Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:06:42 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Please help a newbie who do A LOT of mistakes  (Read 673 times)
gikere

Activity: 171
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:42:04 PM

Somehow, you have to experience the mistake to learn and be more cool head in the future. Goodluck.
cryptospear

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:43:54 PM

Hello,

Fist post here from a big newbie who started crypto at the end of December and only do mistake after mistake.

Mistake #1, I bought €400 of BCH at 3418$ during the CB "hack" back in December, hold till then. This was a extraordinary non sense action.

Mistake #2, yesterday I PANIC sold all my 253 XRP that I purchased at high prices such as €1.9 €2.1, 2.6€ for €552 (profit about €50) during the drop and CB ending the fake speculations. I was better to just go sleep, it already recovered a bit and I guess it will go higher in long therm.

Current portfolio at time of writing:
- 0.4 XMR at €305 (about €100 green)
- 7.6 EOS at €7 (about €100 green) 
- 0.15 BCH at 3418$  and 0.035 at €2286 (about €360 red)
- 30 XRP  at €2.45 (about €70 red)
- Available funds on account: €930.

After all, I am starting thinking that crypto isn't for me, I don't have the hindsight, the psycho neither the nerve to do it correctly and hold for long therm.  Some people tell me to buy again XRP. Other people tell me to only buy BCH and XMR which have use cases, all the other money are just good to purchase Pokemon cards, they are so many ALT and at the end only MS, Google and Apple will stay... Here on this forum, the users seems to have a divided opinion on XRP. I also read about Waves, NEO, ETP, ENG.. Now I see that bitcoin bounce and seem to affect a lot of things. As a very bad newbie I have a hard time to forge my own opinion and stay on my positions. 

I am not sure if this is a legitimate request: I am looking into advise to make a long therm portfolio with the remaining of my funds to possibly recover from my mess and stay a bit more relaxed. Note: I know that this money could be potentially lost in any case as there is always a risk.

Thanks,
The best thing to do is to have a lot of time researching about the alts so you can identify which coin is good investment,

◆  ◆  ◆  ◆      P L A Z A      ◆  ◆  ◆  ◆       The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]       PRE-SALE Starts    │    March 15th, 2018       [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM   GITHUB   MEDIUM   YOUTUBE   TWITTER   FLIPBOARD   REDDIT   LINKEDIN   FACEBOOK   EMAIL
cL0uD

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:48:56 PM

There's a cool saying that actually makes a lot of sense: buy at rumors, sell at news.
Try to keep up the news flow and you'll get pointers where to go.
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:49:54 PM

There is no formula for success but keep reading and learning from forums like this and chat groups eventually you learn to invest in sustainable projects which brings value to the cryptos.

Without tactics there is no success buddy, as you said you have to gather all the information about the bitcoin price movement in all the coins chart. You will get the knowledge as time goes from the time you comes to the forum.
There are some chat group are increases in the telegram which is used to learn about the concern investment option for the bitcoin and altcoin investment methods.
Bjorn4Bjorn

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:51:01 PM

I like to add to my portfolio (buy in) after a 20% or more correction in market overall.  i hold otherwise.  that way, i feel like when i add more funds i can get a quicker bump.
wanderloy

Activity: 182

PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:51:42 PM

There is no formula for success but keep reading and learning from forums like this and chat groups eventually you learn to invest in sustainable projects which brings value to the cryptos.

Indeed, there's no one become successful if we don't commit mistakes so we really need experiences in many aspects of Cryptocurrency because we really need to gain more experiences to avoid the same  mistakes in the future and its part of our cryptocurrency journey.
So, All I can say is we have different mistakes and I learn from mine and my friends'.

granchio

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:27:18 PM

Hello,

Fist post here from a big newbie who started crypto at the end of December and only do mistake after mistake.

Mistake #1, I bought €400 of BCH at 3418$ during the CB "hack" back in December, hold till then. This was a extraordinary non sense action.

Mistake #2, yesterday I PANIC sold all my 253 XRP that I purchased at high prices such as €1.9 €2.1, 2.6€ for €552 (profit about €50) during the drop and CB ending the fake speculations. I was better to just go sleep, it already recovered a bit and I guess it will go higher in long therm.

After all, I am starting thinking that crypto isn't for me, I don't have the hindsight, the psycho neither the nerve to do it correctly and hold for long therm.  Some people tell me to buy again XRP. Other people tell me to only buy BCH and XMR which have use cases, all the other money are just good to purchase Pokemon cards, they are so many ALT and at the end only MS, Google and Apple will stay... Here on this forum, the users seems to have a divided opinion on XRP. I also read about Waves, NEO, ETP, ENG.. Now I see that bitcoin bounce and seem to affect a lot of things. As a very bad newbie I have a hard time to forge my own opinion and stay on my positions. 

I am not sure if this is a legitimate request: I am looking into advise to make a long therm portfolio with the remaining of my funds to possibly recover from my mess and stay a bit more relaxed. Note: I know that this money could be potentially lost in any case as there is always a risk.

Thanks,

Do not make investments with the amounts which can give you economic crysis. Be ready for every kind of increasing or decreasing results. Make a lot of researchs about the coins, but make your decisions just on your own. Good luck!
Play0r (OP)

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:53:09 PM

Thanks all for your advises.

You have to be calm and make the right decision between buying and selling. You buy extremely high prices but sell at lower prices than the market. Therefore, I advise you not to focus on price increase or decrease. Do not be greedy without loss

The biggest mistake new people make is buying the top and selling lower. You need to buy when prices are red, don't chase the pumps, it might work out for you once or twice but in the long run you will get burnt by doing so. And also spend the time researching coins. The biggest profits are in those coins that most people have never heard about YET.

the only mistake that i see you making is buying altcoins that are already pumped like hell and then complaining about the money you lost after they got dumped.

As mention in the first post, I still have about 900€ I am willing to invest but I have no clue in what. Should I conclude from your responses that I may be too late to order more XRP as the price is now too high and even if I wait a correction or two it will be still a very risky move?

Dude, it's the only beginning. You earn a lot of experience with your mistakes. To make your decisions more deliberate you need to study trading. It's a serious thing that requires a lot of effort. Try to find an experienced and succeed guy who will teach you.

One "experienced" guy at office suggested me IOTA - XLM - BURST - FUN - ADA - TRX, I am not sure if this is the correct move...

Without tactics there is no success buddy, as you said you have to gather all the information about the bitcoin price movement in all the coins chart. You will get the knowledge as time goes from the time you comes to the forum.
There are some chat group are increases in the telegram which is used to learn about the concern investment option for the bitcoin and altcoin investment methods.

Trust me, i know how that feel mate. But we need to fix your strategy first, we not buy more when the coin up ( i mean me, im not buy while its keep growing) we buy when it go down. And also join some telegram or discord group who talk about daily trading, at least youll learn something though and try not to do same mistakes

I joined the XRP discord, it is pretty cahotical there, do you advise a specific one?
cryptopan

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:55:05 PM

Hello,

Thanks,
Its not a verygood move to dont have any BTCs in your portfolio,if the bear market comes you will lose a lot of money in alts.

__ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▇ █  TRADELIZE  █ ▇ ▅ ▃ ▂ __
█≣≣≣ICO Starts :April 17,2018≣≣≣█▃Your laser sword in Cryptocurrency Trading ▃█≣≣≣   whitepaper   ≣≣≣█         
≣     Onepager     ≣     ANN Thread     ≣     Facebook     ≣     Telegram     ≣     Twitter     ≣
sean.maley

Activity: 85

Machine Learning & AI - Trustless Ledger System

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:39:50 PM

Somehow, you have to experience the mistake to learn and be more cool head in the future. Goodluck.

this is golden rule. if you do not make mistake you don't really learn. it doesn't matter how much we tell you to do exactly what to do, it has no value unless you experience by yourself.

johstacy

Activity: 225
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:41:48 PM

You must make your own decision. But I will say three things that I heard from others and I think that it will be so.

1. Aion - you need to buy it at a price of up to 7-9 bucks. In the course of six months it will grow to a minimum of 20 bucks.
2. Ethereum or bitcoin. Your money is safe. You can at any time buy for them that coin, which is waiting for the fall. I was so waiting for the fall of NEO when I wanted to buy 50, but waited a month and bought for 32.
3. Well, my voice for NEO too. Now $ 100 is expensive, follow the course, it may drop to 80 or so.

IfixTchenTchen

Activity: 149

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:07:56 PM

I can understand you because this is my story of 2014, when I have entered crypto - whatever I would do I would lose money. So after 6 months I quit, because I couldn't handle the stress and I had finished the money I was willing to risk (a few thousand bucks), but I didn't sell any of my coins which had ALL lost over 90%.
In April 2017 everything started to rise and as soon as my coins got to their original value I sold them to get back my few thousands of bucks. Had I kept them I would now have 3 Million $.
So the lesson is never panic sell, never panic buy, hold your coins until you are REALLY happy to sell them. Be patient and cold blooded. I have learnt the lesson, and now I am slowly rising my assets again.
NerdYale

Activity: 276

BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:55:57 AM

You know even if you are no longer a newbie,  mistakes are still possible.  All you can do is learn from your mistakes and dont invest in huge amount until you get the hang of it.  Invest only in little amounts,  losing is really part in this world.  I think only in btc and eth you can confidently invest much,  but for other altcoins,  Im not sure.

Carmen01

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:20:06 AM

Your newbie now then mistake is only way to learn so think positive you already experience that so learn from that then do invest again you can earn here what you lose it's only the cycle here in crypto you needto understand that you can lose also if you made some mistake but still don't repeat that again and move on,nothing gonna happen if you do not do anything so start now to earn.

valnd

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

Until the end of time

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:36:35 AM

As a newbie first lesson you need to lesson is FOMO. crypto traders always have patience . you started with alot of money. you can make it big.
Don't panic. buy at deep no mattter how long it takes. also learn how to hold. it might take a coin you buy fews day to actually turn into gain.
coins will always go up and down but dont panic. Set your goals and stick with it.
awazieik

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 02:38:42 AM

Hello,

Thanks,

Great and you have got your experience about the volatile market. From your thread, it seems that you are better off hodling long term than short term. I suggest you pick alt coins you believe in and you are willing to hold on for more than two years to avoid the panics.

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:43:46 AM

Making mistake by newbie is not a big deal, almost everyone higher ranked people here must have made a mistake in one way or the other but, we learn from those mistakes. What I will advice is that such person should be guided by other users posts, read updates and news, search for steps needed per time to be at a better side.
alieknov

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:51:31 AM

Newbies should ask for assistance from those who are experienced in this kind of thing. They should learn all the basics before entering and they must follow all the instructions assigned to them.
LightNestling

Activity: 69

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:55:08 AM

Learn from your mistake I guess. Learn not to panic and stay calm in every situation. Learn how to analyze and sense from the community if there is a dump or pump.
Cryptoguru274

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 03:05:06 AM

Turn your purchases to devalued coins and not top coins. Allow them for a period of 6 months and sell off those without any positive change after that period. That's my latest strategy.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: