Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 01:31:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAM ICOs  (Read 237 times)
Ayamj (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:45:33 AM

I need advice from those that has been participating in ICO for long , how do i know than an ICO is a scame early enough
what are the signs.
 thanks
lutcor

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:47:57 AM

Do you offer services to identify benches projects? I did not understand a little about what it was all about or whether the branch was created to define benches projects? Explain please what is in question here.
iozver

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:48:42 AM

The very first sign is when on a preliminary sale they begin to sell a large number of coins at a discount. Stretching the timing or shifting them is also a sign.
rudolfaxl
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:20:58 PM

I can't be sure at any bounty campaign until I get paid. To choose a good campaign mostly I rely on a team and hype around the project. Second thing is the discount. I try to avoid projects with 50%+ of discount even at presale.
sebinator

Activity: 294
Merit: 113

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:21:41 PM

If the project has no real team, you can probably assume that this ICO is a scam. I know that there are a few projects with anonymous devs, but they are exception.
Hellobx

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:26:51 PM

I need advice from those that has been participating in ICO for long , how do i know than an ICO is a scame early enough
what are the signs.
 thanks
You can find these reviews on some of ICO's benchmark sites, analyze each of the ICO projects, and you'll get the answers you want.

Emilyp

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:55:28 PM

Please what of projects that has high percentage discount but those early investors tokens are locked for a period of time and released gradually., are those still considered as scam ICOs?
macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:01:17 PM

Fresh ICOs can't be easily found in icobench and icorating but that does not instantly means that the ICO is not legitimate. You still need to lend the ICO some time. You can also see the credibility of the manager to know whether it is fake or not. Read their whitepaper and scrutinize details.

Nana_Marini

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:03:08 PM

I ever what you feel guys. I had been joined in an ICO for early in campaign the manager active and often online give the progress of ICO but the end of limit campaign the manager offline until now  Huh So, be carefull guys when we decide join in an ICO Smiley
Snarks

Activity: 196
Merit: 17

EFFECT.AI▲Decentralized network for A.I

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:04:17 PM

It's a scam when there's very generic information in the white paper, the photos of the team members are taken from people unrelated to the ICO and their names don't match up.

Gabz999

Merit: 107

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:07:07 PM

what are the signs.
 thanks

Scam ICO's are really hard to identify whether it is a scam or a real. Better to have a research first about the projects and the developers behind that project before invest your money to them. Some projects don't have their clear informations like background of the developers and purpose of that coin to industry and community.
penig

Merit: 13

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:07:35 PM

If coin is heavily promoted through fanbois being paid from bounty programme with nothing detailed about the project, its probably at the scammy end. It may still do well price wise, but doubtful there will be a meaningful long term delivery of product and service.  
Ayamj (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:57:29 PM

i have participated in some ICO and i can swear the where real until the disapeared, its realy hard identifying them u know?
Crasengover

Activity: 336

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:10:39 PM

First of all is check each team member, if their linkedin account are real. If they are active in social accounts and if they promote their project everywhere. Also check how many people are in their telegramm and how supporting the team is. Read and watch reviews and ICO ratings. Good ICO usually has a huge hype.

Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:14:28 PM

Nothing could be better than making a research in the internet and reading the project's white paper. Just look thru different forums, maybe someone already had any experience with the same project. You should also read thru the whitepaper carefully and check all information. For example some scsam ICOs placed pictures of fake team members and advisors so on the early stages it is important to check linkedin profiles for some references to this project.
Just try to dig everything what seems suspicious and discuss it with the community.
charlie137

Activity: 1204
Merit: 220

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 04:18:17 PM

unfortunately even successful ICO can turn bad in no time. all you can do is to keep an eye on it 24/7 (rule #1)and catch the dump. or use notifications if ICO is on one of the sites you can pull meta from. it takes a lot of experience to spot a fraud, observe and study is good with small investments. and of course, you can make good cash with scam ICOs - just follow rule #1

/__      ___ (  /    
\\--`-'-|`---\\ |      AXErunners
 |' _/   ` __/ / 
 '._  W    ,--'     
    |_:_._/
Maveth13

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:27:52 PM

If the whole team is constantly exposing themselves to the public trying to promote and work on their project, then It's pretty much enough for me to trust the project. Though this will still not ensure that the ICO will be a success. And even if it did, most new coins are useless anyway.
cryptoux

Activity: 186

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:29:27 PM

what are the signs.
 thanks
If the whitepaper is good to be true,you can check the legitimacy of developers previous works to be sure.

lutcor

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:43:48 AM

A good idea here is to fold the ICO which turned out to be benches. But it is unlikely that something will come out of it because very few people take it seriously, what is written here and to what in order for the project to become a scaffold, very good reasons are needed
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:20:43 PM

what are the signs.
 thanks

If the project has an anonymous team, then there is a huge risk of getting scammed and I try to avoid such projects. You also need to see if the team has experience in such a field and how promising the idea will be.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: