Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:32:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Please help a newbie who do A LOT of mistakes  (Read 672 times)
UFO2018

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:08:38 AM

I am a newbie too. Once I clicked sell for buying! What a disaster!! Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gotomoon

Activity: 719
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:10:41 AM

When you are a newbie, dont lose hope when at first you are experiencing of loses. The important when you do trading never buy when price at expensive, always buy at cheaper. Analyze the market and dont panic.
zoom_rich

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:34:16 AM

As a person who has lost everything and learned that it's ok. Just put your money into something and forget about. When you know that it's ok to lose it all, it becomes easier to invest and not panic.
bitcoinbox

Activity: 675
Merit: 254

So far so good

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:27:54 AM

The money you lost is not a loss, it is an investment. Gaining experience in crypto cost money and time.
Now you need to ask yourself what did you learn since a few days?
If you buy/sell crypto, never react emotionally, this is the basic rule of the succesful trader/investor.
mrcastelo

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:32:10 AM

I think most of us experience making a  mistakes when it comes to trading especially when you buy on the resistance and you sell at the support or you buy when the price is high (FOMO) and sell when it is low (FUD). If you make research on the altcoin you bought and believe that in the future it will grow you should hold on it when the price goes down and buy more instead of selling it.
kiver

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:35:27 AM

sorry if you had some bad strikes i myself had my fair share of loses which isn't small but that didn't make me quit in fact it made me stronger it made me learn and read more and more about crypto watching the news anlysing the market seeing which is a great project and which my advise for is to read and learn from your mistake invest at your own risk dont ask anyone about any project some people might point you to the wrong direction there are some really good project with a great development that doesn't have much publicity at the moment advise to go invest in some of them i won't point out any project in particular just do your own research and don't panic iam sure you will recover from your losses just need some time...
tobatz23

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:55:35 AM

That was a lesson learned but it will give you more experience from it, learn from your mistakes until you become success from what you do.
AzureDragon

Activity: 244
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:58:00 AM

I recommend you not to succumb to a short-term panic. You should study the cryptocurrency data more carefully for at least three months.
Baronggot

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 06:02:17 AM

The idea is very simple. Look for altcoins with cheap value but with great potential and have a thorough research on it as to the developer, team, its significance and others. Since they are not on the top 50s, they are likely not to get an attention by people without knowing it's a stone that turns into a gem.

sazon84

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 06:06:45 AM

1. You don't need to wait for a quick profit. 2. If the coin promising not to sell at a loss, NEVER! it will grow, even if this will take half a year or more. 3. Don't panic!!! The last point comes with experience. After a few serious drawdowns and losses I have learned to treat everything calmly

ETERBASE             Europe's Premier             ETERBASE
——————  Digital Asset Exchange  ——————
  Whitepaper    Telegram Twitter Discord      Announce 
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 06:21:40 AM

why do you sell when the market is red. you should have wait and sell when the coin has rise. the problem with most newbie is that you think you can become a millionaire in just few weeks by trading crypto. this is not so you can not outsmart the market. you panicly sold your coin for lesser price. trading doesnot guarranty you will make profit but decision matters alot. buy when the market is red hold and sell when it is green.
mixelalex

Activity: 193
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 06:37:33 AM

I think in this case you better calm down and take your time with decisions. If you understand that money can be lost, it is better to wait for adjustments. And at this time, sit on the forum and read the information. And more in the Telegram groups. The experience of losses is inevitable for beginners. So those who can not withstand these price jumps are eliminated. Big profits are a big risk. HODL!
rommelzkie

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 06:56:31 AM

Don't jump on trading when you are making a lot of mistake. Its is much better to practice first. you can make a demo account in forex because it is somehow similar with crypto trading. when you are ready and comfortable with your trades, then start your crypto trading. just start with small amount. don't learn your lesson the hard way its very hard and sometimes other people commit suicide.

JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 08:40:13 AM

the only thing I can do to help is to give an advice to read absolutely everything written on the forum in this project branch, then you need to read the white paper of the project. These two components must necessarily be performed otherwise there will be a great chance of losing your money.
FiiNALiZE

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 08:48:41 AM

Hello,

Fist post here from a big newbie who started crypto at the end of December and only do mistake after mistake.

Mistake #1, I bought €400 of BCH at 3418$ during the CB "hack" back in December, hold till then. This was a extraordinary non sense action.

Mistake #2, yesterday I PANIC sold all my 253 XRP that I purchased at high prices such as €1.9 €2.1, 2.6€ for €552 (profit about €50) during the drop and CB ending the fake speculations. I was better to just go sleep, it already recovered a bit and I guess it will go higher in long therm.

Current portfolio at time of writing:
- 0.4 XMR at €305 (about €100 green)
- 7.6 EOS at €7 (about €100 green) 
- 0.15 BCH at 3418$  and 0.035 at €2286 (about €360 red)
- 30 XRP  at €2.45 (about €70 red)
- Available funds on account: €930.

After all, I am starting thinking that crypto isn't for me, I don't have the hindsight, the psycho neither the nerve to do it correctly and hold for long therm.  Some people tell me to buy again XRP. Other people tell me to only buy BCH and XMR which have use cases, all the other money are just good to purchase Pokemon cards, they are so many ALT and at the end only MS, Google and Apple will stay... Here on this forum, the users seems to have a divided opinion on XRP. I also read about Waves, NEO, ETP, ENG.. Now I see that bitcoin bounce and seem to affect a lot of things. As a very bad newbie I have a hard time to forge my own opinion and stay on my positions. 

I am not sure if this is a legitimate request: I am looking into advise to make a long therm portfolio with the remaining of my funds to possibly recover from my mess and stay a bit more relaxed. Note: I know that this money could be potentially lost in any case as there is always a risk.

Thanks,
If your coins is giving you a negative balance then you just have to keep them for a little while longer.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
zenman0

Activity: 109

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 08:58:24 AM

Nobody can tell you which coins will run good in long term, but the one thing you always should remember: hodl the coins you personally believe in. Do not make decisions because of this forum or any other platform. Always use your own brain and then make decisions.
tenebriscaelum

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:13:02 AM

It is a part of being a newbie to make mistakes experience is the best teacher. One of the mistakes that people make is that they panic by just a glimpse of drop of a specific crypto. Also be sure of what you want to do are you a investor or a trader because if you are the former the all you just need to do is find cryptos that will have higher prices in the next months and just HOLD, and if you are the latter you must be a risk taker and be smart on what how to trade also never panic because you will lose if you do that.
Play0r (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:44:24 AM

Thanks all for the many great advises and reassuring comments.
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:41:20 AM

We all made mistakes even reading the mistakes of others, so making mistakes is normal, because we are people, we have to make mistakes otherwise we will be machines. But of course in crypto, it is better to minimize the probability of error, because the errors here are very expensive
JMD07

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:16:08 AM

Mistakes is a result of failure to prepared.
It's normal to a person. You just need to learned from that experiences that it will not happen again or just minimize the error because nobody is perfect.
Start again don't give up, find some friend who is knowledgeable in trading. Read some threads about trading in crypto, study the coin how it moves. Am sure you will succeed.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: