Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:05:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] 1 USB Block Erupter  (Read 599 times)
KingOfSports (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Acc bought - used solely for signature testing

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 08:28:37 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2013, 06:18:37 PM by KingOfSports

Bought 1 USB Erupter from Canary for .55 BTC.

Boelens

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 10:23:45 AM

Looking to buy 1 USB Block Erupter for 0.50 BTC shipped. The ones that hash at roughly 330 Mh/s. If you are trusted and have history I will send first. If you are not trusted or do not meet what I feel is worthy enough history then I will ask you to send the block erupter first or we can use a trusted escrow such as JohnK or DannyHamilton. My reputation can be found in my trust page and also my reputation thread link found in my signature. I will split the escrow fee with you if we use one. I live on the east coast of the United States and would prefer being sold from someone in the US as well.

PM or comment if interested in selling. Thanks!

>>>>Also couple questions, do these miners hash at similar speeds for alternate currencies? And does it work as fast on a Mac? I know the GPU's for Macbooks are horrible and that is the computer I use.

Don't have one for sale for ya, but I don't think you can use the block erupters for alt currencies. And it should work just as fast on a Mac, the GPU may be bad, but the power is inside the erupter.
mitty

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 12:19:51 PM

These will only work with SHA-256 based alt-currencies.  That means no litecoin/feathercoin/etc. The unit will hash at the same speed (~330 Mh/s) for any supported (i.e. SHA-256 based) coin.

Check your coin here: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/List_of_alternative_cryptocurrencies

And this is slightly above your price but you can get them at 0.55btc each for 1-9 devices here from CanaryInTheMine: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=264633.0
(0.50 for 10-14)

I used CanaryInTheMine's service and was happy with it.
Van3cespencer7

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:35:01 PM

I have read bad things about this user. I would highly recommend escrow. 
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:40:41 PM

so have i, but i've seen little evidence to back it up. then again, i'm an accused scammer my self so take my word with a grain of salt.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Van3cespencer7

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:48:45 PM

so have i, but i've seen little evidence to back it up. then again, i'm an accused scammer my self so take my word with a grain of salt.

Well it wouldn't hurt to protect yourself and use escrow. I haven't seen anyone demand goods be sent before payment is received.
mitty

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:13:31 PM

I have no relation with or anything to gain by vouching for CanaryInTheMine but I bought 6.6 BTC worth of USB Block Erupters from him with no escrow and received my miners with no problems.  I paid, PM'd him my address, got a tracking number a few days later, and had the miners in hand a couple days after that.  Tons of people seem to be buying the USB erupters from him without any issues.  The only dirt I could find is someone claiming he's a scammer because he wouldn't pay for a won auction where the seller wouldn't take escrow and demanded he pay first.

I'm not gaining anything by vouching for CITM.  I just think his service is currently the cheapest way to get a USB miner and don't see any reason not to trust him. 

I think BTCGuild is selling them for 0.60 btc if you're willing to pay more for a bigger name vendor.
KingOfSports (OP)

Activity: 602

Acc bought - used solely for signature testing

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:35:53 PM

Well it wouldn't hurt to protect yourself and use escrow. I haven't seen anyone demand goods be sent before payment is received.

Escrow is fine as in my OP, those "bad comments" you've seen are a single person trying to say I say scammed for 1 BTC. I can give you names of people I have done deals with no escrows where they sent first for at least $500 on here and their feedback is evident of that. Believe what you want. I would not be surprised honestly if this van3cespencer7 is the same person accusing me, he goes by many alternate names on sealswithclubs.eu and on here.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: