Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:30:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help! Onda D1800 BTC. Can’t get BIOS to display!  (Read 12131 times)
hineat61 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:31:56 AM

I just set one up today  I made a usb stick with smos

I connected 3 molex
3 sata
a 24 pin
a four pin for cpu
I am using a 16gb usb 3.0 stick
and for now 2 1080 ti's

pretty much flawless and you don't need to

access bios it was set to boot with a usb stick and fire the board up

flashing bios was not the way to go.

or maybe you got a dude.

this board is really easy to do a 3 card well spaced 1080 ti build

What bios version do you have.

Don’t mean to sound like a noob but what is involved in setting up the usb stick. What exactly are you putting on it file wise.
mineallnight

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:25:24 PM

Hey - did you ever get your Onda board to display (BIOS or via card)??

I just got mine - the cpu fan spins up, but I don't get any display (nothing from the onboard VGA port, or the 1060 GPU).  Im stuck!
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:32:03 PM

Hey - did you ever get your Onda board to display (BIOS or via card)??

I just got mine - the cpu fan spins up, but I don't get any display (nothing from the onboard VGA port, or the 1060 GPU).  Im stuck!

I got mine (6 GPU version)) to work - it turns out the onboard VGA port is, in fact, the one you have to use (at least on initial setup). The other thing that is critical is you have to use a 1.35V DDR3L SODIMM. I booted a Win10 ISO from USB then installed to a spare 320GB HDD I had laying around gathering dust for the last 10 years... Surprised it worked, actually, but it does.

mineallnight

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:30:48 PM

That's great to hear!

I confirmed that I have the 1.3V DDR3L SODIMM 4GB RAM (I have two that I tried).
I got all 3 sata, 3 molex, 24pin mobo and 4pin power all plugged in.  When I turn on the cpu fan spins up (stays spinning) and the win10 usb boot thumb drive I have has the light on it turn on (although it stays on - no flashing like usual to indicate reading).

The keyboard also doesnt light up (caps lock and other lights dont flash) so I dont know if the usb's are initializing  correctly (odd that the usb drive light turns on, but the keyboard doesnt power).

Anyone know what the jumper settings can do with the 6 card Onda?
MagicSmoker

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:18:06 PM

That's great to hear!

I confirmed that I have the 1.3V DDR3L SODIMM 4GB RAM (I have two that I tried).
I got all 3 sata, 3 molex, 24pin mobo and 4pin power all plugged in.  When I turn on the cpu fan spins up (stays spinning) and the win10 usb boot thumb drive I have has the light on it turn on (although it stays on - no flashing like usual to indicate reading).

The keyboard also doesnt light up (caps lock and other lights dont flash) so I dont know if the usb's are initializing  correctly (odd that the usb drive light turns on, but the keyboard doesnt power).

Anyone know what the jumper settings can do with the 6 card Onda?

Hmm... there aren't any jumpers that need to be messed with, really. To clear the CMOS you press the button to the left of the ethernet/USB port housing; you might want to try that, actually (maybe a few times...).

mineallnight

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:59:08 PM

Thanks for the suggestion - I tried the cmos clear button and still the same (non-)result. 

At this point I'm going to try another power supply, then just return the thing.  Thanks for the help!
paulrich

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:13:00 PM

plug a monitor in vga. had same prob.
MarkAz

Activity: 687
Merit: 511

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:10:52 PM

I'm surprised as many people are having issues with it - I've got probably 100+ of them and haven't had a single issue so far.  Does it beep when it boots?  Prior to the bios being displayed, all of mine beep - so if you're not hearing that, it might not even be making it to the point that the video would be initialized.  You might also try forcing it to beep - normally if you boot with the memory removed, that will cause a POST beep to help you identify the issue, no post beep, then the board is probably no good.
asukahan

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:18:13 PM

I have more than 100 D1800 boards running on my farms, and I upgraded their BIOSes days ago.
there are 3 BIOSes which you can download from their official website, the latest one is actually the VGA-display-only one, whatever kind of cards you plug on it, it will always output the signal by VGA, you should try it and it works like charm with KVM.
My rigs are on P104-100, P106-100, 5704, 5708, all of them are running perfectly with it.

Sorry for no support website in English.

http://www.onda.cn/MotherBoard_Supports.aspx?id=369

P.S. 3 BIOSes:
"默认打开PXE ROM 选项,修正WIN PE 兼容" means "opened PXE ROM option by default, fixed compatibility with WIN PE"
"更正上专业矿卡/带输出矿卡,板载VGA 无输出状况.更正上UEFI PXE 无盘,无法进系统问题。" means "fixed if video card installed/not installed, VGA doesn't work , fixed if no disk found in UEFI PXE, system halt."  <-- I think this is the problem you met.
"修正和VEGA SERIES 显卡兼容性问题" means fixed compatibility with VEGA series cards
scryed

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:35:45 AM

I'm surprised as many people are having issues with it - I've got probably 100+ of them and haven't had a single issue so far.  Does it beep when it boots?  Prior to the bios being displayed, all of mine beep - so if you're not hearing that, it might not even be making it to the point that the video would be initialized.  You might also try forcing it to beep - normally if you boot with the memory removed, that will cause a POST beep to help you identify the issue, no post beep, then the board is probably no good.

Must be a new batch having issues? I'm having the same problem black screen problem and it doesn't go to bios.
No beeps and I've tried two different power supplies (EVGA GQ 1000W). I'm only able to get the keyboard to flicker once psu is turned on.

I also purchased 3 boards with none of them able to post BIOS.
Serial Number 0493-0495 is my batch.
Xeon_Xeon

Activity: 184
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:06:16 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2018, 04:20:04 AM by Xeon_Xeon

Well add me to the list with a new D1800 that does not post.

No Lights on keyboard.
Reset a few times.
No beeps, well the mb speaker clicks once but I can barely hear it.
Removed ram and powered up and still no beeps, EVERY motherboard I ever had would beep with no ram if it had an onboard speaker.
Tried a GTX 650 as my video source, still no video.
Also tried two different power supplys.

All it does is turn the cpu fan on and the chassis fans when I had it in its case, and only the cpu fan when it was not.

D.O.A.   Angry
r3l4x

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:52:25 PM

Hello all, thanks god I found this post. Both few weeks back this motherboard from here. https://pccomponents.co/shop/computer-systems/components/motherboards/onda-d1800-btc-mining-motherboard-support-6-cards have exactly same problem please help! I pretty new to this mining I mined few years Litecoins on my older computer everything whose fine. So I decided to upgrade my motherboard with this one as I have spare video cards. I`m trying to run it on windows.
huntingthesnark

Activity: 357
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 06:04:01 PM

Right. I'm having one of those moments. Damn thing refuses to boot Win10 after gpu install. I've connected everything, and it's a 1600 EVGA psu, so plenty headroom.

Without a gpu win10 boots up beautifully, but adding a gpu to the 2nd or third slot gets me a bios splash, then backlit black. I've tried different pcie cables to the gpu already, this is a fresh install, so no old drivers.

I'm currently assuming it's either a bad gpu (possible) or more likely a bios setting somewhere - anybody have any bios ingenuities to share?

For the latest Crypto news and alts info check out https://coinsjar.info/
MagicSmoker

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:05:52 PM

Right. I'm having one of those moments. Damn thing refuses to boot Win10 after gpu install. I've connected everything, and it's a 1600 EVGA psu, so plenty headroom.

Without a gpu win10 boots up beautifully, but adding a gpu to the 2nd or third slot gets me a bios splash, then backlit black. I've tried different pcie cables to the gpu already, this is a fresh install, so no old drivers.

I'm currently assuming it's either a bad gpu (possible) or more likely a bios setting somewhere - anybody have any bios ingenuities to share?

Have you supplied power to all 6 of the molex and sata connectors on the mobo? It won't work without *all* of them powered up. And yes, the molex connectors are labeled incorrectly as power outputs.
scryed

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:01:41 PM

Yes all sata and molex ports were supplied power.
I read everything about the motherboard on here and I was supposed to at least get a beep, but nothing at all except the cpu fan spinning.
huntingthesnark

Activity: 357
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 06:22:59 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 02:35:21 PM by huntingthesnark

Have you supplied power to all 6 of the molex and sata connectors on the mobo? It won't work without *all* of them powered up. And yes, the molex connectors are labeled incorrectly as power outputs.
I have, all board power is connected and triple checked, 3 molex, 3 sata. Bios reset with gpus in a slot gives me an A2 error. Have removed usb and lp1 connectors in case of short. no dice.

Have fiddled with disabling onboard graphics/setting gpu as primary, tried peg and pcie. Still get bios screen, code 99 bottom corner, then backlit black. Will try another gpu later, but pretty certain it's a bios setting! <bangs head on wall>

Edit: Tried a variety of other rx570s, all have same effect. Win10 boots without gpus. With one or more added, black screen. Specifying 'ssd' instead of 'hdd' gets the same, but with a white underscore on black screen.

For the latest Crypto news and alts info check out https://coinsjar.info/
FuzzyKittens

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:11:10 PM

I have a ONDA D1800 BTC that I got running using the VGA out and installed an operating system. I tried updating the BIOS to the latest Vega update which went fine, I reset and now I get the POST short beep but no video out through the VGA. Other than no video it seems fine, the OS starts up, I can still ssh into it but I'm not getting any video out. I've tried clearing the CMOS which I'm not exactly sure how to do (reset button in back? blue jumper? remove battery?) but I never get the long beep (I think that's the reset beep?) I'm stumped, anyone have any ideas?
MagicSmoker

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:25:12 PM

I wish I could help you guys having trouble, but aside from not getting the correct memory the first time (Amazon's fault, not mine), and wasting time trying to use one of the GPUs to drive a monitor because the Aliexpress listing specifically said onboard video was disabled (it wasn't, and had to be used, actually) I haven't really fiddled with mine and only once checked the BIOS settings but didn't change any.

I can tell you that a code 99 during boot usually means some critical piece of the mobo hardware isn't working. Perhaps the PCIe bus expander or the like. This would likely be a fatal error unless you can find something set wrong in the BIOS (but, to reiterate, mine was set perfectly for its intended task as a miner).

@Fuzzy Kittens - your issue could be from the new BIOS changing the default video adapter from onboard/integrated to external/PCIe.

FuzzyKittens

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:28:27 AM

@ MagicSmoker - That solved it! Thanks for the hint! Just need to figure out how to get all the GPUs detected by xmr-stak! Cheesy
Xeon_Xeon

Activity: 184
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:40:26 AM

Finally got the new ram in from the seller in China, Lunar new year delayed it.

The new ram works!!

This is the ram that worked.

It boots and I have video with the IGPU.

Won't have time to really do anything until this weekend but I was just wanting to try the new ram to see if thats the problem and it was.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: