Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:57:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex Support?  (Read 141 times)
SHAWN77371 (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:25:24 AM

Hey Everyone,
Anyone know of a good way to get in contact with Poloniex? I had to get a new phone and i dont have my 2FA backup key so im locked out of my account..

I sent them a support ticket 5 days ago and also sent them an Email and i cant get a response from them at all.

Thanks In Advance.
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 10:37:40 PM

Hey Everyone,
Anyone know of a good way to get in contact with Poloniex? I had to get a new phone and i dont have my 2FA backup key so im locked out of my account..

I sent them a support ticket 5 days ago and also sent them an Email and i cant get a response from them at all.

Thanks In Advance.

Most exchanges at the moment are overwhelmed by the influx of the last run for Bitcoin, so their support is undoubtedly backlogged. To remove 2FA from your account, however, you're going to have to prove a couple of transactions that you have made to and from your account, so have those TXID's available, along with access to sign a message using any address that you have used to send money to and from the exchange.

Honestly, it's going to be a pain in the ass for them to remove your 2FA; you should learn to write down the 16-digit security key when given the option for 2FA, rather than just scanning the QR code.  Sorry you're going through this, and I've lost my account on a couple of exchanges due to this very reason, even after providing proof of transactions and signed messages.

Let us know how this turns out, and make sure to update the thread if you hear back from Poloniex and they rectify your issue. Good luck.

megapoperlo

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:43:04 PM

how to act?

- the account was frozen 3 weeks ago, the question was answered on the next day, the point is that IP was used compromised (I use the VPN), but after the first answer, the answer ceased
- the verification can not be completed, after loading the form and the documents,  application is submitted and will be considered and that its status can be tracked in the profile, but reloading the page and entering the authorization section, I again see the form for filling, and not any references to the status or the submitted application, i repeated this act 2 times since only 1 time in 3 days, you can carry out an operation, status still legacy, how to achieve the result?
keyboard warrior

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:49:15 AM

how to act?

- the account was frozen 3 weeks ago, the question was answered on the next day, the point is that IP was used compromised (I use the VPN), but after the first answer, the answer ceased

Poloniex says a VPN service might change your IP address in short intervals, which its website is programmed to recognise as malicious. All you can do is contact support and wait.

https://poloniex.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/1000244845-i-keep-getting-logged-out-why-is-this-happening-

You will be logged out if your IP address changes mid-session or if you login from another browser/computer. If you are using a VPN service, it is not uncommon for VPN providers to change your IP address in short intervals, causing you to disconnect.

You might also try asking what to do in the poloniex announcement thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=420836.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: