high there as far as I know because some of my friends are using it. The problem with the rest, their systems are very slow for day trading. Sometimes getting stuck and it's terrible when you want to sell or buy tokens.

The slow trading sucks, I agree, although that is mainly due to the huge increase in volume lately.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:28:43 PM

Fast executions of orders either buy and sell would be one of the most important thing for me or any other day traders which do really need to be quick on placing or pull outing some trades. I havent tried out cex.io ever though but later i will test it out if it is much faster compared on the current exchange that im using as of now. Interface would really matter and also not to forget support is always should be prioritized by them.

Arkham Knight

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:55:14 AM

For me, it's the maintenance that always get in your way when there's a good opportunity to make an arbitrage. And one more thing is the fees and I think it will increase more and more in the long run.
tech72

Activity: 427

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 08:04:57 AM

Poor Support is the biggest downside. In case there are any issues, reply from support would take forever. We can also balmer high incoming of users for this. The exchanges haven't been able to keep up with this rush of users and even closed new registrations. Let's see if they would improve their staffing before registerations are opened again.

Apart from this I haven't faced any issues on exchanges I am using.

Buying Instagram followers from Zeru.com was a smart move. Real profiles, quick delivery, and an organic boost to my presence. Fantastic service, highly satisfied.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. Bought Instagram followers, and my profile skyrocketed. Genuine engagement, prompt delivery—best investment in my online presence.
Absolutely thrilled with Zeru.com. Purchased Instagram followers, and the results are phenomenal. Authentic growth, reliable service, and exceptional customer support. Highly recommend.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Acquired Instagram followers, and my influence soared. Organic engagement, instant delivery, and excellent customer service. Truly satisfied with the results.
Zeru.com delivered real YouTube subscribers, skyrocketing my channel's success. Trustworthy, efficient, and effective. The best investment for content creators.
Incredible service from Zeru.com. The Instagram likes I purchased were delivered instantly, boosting my online presence. Highly recommended for influencers.
Phenomenal experience with Zeru.com. Bought YouTube views and witnessed instant growth. Authentic engagement, timely delivery, and top-notch customer service. Absolutely satisfied.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Buying Twitter followers from them boosted my online presence. Authenticity, quick delivery, and stellar customer service – a winning combination for social media success.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Facebook likes purchase led to enhanced visibility. Trustworthy, efficient, and a game-changer for anyone aiming to boost social media presence.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Increased my Instagram views instantly. Quality service, quick results, and their team ensures satisfaction. A reliable choice.
Impressed with Zeru.com prompt service and genuine YouTube likes. Increased engagement and visibility have skyrocketed my channel's success. Highly recommend.
Buying Facebook followers from Zeru.com was a game-changer. Authentic profiles, quick delivery, and excellent customer support. Highly recommended for growth. 5/5 Stars rating.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. The TikTok followers I bought were high-quality, instantly elevating my content and giving my profile the attention it deserves.
Zeru.com delivers TikTok likes that matter. Genuine engagement, instant credibility, and a noticeable spike in my video views. An absolute game-changer.
Zeru.com
SocialMediaPanel.com is my trusted partner for social growth. Their SMM Panel, Social Media Panel, delivers authentic social media engagement, boosting my online presence effectively.
Sccit

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:39:11 AM

definitely support on hitbc's end.....i believe theyre a legit exchange, but they need to move quicker. all these complaints they've been getting lately is going to damage their reputation if they don't find staff to handle issues in a more timely manner.

i lost my phone with 2fa ..

binance took care of it in 1 day
bittrex took 2 days
hitbtc has yet to help me going on day 4

it's a shame because when i was referred to hitbtc i was told they were one of the more reputable exchanges....this means they will ruin their own reputation if they don't start moving in the right direction. they have a lot of coins, are convenient for ico's, and have a great interface. they could actually be the best exchange if their support was more accessible.
rickyNmorty

Activity: 451
Merit: 15

Investor

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:54:35 AM

There are so many verifications now and has a low limits. Exchangers can't deal with massive transactions, Slow updates, Lags and delays, and high fees. I can't even buy when i need it the most because of delays and too much time verifying of identities. I hope exchanges will narrow the problems and hopefully they can resolve it.
soname12

Activity: 266
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:59:25 AM

So... what's yours?
I'm thinking you want to be fast and do not waste your time and money. This is impossible because nobody creates a free exchange platform. Verification time means higher credibility, so do not complain about this.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
Jating

Activity: 2912
Merit: 808

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:22:39 AM

There are so many verifications now and has a low limits. Exchangers can't deal with massive transactions, Slow updates, Lags and delays, and high fees. I can't even buy when i need it the most because of delays and too much time verifying of identities. I hope exchanges will narrow the problems and hopefully they can resolve it.

You have to understand where they are coming from. Never would have they thought that their customers based would literally goes to thousands in short amount of time specially when bitcoin is going up. That's why we have this kind of lagging that makes us so frustrated and it a matter of minutes, instead of making tons of money, we ended up losing.

But its no excuse though from their end, they are business and just like any other businesses, they should make their customers happy. They need to upgrade everything from server infrastructure to support because if not for us I'm sure that they won't be making tons of money today because of the crypto world is booming.
TeamUp

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:57:48 AM

We cant really blame the exchange platform now a days, with the sudden explode of crypto currencies, EXCELLENT exchange platform now become in-demand. In Cryptopia information alone, in the whole month of December they hit over 500,000 new user, imagine the stress work load it cause in there system? imagine how many of that new user file ticket? imagine how many employee do exchange have to handle their concern? I really doubt they foreseen that the crypto world will explode now a days (just like how we did not expect that BTC price would reach this high today), i think even them are shock as what is happening and did not prepare for it, either there system or there manpower.  So lets give them time to expand, because it wont do any good to bush them every now and then.

Freezingel

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:04:13 PM

My biggest problem is that the supports of big exchanges take ages to answer your query and help solving your problem. I know that the user increase a lot but they should add more resources to the support. I don't have any problem with verification and fees, I agree that flat fee is better but hey as long as I can trade with a lot of liquidity then it's not a big problem.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀▀▀████▀        ▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
    ███▀         ▀        ▄██▀▀         ▀███
   ███▀                 ▄██▀              ▀▀▀
████████████          ▄██▀
   ███▄             ▄██▀                  ▄▄▄
    ███▄         ▄▄██▀        ▄         ▄███
     ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀        ▄████▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀█████▀▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀██████▀▀
                  ▀▀▀█████▀▀
Ethernity CLOUD
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████     ████     ██
██     ████     ██████████     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
germa66

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:38:33 PM

the problems in some of the most boring exchanges are in support services, when some people have problems sometimes they are very slow to respond, and also the high cost of withdrawal.

Kingigolo

Activity: 111

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 02:24:37 PM

Many are just crashing these days. Coinsmarkets, stocks.exchange.. I believe an influx of users is the major cause. They should fix it. Made a transfer on stocks.exchange yet to be credited. Have issues with deposits and withdrawals right now. 24 hours temporary freeze.
janbrzeski (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:27:29 PM

Many are just crashing these days. Coinsmarkets, stocks.exchange.. I believe an influx of users is the major cause. They should fix it. Made a transfer on stocks.exchange yet to be credited. Have issues with deposits and withdrawals right now. 24 hours temporary freeze.

Yeah its the huuuge increase in users and trading, that's quite understandable, it's hard to prepare for that.

But what about the other problems? There should be exchanges with good support, flat fees etc. it seems the whole market is just soooooooooo similar, only differentiating factor is 0.1 fee vs 0.2 fee lol

Not to mention professional, big 4 accounting firms should be auditing these huge companies
hisuka

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:47:28 PM

the problems in some of the most boring exchanges are in support services, when some people have problems sometimes they are very slow to respond, and also the high cost of withdrawal.
That is always the problem exists in an exchange too slow to response from the support when their is a problem. But the most that we are sufferring is take long to process sometimes the withdrawal. And, the lag of exchange sites maybe too many users are also active. With these lists hope they will resolved the issues.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:22:52 PM

I would be a happy camper if those exchanges have a live support that will answer you right away 24/7. If banks can do it, why not exchanges? I believe they are handling big transactions too that needs immediate attention. They should have a responsive customer support.

There's also an increase of new registrations lately and it pushed the exchanges to halt new registrations and for me that's a good move but they should have anticipated that from the beginning if they really plan to go big in this kind of business.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: