Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:48:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will China ban the bitcoin mining in the near future?  (Read 117 times)
PRDAEcontact (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:15:17 PM

" The People's Bank of China has put to rest a rumor that it would order a domestic shutdown of bitcoin mining activities, according to a local media outlet."

"It is said that China's central bank did not host any meetings to discuss a policy requiring the closure of bitcoin mining operations in the country by a certain deadline. "

Thus, will China ban the bitcoin mining in the near future?
smartcomet

Activity: 236
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:27:24 AM

Ming pools are  geese that laid the golden Eggs,  so i guess China will not.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:14:59 AM

Not likely. They have no incentive to do so. Miners earn a lot, and I'm guessing they help bring foreign money in. China wants money to stop flowing out, not in. I don't like that China has majority of Bitcoin's hashrate, but I think they would be stupid to put an end to mining.

Despite all these people saying that China has an axe to grind with Bitcoin, I don't buy it. They have a problem in their hands with capital outflows, so they're simply plugging holes to address that problem. ICOs and exchanges let foreigners take money from the Chinese and they don't want that. If they didn't like Bitcoin, they would simply ban it just as they did Facebook, etc.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: