Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:41:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How much will it take to get 1 BTC when mining at 300MH/s ?!  (Read 1486 times)
Hesham_3del (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 01:55:31 AM

Hello,

How much will it take to get 1 BTC when mining at 300MH/s ?!

I want to know how can I calculate it for now and for later times also.

Thank you Smiley
jarhed

Activity: 672
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 01:56:35 AM

A month. Give or take. Shocked
Hesham_3del (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:01:42 AM

How can I calculate it please ?!

I want accurate results
tUrnre

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:02:23 AM

if solo mining may take about 4 month, but im never tried yet.
tUrnre

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:03:41 AM

I want accurate results

use this calculator http://www.alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator
with nowdays difficulties 37392766.0
jmevz

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:04:58 AM

I mined with 500-600 megahashes for a month about a month ago and got .3 of a coin so with increased difficulty and what not, I would say a long time? I was using Slush's pool, I gave up. I'm presuming you have a Block Erupter?

Hesham_3del (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:10:26 AM

I want accurate results

Thank you, how can I get the difficulties number or from where ?!

I mined with 500-600 megahashes for a month about a month ago and got .3 of a coin so with increased difficulty and what not, I would say a long time? I was using Slush's pool, I gave up. I'm presuming you have a Block Erupter?

Yes, you are right, I want to buy and start with Block Erupter, any suggestions ?!
tUrnre

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:13:44 AM

I get from this website http://bitcoindifficulty.com/

I want accurate results

Thank you, how can I get the difficulties number or from where ?!

Yes, you are right, I want to buy and start with Block Erupter, any suggestions ?!
Hesham_3del (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:16:46 AM

Thank you Smiley
pacojones

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:22:30 AM

mining.thegenesisblock.com is a much more comprehensive calculator

regardless, 300ish M at the CURRENT difficulty will likely earn 1 coin after... never...  the best option (and even this isn't a good idea) is to have MANY MANY usb sticks working away at the same time.  Unfortunately that will likely never break even unless BTC climbs really high.  If your just looking to mine for the sake of mining, then it's a different story.  I bought 4 of these, sold 2 on ebay and I'm using 2 to play with while waiting for my 'real' hardware.

Hesham_3del (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:26:20 AM

mining.thegenesisblock.com is a much more comprehensive calculator

regardless, 300ish M at the CURRENT difficulty will likely earn 1 coin after... never...  the best option (and even this isn't a good idea) is to have MANY MANY usb sticks working away at the same time.  Unfortunately that will likely never break even unless BTC climbs really high.  If your just looking to mine for the sake of mining, then it's a different story.  I bought 4 of these, sold 2 on ebay and I'm using 2 to play with while waiting for my 'real' hardware.

Can you suggest me please a "real" hardware from your own perspective Smiley

Thank you
pacojones

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:32:55 AM

There are three vendors who 'appear' to be decent - bfl (shipping, very very very slowly), KNC (no proven hardware yet, but looks promising) & bitfury (proven hardware, October delivery date).  That said, run the calculations and understand what your getting into - the days of making something out of essentially nothing (cpu, gpu mining days) are long gone.  Many ASIC buyers are spending 10s of THOUSANDS of dollars and HOPE to break even in 3-6 months.  That sort of processing power (they are talking TH now, not MH).  However, if your just in it as a hobby, want to run a miner and contribute hashing power to the network, great!

Hesham_3del (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:44:17 AM

There are three vendors who 'appear' to be decent - bfl (shipping, very very very slowly), KNC (no proven hardware yet, but looks promising) & bitfury (proven hardware, October delivery date).  That said, run the calculations and understand what your getting into - the days of making something out of essentially nothing (cpu, gpu mining days) are long gone.  Many ASIC buyers are spending 10s of THOUSANDS of dollars and HOPE to break even in 3-6 months.  That sort of processing power (they are talking TH now, not MH).  However, if your just in it as a hobby, want to run a miner and contribute hashing power to the network, great!

If I want to "However, if your just in it as a hobby, want to run a miner and contribute hashing power to the network, great!"

What is the "ideal" start ?!

Shall I buy 1 USB Block Erupter and after starting to gain some bucks, re-invest in another one and so on ?!

I want to start as a hobby and to get some few bucks, I'm not looking towards it as a business.

Thank you
jmevz

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:05:11 AM

I'm hedging my bets with KNC and ordering a Mercury Miner, by the time I get it, it'll probably be worthless. I'm just hoping the deliver on time. All depends how serious you are about it, really.

EDIT: I also hope they have a legitimate product to deliver...

Bamboozler5000

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 04:17:47 AM

I haven't even check out a lot of other guys, but I knew BFL was legit..... but GOD DAMN are they slow to ship. I ordered/paid in Feb/2013, but likely won't receive until Spring 2014. [yoda]Fucking slow they are.[/yoda]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: