Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:38:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How your taxes are spent...  (Read 8086 times)
AyeYo

Activity: 154
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 02:44:39 AM

No one asked you to justify why people should think stealing is wrong. 

Again again again again again, you were asked to justify why your beliefs should be followed even if it brings the end of the world.

Enjoying the dose of reality or getting a laugh out of my posts? Feel free to toss me a penny or two, everyone else seems to be doing it! 1Kn8NqvbCC83zpvBsKMtu4sjso5PjrQEu1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2011, 02:48:17 AM
Last edit: July 11, 2011, 03:02:28 AM by myrkul

No one asked you to justify why people should think stealing is wrong. 

Again again again again again, you were asked to justify why your beliefs should be followed even if it brings the end of the world.
Fiat justitia ruat caelum

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2011, 02:56:50 AM

I said "regardless of consequences". That would include the end of the world.

Like I said (several times now), I can't justify why people should think stealing is wrong, regardless of consequences, anymore than I can justify why people should think blue is a pretty color. You either agree with me or you don't.

Work on your reading comprehension.
AyeYo

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 12:51:52 PM

I said "regardless of consequences". That would include the end of the world.

Like I said (several times now), I can't justify why people should think stealing is wrong, regardless of consequences, anymore than I can justify why people should think blue is a pretty color. You either agree with me or you don't.

Work on your reading comprehension.

No kidding, that's the same as your original statement.  Now you just need to explain WHY.

Enjoying the dose of reality or getting a laugh out of my posts? Feel free to toss me a penny or two, everyone else seems to be doing it! 1Kn8NqvbCC83zpvBsKMtu4sjso5PjrQEu1
opticbit

Activity: 695
Merit: 502

PGP: 6EBEBCE1E0507C38

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2011, 01:28:25 AM

you left out the part where they use Nuts Bolts and Wrenches that will break once a year and can only be bought from MR. NY's buddy in Boston.

Bitrated user: opticbit.
https://www.bitrated.com/opticbit
NghtRppr

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2011, 01:50:53 AM

you left out the part where they use Nuts Bolts and Wrenches that will break once a year and can only be bought from MR. NY's buddy in Boston.

And for some idiotic reason you keep buying them.

If you stop buying crap, they'll stop making crap.
AyeYo

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 01:53:23 AM

And for some idiotic reason you keep buying them.

If you stop buying crap, they'll stop making crap.

Yea that's easy, I'll just stop buying cars and ride my bike 40 miles to work... oh wait...

NghtRppr

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2011, 01:56:02 AM

Yea that's easy, I'll just stop buying cars and ride my bike 40 miles to work... oh wait...

"Oh wait... my inflated sense of entitlement has deluded me into thinking that I deserve whatever I want at whatever price I want."

The world does not owe you a living.
AyeYo

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 02:33:21 AM

"Oh wait... my inflated sense of entitlement has deluded me into thinking that I deserve whatever I want at whatever price I want."

The world does not owe you a living.

No no no, see, it doesn't work like that.  You can't nonchalantly, condescendingly even, tell someone to "stop buying crap" as if living without said crap is of no consequence, then when they point out that not "buying crap" isn't a realistic option, turn around and tell them tough shit, no one owes you anything.  That just invalidated your theory that the making of crap is easily stopped by people not buying crap.  If not buying crap is going to create life hardship, people are going to keep buying crap and crap will keep getting made, because when the alternative to a crap car designed to break down all the time is spending five hours per day biking to work, I don't really have a choice.

ascent

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 02:40:28 AM

No no no, see, it doesn't work like that.  You can't nonchalantly, condescendingly even, tell someone to "stop buying crap" as if living without said crap is of no consequence, then when they point out that not "buying crap" isn't a realistic option, turn around and tell them tough shit, no one owes you anything.  That just invalidated your theory that the making of crap is easily stopped by people not buying crap.  If not buying crap is going to create life hardship, people are going to keep buying crap and crap will keep getting made, because when the alternative to a crap car designed to break down all the time is spending five hours per day biking to work, I don't really have a choice.

He will argue that you made the crap choice to select being employed 40 miles away, when clearly you should have chosen to work across the street from your home. Of course this doesn't account for the possibility of knife wielding jugglers you may encounter in your daily activities, but if in fact you did encounter a knife wielding juggler during your day's activities, clearly, you made a crap choice that led to that encounter.
NghtRppr

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2011, 03:06:02 AM

That just invalidated your theory that the making of crap is easily stopped by people not buying crap.

No it didn't. Stop buying crap and people will stop making it. The fact you're too lazy or unintelligent to stop buying it doesn't invalidate that theory at all. Get a new job. Start a business. Start walking. Telecommute. There are a myriad of options but even if there weren't, nobody owes you anything. Curl up and die if that's your only option. You won't be missed.
AyeYo

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 03:10:23 AM

He will argue that you made the crap choice to select being employed 40 miles away, when clearly you should have chosen to work across the street from your home. Of course this doesn't account for the possibility of knife wielding jugglers you may encounter in your daily activities, but if in fact you did encounter a knife wielding juggler during your day's activities, clearly, you made a crap choice that led to that encounter.

Of course.  I'll just limit my job options to what's within walking distance of my house.  Why didn't I think of that brilliant idea myself?  That's just a genius idea that I can't see how a society full of people forced to work within feet of their own homes could NOT prosper.

/sarcasm

myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2011, 03:12:29 AM

That just invalidated your theory that the making of crap is easily stopped by people not buying crap.

No it didn't. Stop buying crap and people will stop making it. The fact you're too lazy or unintelligent to stop buying it doesn't invalidate that theory at all. Get a new job. Start a business. Start walking. Telecommute. There are a myriad of options but even if there weren't, nobody owes you anything. Curl up and die if that's your only option. You won't be missed.

A-men.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
NghtRppr

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2011, 03:14:50 AM

That's just a genius idea that I can't see how a society full of people forced to work within feet of their own homes could NOT prosper.

Yes, because nobody would ever start making quality products if everyone refused to buy crap.

/sarcasm

That's also not the only option I listed but I guess you can't process all that information at once.
AyeYo

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 03:20:06 AM

That's just a genius idea that I can't see how a society full of people forced to work within feet of their own homes could NOT prosper.

Yes, because nobody would ever start making quality products if everyone refused to buy crap.

/sarcasm

Strawman.  This is not the argument.  I never disagreed with this point.

For your review, the argument is that not buying crap is easier said than done, the opportunity cost is often too high, and sometimes is flat out impossible.

NghtRppr

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2011, 03:23:16 AM

For your review, the argument is that not buying crap is easier said than done, the opportunity cost is often too high, and sometimes is flat out impossible.

Stop buying junk and someone will fill the gap in demand. If nobody can fill that gap then you're already getting the best quality/price possible and should probably stop whining since nobody can do any better.
AyeYo

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 03:25:02 AM

Stop buying junk and someone will fill the gap in demand. If nobody can fill that gap then you're already getting the best quality/price possible and should probably stop whining since nobody can do any better.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2011, 03:26:50 AM

Cry moar.

ascent

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 03:31:16 AM

There is not collective unity on the part of citizens to not buy crap. It's almost as if you think that the manufacturing of crap will stop.
opticbit

Activity: 695
Merit: 502

PGP: 6EBEBCE1E0507C38

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2011, 03:59:35 AM

seems like some did not understand completely.

The nuts and bolds are not prone to failure due to being poorly made, Built to tight tolerences and designed to fail.  When they do fail, you have to use use a proprietary tool, that is built to fail, and is priced artificially high.
I have been stuck using one of these tools.

At the wrong time the failure of some of these tools can cause a delay costing Millions of dollars. all to make a few thousand extra profit.

Bitrated user: opticbit.
https://www.bitrated.com/opticbit
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: