Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 01:50:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What to get rid of or keep all from my portfolio....?  (Read 142 times)
swk401240 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:57:44 PM

Hi, guys, I am new to alt world... and I have lots of portfolios which should I get rid of some them or keep all? Please suggest me...

I have a lot because I bought little of everything

TRX, POE, REQ, ADA, ENJ, TNT, VEN, XLM, ICX, ZRX, LINK, ADX, IOTA, SUB, ARK, WABI, WAVES, RDN, SALT, LSK, WTC, CTR, EOS, AION, LTC, XMR, QTUM...

Thank you Roll Eyes

Johnnywelsh

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:01:30 PM

Depends what your goals are? If it's make a quick profit then sell the ones your happy to take the profit on.

If it's long term investment then only keep the coins you believe in the most, I personally prefer your strategy of spreading the bets over multiple coins rather than focus on a few. It one moons you still make a nice profit and if one turns out to be a scam it won't wipe you out. It only takes 1 of them to make profits like QTUM did $100 at ICO is now worth around $19,000.

swk401240 (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:10:42 PM

Thank you for the suggestion!

Yea my goal is a long-term investment but I don't know if some of my portfolios are for short-term rather than long-term investment...
TrojanzBest

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:41:32 PM

'
Depends what your goals are?
Just like he said, it really depends on your goals and how much time you have.
Some of the currencies you're holding have comparatively small market caps and are still trading under $2, (XLM, ADA, TRX), they all have the potential, in the short run, to 4x/5x any investment you make, short run being anything under 12 weeks.

Long term investments can depend on for example, the idea behind the coin, the problem it's trying to solve, how qualified and committed the development team are, how much investment has gone into the coin, if the currency is community backed, so on and so forth.
In my opinion, the coins that you're holding now that are long term investments, are LTC,XMR,QTUM, I also think you should purchase XRP has the greatest potential for 2018. These are coins that already have large market caps and higher values per coin, they are more established coins and are relatively safer investments, fro 6-12 months.

Do your research, educate yourself, invest wisely not blindly.
shaun98

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:14:48 AM

I would sell of part of each, at least enough to cover your initial investment, and take some profit if you wish. That way, you'll be able to negate the risk of losing your entire portfolio in a crash.

arakosta

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:40:35 AM

Hi, guys, I am new to alt world... and I have lots of portfolios which should I get rid of some them or keep all? Please suggest me...

TRX, POE, REQ, ADA, ENJ, TNT, VEN, XLM, ICX, ZRX, LINK, ADX, IOTA, SUB, ARK, WABI, WAVES, RDN, SALT, LSK, WTC, CTR, EOS, AION, LTC, XMR, QTUM...

Thank you Roll Eyes

This is a very diversified portofolio. If your investment is not in the 4+ figures, you should cut most of them out and focus on 2-3 coins.

CoinCollector006

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:28:31 AM

Thank you Roll Eyes

My view is keep your existing names so long as you have conviction in the team and technology and harvest a fraction of your profits and convert them to BTC. I sold about 33% of my XLM shares to pull out my initial equity and a profit. I don't see anything wrong with owning large portfolios of 30 to 100 coins, however many you can handle. This gives you more opportunities for profit.

Some people say to concentrate your bets, its not bad advice but it also makes your portfolio more volatile.

I am holding several of your names XMR, WAVE, LSK, LTC, ARK , RDN.

░▓██████████████░
    ░▒██            ▒██▒░         ▓█████▓                               ░█████▒               ███                   
█████▓░     ██████░   ▒▓████      ██░░░▓█▓                             ▒███▒▓███              ███                     
██        █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒    ██     ▒█▓    ██                             ███   ▒██▒                                 
▓█      ░█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█░  █▓     ▓█▒   ▒█▓  ░████▓    █████   ░█████▓  ██▓    ██▓  ███████▓   ▓██   ▒█████▓   ███████▓
░█░    ░█▓▒▒░░░░░▒ ░▒██  ░█░     ██    ██░  ██  ▓█▒  ██░ ▒█▓  ▓█▓  ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███▒ ▓███  ███  ▒██▓ ▒██▒  ███▒ ▓███
 ██    ██▒░░░▒▒ ░░▒▒▓█▒  ██     ▒█▓    ██  ██   ▒█▒ ▓█░   █▓  ██   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███   ███
 ▒█░ ░▒█▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░█▒     ▓█░   ▒█▓  ███████  ███████░ ░█▓   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
  ██ ░██▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░█░ ██      ██    ██░ ▒█▓░▒░░  ░█▓░▒░░░  ▓█░  ▒█▒  ██▓    ██▓  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
   ██  █▓██▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓█▒ ██      ▒█▓   ░██  ██       ▓█░       ██   ██   ███   ▒██▒  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███  ░███
    ██    ▒▓███████▓  ██       ██▒  ▒██   ██  ░██  ▓█░  ██░ ░██  ▓█▓   ▓██▓▒▒███   ███  ░███  ███  ░██▓░▓██▒  ███  ░███
     ██░       ░    ░██        ██████▓    ▒█████   ░█████░  ▓█████▓     ▒█████▓    ███  ░███  ███   ▒█████▒   ███  ░███
      ▒██          ██▒                                      ██                                                   
        ▒██░     ▓██                                       ▒█▓                                                         
          ▓██░ ▓██░                                        ██░                                                         
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: