Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:23:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New at Mining, need HELP Pleeeeaaassseeee  (Read 109 times)
Bit_Noob (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:05:23 AM

Hello there,

I'm new at mining. I want to set up my first rig to mine Monero. I have no idea how to start. I looked into buying Vega cards but they are all sold out. I don't know which gpu to use. I don't know anything about Hash rates. I really don't know which altcoin to mine. When mining coins its all about the hash rate. I don't which will better mine with my budget. I'm thinking Monero. I'm doing research still but don't know if the information I'm getting is vaild. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Which program should I use? Which mining pool sites should I use. Which videos do I watch on Youtube. How do I make a rig with a $2000 budget for my first rig? I really want to start like yesterday. Its my first time building a rig. I'm willing to learn. I just need some help. Also, which GPU should I preorder this year to be ahead of the game in 2018?

Please Help
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:50:13 AM

I don't know anything about Hash rates.

This is a very basic term in mining, this is how your GPU performance in mining coins.

I want to set up my first rig to mine Monero. I have no idea how to start. I looked into buying Vega cards but they are all sold out. I don't know which gpu to use.

AMD GPU cards are very good at Monero, one of the challenges now is how to get them in decent price.

Im doing research still but don't know if the information I'm getting is vaild. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Which program should I use?

Claymore, XMR-stack, Sgminer, ccminer

Which mining pool sites should I use. Which videos do I watch on Youtube.

lot of monero pools out there

Nanopool, Dwarfpool, nicehash pick your choice

How do I make a rig with a $2000 budget for my first rig? I really want to start like yesterday. Its my first time building a rig. I'm willing to learn. I just need some help. Also, which GPU should I preorder this year to be ahead of the game in 2018?

Premium cards will not be late for sure, AMD vegas, 580's and NVidia 1070,1080ti's are a good bet, making a rig for 2000$ budget will always depend on the GPU card you want to use.

Rasanders22

Activity: 67
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:52:32 AM

There are a ton of alt-coins to mine. Picking one can be difficult.  There are a bunch of GPUs to choose, if they are even in stock. Pretty much any gpu with over 4 ggigs of ddr5 will mine any alt coin. There is no one answer because there are so many possibilities.  Do your research,  use Google, read the forums, and realize that everything you learn cam change daily.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: