Bitcoin Forum
August 24, 2024, 10:23:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: #RacistVan  (Read 5339 times)
alephi

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 08:39:38 PM

There are some strange arguments here...

Individuals are absolutely responsible for their own "social problems and difficulties integrating with modern society."  Duh.  Only collectivists (IE authoritarians) believe otherwise.

For many cultures "Modern Society" is the collective and attempts to retain their own culture, land and individual freedoms have been met with repression, violence and slaughter.  Permitting them to retain their ancestral rights and cultures is not collectivism or authoritarianism, it is exactly the opposite.  Stating that they are responsible for the actions of invaders and the destruction of their society and culture is not terribly rational and suggests that all peoples should submit to this supposedly superior modern culture or suffer the consequences.  That is authoritarian.
For example, the Iraqis or the Hawaiians should have been overjoyed and grateful to have the Americans "take over".

Many individual Abbos and Indians do just fine, including many in my own family.  Fuck you for ethnic stereotyping and painting cultural caricatures with your broad brush.  Also fuck you for leaving the (white) Irish off your list of poor helpless oppressed (brown) peoples.   What a bigoted POS you are!

I offered just two indigenous peoples as examples because the list is extremely lengthy and the majority is white against black or brown.  Perhaps some of the predominantly brown/black that were not slaughtered or caught diseases from the predominantly white invaders are doing ok, but the evidence is that many are not.  Except of course the Abbos (Indigenous Australians) and Indians (Indigenous Americans), and possibly (Southern?) Irish doing just fine in your own family.

As to boorish Britons behaving badly, notice that happens during leisure time.  Then they go back to work, like normal, decent human beings all over the world.  Fuck you for conflating some occasional well earned fun with multi-generational criminality and permanent cultural antipathy towards education and productivity.

So it's OK to behave appallingly at specific times as long as they fall within your criteria of working, normal, decent human beings all over the world who should embrace your idea of Culture and Education?  There's the narrow collectivist perspective again.  

I've had the great fortune to live within many different cultures and societies and I have had the misfortune to observe my own countrymen and others behave disgracefully from those perspectives.  That's not a bigoted elitist mindset.  It's one of many alternative views.

As to The Sun and Fox News, literate people may choose to be entertained and spend their money as they desire.
Fuck your humorless elitist snobbery and antipathy to free markets meeting the demand for harmless pop culture and silly sensationalism.  Gormless Gypsies lack the basic literacy and political awareness necessary to appreciate The Sun or Fox News.

The Sun, Fox News and other localised versions of this trivial garbage are not aimed at highly literate people, they are aimed at the not so smart and not so literate with the intention of manipulating their world view and votes.  They are dumbed down, bigoted, sexist, often racist and frequently hysterical. They exist because their appeal is primarily to people who either can't or don't want to think rationally about the world they live in rather than have confirmation of a very narrow and biased view of their own.  

I don't personally find that particular media entertaining in any way whatsoever, and my reply was not meant to be a joke.   I can share a good laugh with a Bedouin Chief about the behaviour of Israeli girls and Egyptian guys on holiday in the Sinai, or with poor kids in the slums of Manila racing rats in the flood water, to name but a few.  I choose to live a very simple life in a wooden hut in a rainforest and promote education among some of the poorest and most disadvantaged and I use the bulk of my income to do so.  Luckily I am smart enough to be able to work for myself in a field that pays well enough to do so but I didn't get there from adopting a mindset that finds media of this kind entertaining.  

It would not surprise me in the least if Fox News and its ilk was simply irrelevant to "Gormless Gypsies" (and possibly Irish Tinkers, Horse Thieves and Feynian Bastards) and The Sun was best put to much needed sanitary use because the ink doesn't come off on your arse.

It so happens that I've taken a particular stance in this quite polarised debate because equating New Age Travellers, Squatters, and Thieving Gippo Scum with each other and in those terms is inaccurate and distorts the argument about the racist behaviour of the UK authorities as well as exposing your own bigotry and ignorance.

Explain where MY elitist snobbery and antipathy to free markets comes into this.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 05:30:55 AM

For many cultures "Modern Society" is the collective and attempts to retain their own culture, land and individual freedoms have been met with repression, violence and slaughter.

Those primitive superstitious cultures face well-deserved extinction when they cannot compete with rational, productive ones.    Adapt, or die.  Their choice, their responsibility.  Cool

Explain where MY elitist snobbery and antipathy to free markets comes into this.

There's simply no need, mate.  You've already done an excellent job of that in the (tedious, long-winded, appallingly pretentious and self-congratulatory) above post.   Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
J603

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 01:56:10 PM

Many individual Abbos and Indians do just fine, including many in my own family.  Fuck you for ethnic stereotyping and painting cultural caricatures with your broad brush.  Also fuck you for leaving the (white) Irish off your list of poor helpless oppressed (brown) peoples.   What a bigoted POS you are!

So you belong to a race that has been persecuted and massacred throughout history, yet you yourself promote bigotry. Interesting.

alephi

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 06:07:14 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2013, 06:26:34 PM by alephi

Those primitive superstitious cultures face well-deserved extinction when they cannot compete with rational, productive ones.
  Be careful what you wish for.  Your own culture isn't so rational or productive.

Also it seems that the majority of "abbos" aren't doing just fine.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2013/08/201381810463203589.html

Or the Brazilian tribes  - http://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/apr/22/brazil-rainforest-awa-endangered-tribe

Or the Ainu - http://scholarspace.manoa.hawaii.edu/bitstream/handle/10125/21976/v1i1_02okada.pdf

Or the Bedouin - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-14314883

etc etc etc.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 02:42:46 PM

Many individual Abbos and Indians do just fine, including many in my own family.  Fuck you for ethnic stereotyping and painting cultural caricatures with your broad brush.  Also fuck you for leaving the (white) Irish off your list of poor helpless oppressed (brown) peoples.   What a bigoted POS you are!

So you belong to a race that has been persecuted and massacred throughout history, yet you yourself promote bigotry. Interesting.

Every race ethnicity has been "persecuted and massacred throughout history."   Build a bridge and get the fuck over it, or wallow in self-pity forever.  The choice is an individual, not collective, one.

Lowering expectations for individuals of a certain skin color or background is bigotry.

I promote the abolition of such soft/crypto bigotry, especially by reprogramming the do-gooder crowd's Fabian collectivist hacked firmware.

Forcing them to confront/examine/justify their own authoritarian paradigms (EG political correctness and speech codes) is the first step...     Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
alephi

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 08:35:10 AM

Lowering expectations for individuals of a certain skin color or background is bigotry.

I promote the abolition of such soft/crypto bigotry, especially by reprogramming the do-gooder crowd's Fabian collectivist hacked firmware.

Forcing them to confront/examine/justify their own authoritarian paradigms (EG political correctness and speech codes) is the first step...

Imposing your own expectations is fascism.  You are not the cultural and moral guardian for everyone else.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 10:43:03 PM

Forcing them to confront/examine/justify their own authoritarian paradigms (EG political correctness and speech codes) is the first step...

Imposing your own expectations is fascism.  You are not the cultural and moral guardian for everyone else.

You are wrong.  "Facism" refers to "a political movement that was linked with corporatism and existed in a single country (Italy) for less than 30 years and ruled the country from 1922 to 1943 under the leadership of Benito Mussolini."

You are being a lazy slob by indulging your uneducated nincompoop usage of "Fascism as vague epithet."

the term "fascism" has become hopelessly vague in the years following World War II, and that today it is little more than a pejorative epithet used by supporters of various political views to attempt to discredit their opponents. This view dates back to George Orwell, British writer and author of Nineteen Eighty-Four and Animal Farm, who in 1944 famously remarked:
    ...the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else ... Except for the relatively small number of Fascist sympathisers, almost any English person would accept ‘bully’ as a synonym for ‘Fascist’. That is about as near to a definition as this much-abused word has come.[35]

Orwell's observation predates the formulation of the Godwin's law,[36] considering nazism and fascism as partially overlapping notions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Definitions_of_fascism#Fascism_as_vague_epithet

The only expectations I am in favor of "imposing" are those already existing as conditions of objective reality, IE 'Adapt or Die.'

Obviously neither you or I are the "cultural and moral guardian for everyone else."  That was my point about the individual's decision to 'Adapt or Die.'

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
flagel8

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 08:17:25 AM

The first thing that leapt to mind on reading the thread title was: "Racist Vancouver". Something about a woman who was kicked out of a McD's in Vancouver for poor English skills?

Anyway, back on topic, I wonder how dangerous driving that van around might be.
alan2here

Activity: 1778
Merit: 504

WorkAsPro

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 12:07:03 PM

The van driving is somthing that needs doing anyway untill more good has been done than damage from the orginal even if very short campaign. Also whoever was doing it earlier, don't derail the thread with talk of chavs, whether they be jypseys or not. English conservatives are usually racist which is thr problem. I'm sure i saw somone claim such a thing as "purebead" and "mongral" humans as well.

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 03:04:04 PM

I wonder who has the balls to drive that thing around.  UK thugs don't play lol

And thus further proving the point of the speech on the vans?
infested999 (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 03:18:36 AM

The first thing that leapt to mind on reading the thread title was: "Racist Vancouver". Something about a woman who was kicked out of a McD's in Vancouver for poor English skills?

How about Oprah Winfrey in a racist store in Switzerland?

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀