Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 02:04:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: enlightened me on centralized or decentralized coins  (Read 69 times)
toddfw2003 (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:35:15 PM

Its seems that people that are true to decentralized coins really hate ripples and stay clear of them.  Maybe I am missing the point here.  What does it matter?  Im here to make money.  That it.  Why should I care who is centralized and who is not.  Hypothetically if ripple goes up to 100 dollars and I bought 20,000 of them when they were 10 cents a piece wouldnt my cashout be the same regardless if they are centralized or decentralized
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:51:41 PM

Its seems that people that are true to decentralized coins really hate ripples and stay clear of them.  Maybe I am missing the point here.  What does it matter?  Im here to make money.  That it.  Why should I care who is centralized and who is not.  Hypothetically if ripple goes up to 100 dollars and I bought 20,000 of them when they were 10 cents a piece wouldnt my cashout be the same regardless if they are centralized or decentralized

Because you are only interested in making more $$$$. Bitcoin is bigger than fiat, it's the only coin that could survive a government attack, the only one that would skyrocket when fiat crashes and so on.

"Cashing out" only means you are losing money in the long term:

So you are cashing out in a coin that keeps crashing vs holding a coin that keeps going up (Bitcoin).

If you only care about making a quick dollar buck then do gambling with any shitcoin you want, but the point of Bitcoin is not to buy and sell it for more dollars. Bitcoin has value because it is decentralized, if it was centralized it would be worthless.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: