Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:31:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the biggest problem with EXCHANGES right now?  (Read 397 times)
janbrzeski (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:36:30 AM

I would be a happy camper if those exchanges have a live support that will answer you right away 24/7. If banks can do it, why not exchanges? I believe they are handling big transactions too that needs immediate attention. They should have a responsive customer support.

There's also an increase of new registrations lately and it pushed the exchanges to halt new registrations and for me that's a good move but they should have anticipated that from the beginning if they really plan to go big in this kind of business.

True, especially that the support queries are usually fairly simple - "where is my withdrawal" "can you check on my verification documents" etc. This can be done with people trained in 1-2 days

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1222

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 09:44:53 AM

I would be a happy camper if those exchanges have a live support that will answer you right away 24/7. If banks can do it, why not exchanges? I believe they are handling big transactions too that needs immediate attention. They should have a responsive customer support.

There's also an increase of new registrations lately and it pushed the exchanges to halt new registrations and for me that's a good move but they should have anticipated that from the beginning if they really plan to go big in this kind of business.

True, especially that the support queries are usually fairly simple - "where is my withdrawal" "can you check on my verification documents" etc. This can be done with people trained in 1-2 days

I guess the reason that live chat is not available on exchanges is because there are simply too many people who are trading there and on top of it there are so many noobs who dont even know how to deposit money into exchanges and even end up depositing BCH to BTC and then calling the exchange scam.

The live support will only get bombarded by such questions and not legitimate queries - however even these queries are legit to some extent but there are other ways to prevent them too. KYC takes time and sometimes it may take upto 1month.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Babebottle

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:30:59 AM

The withdraw problem i think, if you cannot withdraw your funds, then there is no need to trade on that exchange.
crypt0heaven

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:39:33 AM

What do you think is the biggest problem/what's lacking with current crypto exchanges? There are quite a few of them, they're making hundreds of thousands a day and yet I can't help but notice some things like...

-> Terrible, inexistant support (on most)
-> Verification takes weeks
-> Reliability (uptime) sucks

Personally what I'd like to see most is an exchange with FLAT FEES. Wtf why are all percentage based? With stocks you usually pay like $5-$10 per order. Here you end up paying hundreds if you trade bigger amounts.

So... what's yours?

Exchanges simply cannot handle the traffic atm. They are also absolutely terrible at customer support. It just shows that the entire way people handle crypto is still in its infancy.
Darmanin

Activity: 119

Glab Trotter

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:29:20 PM

the thing I do not understand is that we trade currencies decentralize on  centralized exchanges ...
atulvatsa

Activity: 75

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 02:49:37 PM

If you want the best exchange experience then please visit www.coinswitch.co

You can buy 100+ cryptocurrencies at best rates from there. https://coins.newbium.com/post/8967-coinswitch-co-the-first-cryptocurrency-and-altco

Buy more than 100 cryptocurrencies at best rates from CoinSwitch. Visit https://www.coinswitch.co
IgniHash

Activity: 224

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:55:48 PM

What do you think is the biggest problem/what's lacking with current crypto exchanges? There are quite a few of them, they're making hundreds of thousands a day and yet I can't help but notice some things like...

Personally what I'd like to see most is an exchange with FLAT FEES. Wtf why are all percentage based? With stocks you usually pay like $5-$10 per order. Here you end up paying hundreds if you trade bigger amounts.

So... what's yours?

There are many problem with some exchanges right now. Especially with the security issues. So here are my list:

1) Too much maintenance activity
2) Too lagging and sometime return to 404 error page
3. Withdrawal / Deposit transaction time, sometimes take a long time that activity will be processed.

Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:22:22 PM

1) Poor support giving no answers
2)Asking for photo ID
3)Wanting Google 2FA even when it is not possible on a laptop.

Interesting, yeah 2FA is annoying! I got like 20 now on my phone and lovely bittrex asks for it every damn time... with no other backup way of logging in

However I cant really see what they could replace that with
You cant help it they are just tightening their security so no excuses allowed if they are hacked and it would be difficult to hacked if every users has 2FA.
Aint you down playing the fact that the hacking and scamming so far at exchanges have always had an insider, so that all those security measures are only as good as an exchange let them be. Looking back, I am afraid exchanges are and would remain the worse place to leave some significant amount of money better and unlike banks, their are hardly physical locations to turn to just in case.
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:57:01 PM

So... what's yours?
For now i would go for Support thing which people do really need this thing which exchanges should really be responsive on any tickets from users because people would really like to have a responsive support-(including me) but on the current situation most of them do have poor support or doesnt really respond at all.

FLAT FEES? Its not possible. They are doing business on here which means any orders would have a corresponding %/order.
I think the major problem with today's cryptocurrency exchanges is the up-time. People no longer have the guarantee if any of the major would work tomorrow or not. Whenever you are going to the exchange the only guarantee you have is when you type the domain name and see it is working that is the only guarantee. There is no doubt, if any of the exchanges went down today or tomorrow for that matter. I even heard the Kraken is down for about 48 hours now without any good information about what is really happening.
tushkanych

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:04:42 PM

After the recent closure of the stock exchanges and hacker attacks on them. I'm just afraid to make money. And even more so to put a long-term orders. Don't know whether you go tomorrow or not.
b3llsf1l3s

Activity: 616
Merit: 12

Send&Receive Money Instantly, w/ no hidden costs

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 05:29:11 PM

one of the concerns about the current exchange is about its safety. security should be a top priority on an exchange, because the exchange holds a lot of assets of its users. may be some exchange does require to provide features an account with level of verification.

surfinonmyownwavebaby

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

Decentralized Ecosystem for User-Generated Content

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:43:08 PM

I can't say the support thing pisses me off too much because they got a bunch of users real quick that would happen to any business. What gets me is that each websites sets their own fee pricing, I don't understand why it cant be uniform across the board. I do however like the fact it is a % instead of a round number as this helps the little guy get skin in the game.

R E O S         [   A BLOCKCHAIN-BASED ECOSYSTEM FOR USER-GENERATED CONTENT   ]     JOIN NOW!
Introducing REOSchain™   |  The blockchain that digs out the true value of social media content

WHITEPAPER                    TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                     LINKEDIN                     GITHUB
janbrzeski (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:43:48 PM

one of the concerns about the current exchange is about its safety. security should be a top priority on an exchange, because the exchange holds a lot of assets of its users. may be some exchange does require to provide features an account with level of verification.

Thats true. Unfortunately a lot of the current exchanges including the largest ones are unregulated and with 'average' security at best.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: