Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 05:54:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Nation (Serious) ( A New Country About Bitcoin)  (Read 4446 times)
strideynet (OP)

Activity: 412
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 11:09:03 AM

Interesting post frankie. Indeed ethnic minorities will exist creating a problem but laws passed should be for the good of the majority. Most laws are bad for someone, thats the way they work. Interesting about the lords though. Considering that these days they have little power over what they had. They cant really reject it anymore.

Well, I doubt bribery could happen in a bitcoin nation where absolute transperency is the main idea. Full finance reports would be published to the finest detail. The wording of the law is interesting aswell, but no society will ever be perfect. Infact, if thsi idea goes forward its not gonna be dream island. Life wont be perfect to the finest detail. It will not be a utopian sosciety but a alternative many people would prefer. I doubt we will all be drinking cocktails on the beach.
madmadmax

Activity: 740
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 11:44:43 AM

The bottom line is that giving every person the right to vote is unfair, you hear people bitching about the 1% owning 70% of the assets but you never hear about the 52% robbing the 48% of basic human rights.

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
f

smscotten

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 11:49:48 AM

There's a faction of Vermonters trying to build support for secession from the Union. Maybe that's a good starting point.

http://vermontrepublic.org/

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 11:51:01 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2013, 12:23:45 PM by franky1

Interesting post frankie. Indeed ethnic minorities will exist creating a problem but laws passed should be for the good of the majority. Most laws are bad for someone, thats the way they work. Interesting about the lords though. Considering that these days they have little power over what they had. They cant really reject it anymore.

Well, I doubt bribery could happen in a bitcoin nation where absolute transperency is the main idea. Full finance reports would be published to the finest detail. The wording of the law is interesting aswell, but no society will ever be perfect. Infact, if thsi idea goes forward its not gonna be dream island. Life wont be perfect to the finest detail. It will not be a utopian sosciety but a alternative many people would prefer. I doubt we will all be drinking cocktails on the beach.

i never mentioned ethnicity..  my 'demograph' was more to do with finding the large groups of people.. EG if the largest group of PEOPLE are of working age, then you would tailor laws for workers. if it was pensioners you would tailor economic laws to be around minimum FIAT pension amounts.
and if the majority groups were parents you would tailor laws around child benefit/credits/foodstamps to be paid in fiat.

nothing to do with ethnicity

The bottom line is that giving every person the right to vote is unfair, you hear people bitching about the 1% owning 70% of the assets but you never hear about the 52% robbing the 48% of basic human rights.

+1

but to put all this aside. buying an island is like 1% of the worry. as i said before converting a vacent island into homes, offices all with functional utilities. that is a bigger thing to achieve and require thinking about. and even then as i said no matter who 'governs' the island. they cannot simply delete the laws of the neighbouring mainland. they can however add more laws which suite the islands purpose.

i would personally far prefer to be involved in the new hampshire project. which is already moving forward and already has the housing/office space problems sorted. and is now working on what it can / cannot control in regards to the laws of the continent. (simply put US law)

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
fellowtraveler

Activity: 440

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 12:51:04 PM

Democracy. Atleast make collective choices the right way. Democracy in the sense of everybody voting but not in the UK government sense where you elect a leader. Here we have no leader, everybody decides on everything.

What if everybody decides to imprison old ladies who don't turn over their money ?

As long as everybody voted to do it first, does that make it okay?

What about if 10 guys walking down the street decide to beat up a nerd and steal his backpack?

Is that okay, as long as those ten guys took a vote first?

co-founder, Monetas
creator, Open-Transactions
strideynet (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 01:39:42 PM

Thats the flaw of everything though. Atleast here half the country or more has to agree to the cause. So yeah, if the half the country agrees you got the right to beat him up. But, not alot of people will agree with that and i doubt i want those kinda people in the nation. You can delete the laws of the neighbouring mainland if you maintain you are a separate nation. If when the cops come you beat em up and say this is my nation and you have no powers of arrest here. Sure, they will probably send more guys. But if for a week you fend em off they leave you alone. So, if giving everyone the right to vote is unfair should we have the same amount of people from each ethnic/demographic group then. What if those select can be bribed...
elor70

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 01:44:22 PM

bad idea...

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:01:09 PM

Thats the flaw of everything though. Atleast here half the country or more has to agree to the cause. So yeah, if the half the country agrees you got the right to beat him up. But, not alot of people will agree with that and i doubt i want those kinda people in the nation. You can delete the laws of the neighbouring mainland if you maintain you are a separate nation. If when the cops come you beat em up and say this is my nation and you have no powers of arrest here. Sure, they will probably send more guys. But if for a week you fend em off they leave you alone. So, if giving everyone the right to vote is unfair should we have the same amount of people from each ethnic/demographic group then. What if those select can be bribed...

im beginning to laugh. this is as entertaining as finshaggys brain farts.

so imagine this.

the mass population of your island is bitcoiners. we all know the demograph of MOST bitcoiners(computer/businessmen). then there are the minority of bitcoiners that want freedoms enough to risk their lives for. these are the basement dwelling armchair activists that believe in the illuminati and rothchilds. the ones that want to smoke weed freely, the ones that are teenagers and spend 98% of their lives on a computer.

so now we have a mainland such as USA sending an army of specially trained soldiers in high speed boats with fully loaded automatic weapons........., vs the islanders riot squat (armchair activists) who have never fired a gun outside of the 'call of duty' game world.

hmmmm yea great plan.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
strideynet (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:37:28 PM

Okay. Im gonna get this post locked. I wanted to try something here but it's s hard to find people who want to give good suggestions. No offense but wasn't worth me trying.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: