Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:17:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what is the best mining hardware for 1000 us dollars  (Read 9014 times)
walidzohair (OP)

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 11:27:46 PM

So,basically for BTC you guys suggesting the USB miners in bulk/ like 100  piece instead of the unsure other basic options ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 12:04:09 AM

I would buy $1000 USD\LTC @ the moment  ~($2.28  thats cheap and very underpriced)  and sit on them for the UNICORN release of ltc on gox

ASICS -- dont touch any of it for at least 3 months and then u will see the real prices that you should be paying

SO the the answer is wait and buy ltc...i know its boring .....i just want my sweet sweet ASICS !!!! ...sorry boring is the un-emotional smart money move  Cool

OBJECT NOT FOUND
walidzohair (OP)

Activity: 184

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 11:48:16 AM

I would buy $1000 USD\LTC @ the moment  ~($2.28  thats cheap and very underpriced)  and sit on them for the UNICORN release of ltc on gox

ASICS -- dont touch any of it for at least 3 months and then u will see the real prices that you should be paying

SO the the answer is wait and buy ltc...i know its boring .....i just want my sweet sweet ASICS !!!! ...sorry boring is the un-emotional smart money move  Cool

looks like the smart answer!

umm but I am a techie guy, I mine! if no place for me i switch off machines and sleep or go whatever else i wonna do!

it is a good thing that  i have to admit i am not a spectulator and i do not have the stock sense.
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 07:10:19 PM

So,basically for BTC you guys suggesting the USB miners in bulk/ like 100  piece instead of the unsure other basic options ?
hell no

if i was mining BTC, I wouldn't buy anything.  if you insist on buying something though, you should buy 7790's or 7950's.  there have been 7950's for under $200 in the last 2 weeks or so.  i'm thinking they're a better buy than the 7790's now.

why?  because the USB crap will lose its value fast, and it's good for nothing but bitcoin mining.  while your video cards will basically mine two things (jack and shit), at least you can resell them for a good percentage of their original purchase price
alnoor1231

Activity: 276
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 07:37:58 PM

hell no

if i was mining BTC, I wouldn't buy anything.  if you insist on buying something though, you should buy 7790's or 7950's.  there have been 7950's for under $200 in the last 2 weeks or so.  i'm thinking they're a better buy than the 7790's now.

why?  because the USB crap will lose its value fast, and it's good for nothing but bitcoin mining.  while your video cards will basically mine two things (jack and shit), at least you can resell them for a good percentage of their original purchase price

Correction, USB miners can mine anything with SHA-256 algorithm. So, it`s not just for mining bitcoins, but also for alts. I say mine alts and just sit on em for a bit.
tstang

Activity: 178

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 11:06:55 PM

Personally, at $1000, forget about mining Bitcoin as their difficulty shooting up the roof, especially the USB and payback is more than ONE year at CURRENT difficulty. Imagine in 6 months time when even more ASIC is released into the market.

Best BET is buy some coins, maybe Litecoin cos it's cheap and predicted to go up.

But IF you must go into Mining, scrypt mining is the best bet. Maybe Litecoin or some other Alternate currencies.
CoolIT

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 03:48:30 PM

Use your existing hardware to mine litecoins and exchange them at btc-e

You can make an extra machine with 7950's.

I would recommend just mining litecoins to exchange them and once ASIC's are common and ship within weeks, only then get yourself an ASIC.
zvs
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 04:10:08 PM

Use your existing hardware to mine litecoins and exchange them at btc-e

You can make an extra machine with 7950's.

I would recommend just mining litecoins to exchange them and once ASIC's are common and ship within weeks, only then get yourself an ASIC.
Eh, isn't 2000khash on litecoin a whole $150-$200/mo?
NiteShdw

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 05:40:39 PM

For $1000, wouldn't the best bet to invest in ASICMiner or one of the other IPOs?  Check the Securities forum.  For a small amount of money, I think buying shares in a mining pool is a better way to go than buying your own hardware as there isn't really anything in that price range.  If you had $2k to $10k, then I'd say buy some hardware.
GodHatesFigs

Activity: 557
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 11:17:38 AM

Best bet right now is just to buy $1000 worth of BTC over a few weeks - much less risk and probably better ROI than buying hardware atm.
oddree

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 12:52:58 AM

I came here to get answers and chew bubble gum.  And well, I do have this gum to chew.

But seriously, there are some great suggestions here. 

I am one of those suckers who spent around $60 each for ASIC block erupters.  Just got 3 of them last week.  It ended up costing about $185 total, which I put on a PayPal BillMeLater account.  Everyone told me how stupid I was, but if my math holds up these things will *just barely* pay for themselves in time for me to pay the PayPal bill off and not owe any financing (6 months same as cash deal).  And then what?  They might make a few bucks a month?  Oh well.  It's still a few bucks a month.

I had this idea that I would start mining other coins and then sell those coins for BTC.  But all the coins seem to be going the way of scrypt, and I didn't realize at the time that my little USB ASIC's were worthless for mining scrypt.  Oh well.  Lesson learned.

Still, at the moment I am doing well mining Primecoin.  But I too would like to buy some better hardware for mining.  Still seems like video cards are the best bet for what you can buy RIGHT NOW, and as others have stated you can sell them on eBay to a gamer when you are done beating them up and they have stopped making you money.

DISCLAIMER: Electricity and cooling does not apply in my situation and does not factor into my expense VS rewards.  :-)
atariguy

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 06:53:44 PM

I shut my GPU miner down after my wife saw the power bill. I'm getting ready to put the video cards on ebay, but I'm seeing that the price is dropping even brand new. I was hoping to sell a 7950 for $225, and Amazon currently has that exact card for $225 after rebate.

I'm now running 4 USB miners on a Raspberry Pi. It's bringing in about $2 a day. I do expect them to pay for themselves, but it will take a while. Meanwhile, I started doing solo mining on Primecoin last week, and was pulling in $10 a day per machine. But that was short lived. Now I'm lucky to bring that in between several machines doing pooled mining.

So mining for a profit really isn't working out, but it's still a fun hobby. Smiley
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 07:13:13 PM

nine point whatever bitcoins

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 08:29:28 PM

ASICMINER Blades or Jalapenos in the Auction section if you can get them ASAP. Or just buy BTC.
zvs
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 03:05:36 AM

ASICMINER Blades or Jalapenos in the Auction section if you can get them ASAP. Or just buy BTC.

ppl will pay too much for them

you'd be better off buying GPUs in the auction section then selling them on ebay
Moogle

Activity: 238

KUPO!

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 01:45:10 PM

Pool money together with other people to buy shares in a larger ASIC minger. But this might mean you don't get the machine yourself. If its something your are wanting to see an be proud to look at then buying erupters in bull may be your best bet

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 04:50:27 AM

let's see, for $1000 you could get maybe 30 max, 10 g/hash.

At current rates (or last I checked) that would produce one bitcoin every 6 days, so IF THAT STAYED CONSTANT you'd get 15 btc in 90 days.

But it isn't going to stay constant, so the return might be half or 7.5 btc...
zvs
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 07:49:36 AM

So,basically for BTC you guys suggesting the USB miners in bulk/ like 100  piece instead of the unsure other basic options ?

At current rates (or last I checked) that would produce one bitcoin every 6 days, so IF THAT STAYED CONSTANT you'd get 15 btc in 90 days.

well, we all know it won't stay constant

it's going to go up another 20-30% here in a week or less

plus you're not including any costs incurred to run the things (or equipment failure), and if it's something you're doing for profit rather than a "hobby", the value you place on your time

i have not seen an ASIC w/ a price that is worth buying or even taking a risk on (ala avalon 1 and avalon 2) in a long time
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 01:50:54 PM

So,basically for BTC you guys suggesting the USB miners in bulk/ like 100  piece instead of the unsure other basic options ?

well, we all know it won't stay constant

it's going to go up another 20-30% here in a week or less

plus you're not including any costs incurred to run the things (or equipment failure), and if it's something you're doing for profit rather than a "hobby", the value you place on your time

i have not seen an ASIC w/ a price that is worth buying or even taking a risk on (ala avalon 1 and avalon 2) in a long time
Agreed more or less.  But I think it's 100% certain that the argument that GPU cards are the 'only way to go' because you can resell them for a large percentage of cost is completely wrong.  The hash rates are simply ridiculously low and the hassles and maintenance fairly high.  There is no way to approach 1/3 the production of even USB Eruptors and those are poor in production.
polarhei

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Firing it up

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:07:50 AM

There is no 1000 dollar rig even you have much space. Let me share you one thing. How the 40 meter square can do the most? For me, Only mineral oil (or vegetable oil) or water can do the thing.

In my solution, This should be raised to 2,000 for accoustic control and high performance.

If you don't care, Malta variance(including ares 2 or powercolor demonic one) may be the solution for your current rig.

However the rig is not designed for SHA-2, it is designed for scrypt mining. It looks like the scrypt is more reasonable for as there is no scams at a moment.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: