Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 03:38:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Addiction?  (Read 1144 times)
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 04:54:47 PM

Daily trading enforces a lot of work and this can count to addiction as well. Holding, on the other hand, can be more relaxing if you can keep your cool. But anyways, it is in our nature to grow addictions, and crypto trading is very similar to gambling, if done uncarefully,

frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:00:45 PM

Many other source of money can become an addiction. For example gambling or stock day trading are often associated with addiction. Trading crypto is not much different from those two activities. Usually the rush and the confidence that you get from lucrative trading is what will be the cause of addiction.

Off course gambling is the worst addiction that you can have. Gambling in real world also is worst thing to follow. When you start with first round then you most probably loose the game and then afterwards you fight for your investment but meanwhile you start loosing your money and you don't even recognise that one. By the time you recognise you have lost then it is the time you find yourself addicted to the game and you start playing from the first round. You come online everyday and think that you will do best this time but the time never comes when you win. Lolz. Thats the funniest addiction you can have.
easemypain

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 08:27:05 PM

Getting involved with cryptocurrency is not an addiction and will never be, it should be considered as a drive or flair for achievements. there are so many fascinating facts about cryptocurrency that an individual who is not involved can and will never understand. it is just interesting doing crypto you are always updated with pieces of information.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.networ
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:09:53 PM

I had the same feeling during my first encounter with crypto. I wanted to know more and was hungry for more information I practically stayed up late because of searching and reading up. When I found out that my friend was earning tremendously though crypto, I got much more adrenaline. I felt like was left out and I needed to catch up. I wouldn't call it an addiction but rather a spark of interest which lasted a little long. I badly wanted to catch up on investments and get started on trading so I went in a rush on getting to know more about crypto.
Learning and researching is not a bad thing, I think there is very little that needs to be addicted. It is very natural to learn and research, especially if it does not take a long time to research about a subject, especially when it is difficult to understand something as difficult as Bitcoin and B.C.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
AVAMONEY

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:23:09 PM

Addictions in positive ways can makes you happy.
I'm sport addition, its my hobbies. And i will saying also doing reading some crypto news are my new hobbies. I still curious what kind of development from both Bitcoins and Ethereum that can bring some new good improvements, so hopes affecting some other countries can legalized crypto coins.
Questat

Activity: 2870
Merit: 604

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 02:17:37 AM

I'm sport addition, its my hobbies. And i will saying also doing reading some crypto news are my new hobbies. I still curious what kind of development from both Bitcoins and Ethereum that can bring some new good improvements, so hopes affecting some other countries can legalized crypto coins.
If we are talking about trading and we are addicted, most likely we are enjoying the positive results in trading.
Actually, if you spend more time, you have a good chance to be profitable in the long run since trading gives you profit when you improve your skills.

XFlowZion

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:20:03 AM

I also feel that way. Once you gain that so much profit, you are going to get more obsessed and you will set your goals much higher but I can say my addiction is just mild because I don't allot all of my day just for trading.
kokobaba880

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:12:27 AM

I think the crypto is not the addiction but it is the like the other currency and through this forum people can get the solutions of their problems in general and as well as in the crypto as well. Bitcoin is the digital money and the addiction which you can do is the bitcoin holding because if you are holding bitcoin then you will curious about the market price and the market fluctuations in that time So it is true that bitcoin is good for the past and for the present and for the future as well.

clarkt

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:38:56 AM

It is good to be committed to something but an addiction to anything is not good.  Addiction suggest an automatic response to something without engaging your brain in as to know the harm or benefits that could happen as a result of engaging in that thing.  I will never be addicted to anything. But I am committed to bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general.

Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:42:21 AM

It is good to be committed to something but an addiction to anything is not good.  Addiction suggest an automatic response to something without engaging your brain in as to know the harm or benefits that could happen as a result of engaging in that thing.  I will never be addicted to anything. But I am committed to bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general.
We should just give our best here and don't go beyond the limit, limit ourselves in the time so that we can still have enough rest, since I am just doing this aside from my job, I am just giving myself rest after work first before doing this, I make sure that I do eat healthy foods too. In, trading it will really cause you addiction, so don't trade too many coins that you thing you cannot handle well.

AVAMONEY

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:30:44 PM

If we are talking about trading and we are addicted, most likely we are enjoying the positive results in trading.
Actually, if you spend more time, you have a good chance to be profitable in the long run since trading gives you profit when you improve your skills.
Yes it is, the purpose of doing trading are for gain profit. I have been spending much time to learn by reading book from some source about the tips, but I didn't find a definite ways. So I have decide to my own way when doing trading i always stand in safe area by using my common sense and intuition.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1338

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 03:42:13 PM

I had the same feeling during my first encounter with crypto. I wanted to know more and was hungry for more information I practically stayed up late because of searching and reading up. When I found out that my friend was earning tremendously though crypto, I got much more adrenaline. I felt like was left out and I needed to catch up. I wouldn't call it an addiction but rather a spark of interest which lasted a little long. I badly wanted to catch up on investments and get started on trading so I went in a rush on getting to know more about crypto.
It's funny, because I think we all go through that, we realize how long cryptocurrencies have been around and we think we need to get as much information as possible in order to catch up, however every day a new set of persons begin to learn about bitcoin and altcoins, and if we take into account that the user base of cryptocurrencies is very small then we understand that we are better than 99% of the world population in terms of knowledge.
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 05:01:38 PM

Do you ever feel like you're overly obsessed with cryptocurrencies or trading/investing in general?
Personally, I'm fairly satisfied with my investments/decisions so far but yet I'm looking for market opportunities most of the time. I think that's mainly because of the fact that majority of my time browsing the internet I watch related content. I'm passionate quite passionate about it.

Over time it kinda makes me feel depressed that I don't make as much as I possibly could or others have better scores (some unhealthy jealousy I guess?), so this "paper-chasing" has become a target itself.

When I want to take a break from all this stuff for let's say a month or week at least then I'm not able to because I'm afraid that I will miss out on something.
On the one hand, I have made investments in projects I believe in so I could leave it for few months even and then back but at the other hand, I'm still not quite sure about my diversification so I keep watching the market.

Can anyone relate?

Yes. I spend too much time on cryptocurrencies. I watch the charts, prices, YouTube videos, and news articles all the time and throughout the day. I have decided that I’m going to stop trading and get all my coins in secure wallets off the exchanges (most is off exchanges already), and take about a year off and let it ride. My goal is to only check that prices once a month.
zemb

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 05:25:52 PM

I think almost every day, I'm in cryptocurrency market. Then I am opened many tabs for many exchange sites in 1 browser. So I start seeing some altcoins to buy for a certain period of time, and if there is a price difference then I do arbitrage, and many other trading activities every day. At least, I think I became.
contactmike1

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:19:22 PM

Hey, mate, you are describing me, we are so similar, can't believe. I really obsessed not only with crypto market, but also with financial market like CME, FORTS. So with crypto my addiction just became stronger. I've already broken with my girl because of this crypto world, but I do like this world, it is my passion!
katiepower

Activity: 315
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:36:49 PM

I think that everyone is more or less addicted) The reason is obvious - crypto market has enormous potential! Trading can also become an addiction very easily. It's been in a raging bull market, but I suspect that trading crypto is about to become much harder as the markets mature. That's the nature of markets. With that, a lot of people are going to discover that just because trading is simple, that does not mean it is easy.

The decision is easy - you should just switch on other segments of your life - family, friends and so on
p i e c e

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:35:40 PM

Many other source of money can become an addiction. For example gambling or stock day trading are often associated with addiction. Trading crypto is not much different from those two activities. Usually the rush and the confidence that you get from lucrative trading is what will be the cause of addiction.

Off course gambling is the worst addiction that you can have. Gambling in real world also is worst thing to follow. When you start with first round then you most probably loose the game and then afterwards you fight for your investment but meanwhile you start loosing your money and you don't even recognise that one. By the time you recognise you have lost then it is the time you find yourself addicted to the game and you start playing from the first round. You come online everyday and think that you will do best this time but the time never comes when you win. Lolz. Thats the funniest addiction you can have.

All the addictions do not bring something positive as they make the person depending on the object he is addicted to. I do not think that the crypto is the worst addiction, however.
KalaiBTC

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:09:45 AM

I think almost every day, I'm in cryptocurrency market. Then I am opened many tabs for many exchange sites in 1 browser. So I start seeing some altcoins to buy for a certain period of time, and if there is a price difference then I do arbitrage, and many other trading activities every day. At least, I think I became.
Being in the crypto market for such a long period of time really gives you an opportunity of having some very good amount of money at the end and that this will really help you out in having a better living too. This is the most encouraging thing for anyone of us as all of us dream to have a better living for their selves as well as their families. This addiction of investing more into it can make us rich one day.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 06:33:32 AM

To be honest, I don't think so in my case because I can manage myself to keep disconnected from this stuff in bullish as well as in the bearish market environment irrespective of my investment so I won't label my involvement as an addiction. However, I support anyone if he thinks that he is addicted to these things and willing to take a break from it.
Questat

Activity: 2870
Merit: 604

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:03:48 AM

To be honest, I don't think so in my case because I can manage myself to keep disconnected from this stuff in bullish as well as in the bearish market environment irrespective of my investment so I won't label my involvement as an addiction. However, I support anyone if he thinks that he is addicted to these things and willing to take a break from it.
I think it's hard to get addicted in trading unless you are treating it like gambling.
I have been addicted in gambling but was never addicted in trading because the result is not instant unlike in trading, I don't know
how that thing called addiction could affect the performance of a trader.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: