Anybody interested in working with the Bitcoin client fulltime? Below I've posted the job posting. Getting paid to work on Bitcoin fulltime with other skilled & enthusiastic developers fulltime here in Poland
#bitcoinconsultancy on Freenode <-- feel free to drop in and say hi http://bitcoinconsultancy.com/
We're currently a group of 6 passionate people from Europe/UK/US (with more to come soon) that wants to push Bitcoin forwards. We'll give preference to applicants with previous contributions to Bitcoin or other free software projects.
Eventually we hope to pay the entire Bitcoin community, but for now we're still in the growth stage. Afterwards we can then provide a foundation to help people in the future by organising conferences, helping with legal advice wrt bitcoin or helping court costs .etc
Our strategy for bitcoin acceptance is:
1) pay people to work on bitcoin. Bitcoin can only develop as a secure, scalable and stable piece of software with fulltime developers.
2) get business interests financially invested. In the case of an attack on the network, they will have their hands in the cookie jar and be financially motivated to defend bitcoin.
3) set a positive legal precedent. When a government comes to look at bitcoin, they will be far more likely to rule positively if they see a long running, legal, honest and regulated exchange. That way we become the policy makers, not misinformed senators.
4) aggressively dispel ignorance through the press. Ties in with 3)
5) provide a platform to enable people to keep doing their work.
Apologies for the long rant. If anyone has any other skills they can offer apart from C++ coder below then still feel free to message me. Maybe we could accommodate you still in some form, although we have a lot of offers from skilled developers and it's hard :p (we're still expanding).
- Very safe
- We live in the town centre near the historic area
- Travel info
- Hot girls, good links with rest of Europe, large linux group, major european cultural centre .etc
Network Programming - C++, Linux
Recruiter: Bitcoin Consultancy
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Salary: Salary negotiable
Job Type: Minimum 4 months. Potentially permanent.
Bitcoin Consultancy is looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic developer to be
responsible for development of an opensource project. This person should have
experience leading large projects with hundreds or thousands, or millions of
lines of code. Previous contribution to opensource projects is a definite plus
together with experience in the bittorrent protocol and the boost asio library.
You will be part of a team on the cutting edge working on an exciting new
technology as opposed to a nameless piece of internal corporate technology.
- C++ development experience is essential in a large scale project
- Previous participation in an opensource project
- Solid experience with crypto and hashing algorithms
- Expertise in programming under Linux
- Able to use boost::asio
- Excellent problem solving and multitasking skills, with a logical and
Other desirable skills include:
- Scripting experience with Python
- Knowledge of the bittorrent protocol
- Compiler and linkers experience
- Working knowledge of development tools such as debuggers, profilers and
- Knowledge of database engines, primarily MySQL
Bitcoin Consultancy is a new startup focused around providing Bitcoin related
services. We are the maintainers of the only UK exchange with a daily trading
volume of $20k. Our group has been featured in most of the major news publications.http://bitcoinconsultancy.com/