Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:05:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what is the best mining hardware for 1000 us dollars  (Read 9016 times)
walidzohair (OP)

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 03:26:51 PM

The topic says it all/ I am an old returning miner. Had 2 HD 6970 and 4 HD 6950 on three machines.

They have been there for since 2009.all in all good investment with its ups and downs.but wondering what's best hardware now
For 1000 $  or basic miners or basic mining shares ?

Considering the HD cards are available in local market and I guess can be sold for fifth the price when used

pacojones

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 03:52:49 PM

You will likely receive a number of replies to this question - the bottom line is it depends on what you want to achieve...  I'd highly suggest using the mining calculator on thegenesisblock site to help determine future difficulty and ROI if that's what your going for - if your interested in this as a hobby and you just want to run a few miners and don't care about your return then it doesn't matter so much...

Here's MY view of what's happening in the market - take it for what it's worth, I have no stake in any of these operations:
 - BFL is the most expensive per GH but they are shipping (albeit very slowly) and you could pick up 4 5gh miners for $1000 - total hashing power of 20GH which in a few months won't be worth much and you'll likely be waiting about 6 months or more to get the hardware.
- KNC has a device for $2000 but they don't have any "solid" proof that they are going to meet their October shipping target date.
- megabigpower starts at $1300 and by all speculation appears to be a strong option
- asic sticks start at $60 for 300M and probably won't pay for themselves (however they have a sale going right now so you may see ebay flooded with sub $50 sticks which makes them a better deal).
- There are a lot of mining pool options out there but you have to be very cautious because many of them are scams.  Lab rat mining appears to have very good feedback and is available on bitfunder.

Bottom line - the difficulty is going to be rising very quickly and the lower hash power devices ($1000 range) won't make 'money' but they can be fun to run as a hobby.

walidzohair (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 11:43:35 PM

wow that is very aggressive!

he have not even mentioned any GPUs!

umm what about shares in ASIC companies ?

ummm (make any money/low power miners/1000$) I believe your opinion is very subjective (not going to say aggressive). for me, if I keep getting like 10% of capital as monthly revenue (maybe 5-8% as profit) for the next couple or three years then that is a very good investment!

I dunno why i felt like you are talking doom day! tera, peta, exa, zeta! no .. no .. YOTTA hashes are added in the market every day ... no .. no .. every femto second! we are surrounded with hashes from every where sier! (or princess or whatever) ... then the the star wars episode 1024 goes in (maybe again back to London)!

yes hardware race is already on, just like what we had in the PC/laptop market (i am not sure if you have lived that era - like ancient people as myself - since it is all the mobile/tablet era now) and ended up with hardware 4 times the whole world would need and all the hardware racing companies are loosing or at bankruptcy edge!

if home miners are out of business i believe BTC will be out of interest too because we will be back to square zero of a centralized (or semi-centralized) and manipulated value holder units (currency).

farther more, we all know bitcoin should be approached as a hobby (yes even when we are talking business) because its value depends mainly and only in how much we believe in it.

But the point is, in any case, it would be very wrong to look for aggressive -get-rich-fast scam or pattern and i was not asking for that!
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 12:42:52 AM

The topic says it all/ I am an old returning miner. Had 2 HD 6970 and 4 HD 6950 on three machines.

They have been there for since 2009.all in all good investment with its ups and downs.but wondering what's best hardware now

Considering the HD cards are available in local market and I guess can be sold for fifth the price when used

nothing right now

if you think the price is going to go up, then you should just buy bitcoins at market rate

people are paying about 5x value for ASIC stuff still
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:42:57 AM

$1,000?

BFL: Will get you about 3 upgraded or 4 non-upgraded Jalapenos, or 20-211GH/s. You'll get them in 3-4 months? Maybe?
Avalon: You could order some K16 units. You could prolly get 4 of them, for ~18GH/s. Delivery in 2-3 months?
KNC: No miners for $1,000, but their $2,000 is 100GH/s. Actually with shipping it's closer to $2500. Delivery unknown?
BitFury: Starter kit is 25GH/s for $1300. Claimed October delivery, so 2-3 months. Advantage to this is you can buy add-on cards that add another 25GH/s for $500. You can add up to 20 of these boards, for a total of 400GH/s. This is the most expandable option out there. BitFury is also the most power efficient, so they're looking like a sweet deal.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:48:55 AM

$1,000?

BFL: Will get you about 3 upgraded or 4 non-upgraded Jalapenos, or 20-211GH/s. You'll get them in 3-4 months? Maybe?
Avalon: You could order some K16 units. You could prolly get 4 of them, for ~18GH/s. Delivery in 2-3 months?
KNC: No miners for $1,000, but their $2,000 is 100GH/s. Actually with shipping it's closer to $2500. Delivery unknown?
BitFury: Starter kit is 25GH/s for $1300. Claimed October delivery, so 2-3 months. Advantage to this is you can buy add-on cards that add another 25GH/s for $500. You can add up to 20 of these boards, for a total of 400GH/s. This is the most expandable option out there. BitFury is also the most power efficient, so they're looking like a sweet deal.

Minor correction. 16 * 25 = 400. You can add up to 15 additional H boards(starter kit comes with one) to reach 400Gh/s.

crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:26:08 AM

$1,000?

Minor correction. 16 * 25 = 400. You can add up to 15 additional H boards(starter kit comes with one) to reach 400Gh/s.

Herpy Derp. Yes, you are correct. My mistake.

atariguy

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 07:29:24 PM

But the only hardware that doesn't cost more to run than it brings in and is available TODAY would be the USB Block Eruptors.
crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 08:05:44 PM

But the only hardware that doesn't cost more to run than it brings in and is available TODAY would be the USB Block Eruptors.
Maybe if you can get them for 0.15BTC. 0.45BTC is still way too high to make anything off of them, which is the reason I did not count those.

atariguy

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 08:11:19 PM

So you have the choice of buying something you can actually get that may not ever pay for itself, or buy something that you'll be waiting several months for (at best) that may also never pay for itself.  Tongue
crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 08:48:16 PM

So you have the choice of buying something you can actually get that may not ever pay for itself, or buy something that you'll be waiting several months for (at best) that may also never pay for itself.  Tongue
Now you're getting it!

zvs
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 12:10:51 AM

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8078201&CatId=7387

invest in that, you can pretend like you're using it for mining and just resell it on ebay instead
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 02:04:09 AM

The only option for a HOBBY MINER is going to be Scrypt mining soon enough.

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 03:52:34 AM

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8078201&CatId=7387

invest in that, you can pretend like you're using it for mining and just resell it on ebay instead
I would never recommend mining on any GPU that had a non-ref cooler that only had one fan. You're just asking to melt that sucker.

alnoor1231

Activity: 276
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 04:11:58 AM

So anyone selling bulk usb block erupters for cheap? Smiley
zvs
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 05:40:18 AM

I would never recommend mining on any GPU that had a non-ref cooler that only had one fan. You're just asking to melt that sucker.

hmm, I have on a lot.  I guess it would be a bit tougher if you're going litecoins and can't drop the memory to 120-160..    but even in 100oF ambient, none of my cards ever went over 80o.  they're rated for 95oC, the 79xx anyway
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 06:20:26 PM

I'd look at used Jalapeno or Blade.

walidzohair (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 11:48:49 AM

So the bottom line is go away miners stop stacking hardware and think about buying some bitcoins Instead ? Because

- mining power as of today , and going up exponentially, are at least 100 times the demand for the BTCs ?(supply)
- daily add ups of actual and planned additional compete-against-each-other giga hashes (supply),
- crazy 5x-actual-value investments are being added to the hardware (supply) with nothing in the horizon for the demand,
- daily added governmental restrictions and sniff in regulations over trading and exchanging to cut off the original attractiveness  of BTC idea, (demand)
- ....... .

I am not sure of the numbers but do we have actually a sum up of total investments in dedicated hardware that is three times the total market cap of BTC itself ?

OtaconEmmerich

Activity: 235

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 04:05:21 PM

You can make a profit on the AM Eruptors at .45 It's just a year plus ROI, not some quick 3-6 month thing. It's not easy to make a quick profit unless you plan on reselling hardware. Sadly that's the ONLY option right now till they announce the prices for the new Eruptor Blades in a few days.
walidzohair (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 06:39:43 PM

ummm after some research I believe the answer is two words Scrypt! (yes two words)  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: