Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:09:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin Experience More Price Volatility in 2018?  (Read 928 times)
loveinberlin

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:36:19 AM

I think that Bitcoin should become more or less stable. For example, it is stable for half a year and then starts growing gradually. I think that in 2018 we will see some change for the better and have good trading chances

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LuciferEveningStar

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:32:00 PM

by David Drake

In 2017, Bitcoin recorded the most unprecedented gains, making it the most sought after cryptocurrency in the market. As a result, most people are buying Bitcoin for speculative purposes with the hope of cashing on price increases.

Having risen to a high of nearly $20,000 in mid December, Bitcoin experienced high volatility towards the end of 2017, raising the question of whether its price could plunge to below $10,000. But as HOQU's Co-Founder and CEO, Alex Shmonov notes, high volatility is nothing new to Bitcoin.

"The price of Bitcoin has always been very volatile even on fake news as many people buy this asset for the sake of speculation and profit. The reality is that the entire crypto market can flop by 90% and this will be normal. We saw this with Bitcoin before. But after some time and after the dust has settled, prices will return to new heights, because progress will go further and people will understand that the problems that caused the drop are resolved or almost solved," he says.

Even so, certain factors fuel the volatility of Bitcoin, and one such factor is government statements on cryptocurrency regulation. On Thursday 28th of December, 2017, Bitcoin prices plunged by the double digits following the announcement of fresh regulations in the world's third largest cryptocurrency market, South Korea. Going by the trend set by this southern peninsula, there’s no doubt that more price swings in the cryptocurrency market will follow.

"The volatility in the price action mirrors the uncertainty in world regulation. Each positive statement from a country or exchange sees a boost in the Bitcoin price, and each proposed clampdown produces a price drop. Changes in regulation is the key price driver for Bitcoin and that won’t change in 2018. I think price volatility will increase this year, this will not be a time for the faint hearted. Reduce your exposure to price volatility by diversifying a little of your portfolio - now," says Linda Leaney, CFO at Globcoin.

According to Marcus Vandea, CEO of Playfold, Bitcoin has a highly volatile nature. But even with its price swings, it’ll be hard for its value to drop below the $10,000 mark.

"High volatility will always be an intrinsic part of Bitcoin, with 30% shifts that always happened but are now more noticeable because of its high value. It’s difficult to believe that Bitcoin will plunge below $10000, as it is now more popular and desired than ever. But extreme value swings will keep happening and will keep discouraging the light hearted investors," he says.

Bitcoin braved the turbulence in 2017, increasing its value from $1000 in January to reach a high of $19,700 in early December, before closing the year at about $14,000.

There will be always a price volatility, the reason why bitcoins is good for long term investment is because of the volatility of the market so there should be no questions about volatility of the market because it was just normal.
DPrillio

Activity: 693
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:04:17 PM

In crypto currency world we should always assume volatility because of past movement of prices but it just from the begining but now it seems that it start to stabilized or when it moves it will just pump up.
Volatility of a coin is just an effect of any market changes and this is because of a traders and investors that keep on coming for buying and selling on the market, the popularity of bitcoin are increasing then more people from different places in the world are start venturing for this new technology of financial system making the markets more volatile.

Greenkarki

Activity: 420
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:37:29 PM

I think the worst is over. That insane dip was truly scary and i though I'd have to say goodbye to ny investments. But then again, as the market recovers now. I think the price will continue to rise with a few minor dips here and there. Unless another government will ban BTC and there wil be a surge of supply again i the market. But I'm confident that it will still recover and get stronger even from that.

I would screen the same. The worst situation has gone away it seems. Almost it has been 3 weeks, we could see a recovery in price growth. Every altcoin has shown its green lights almost everyday. Just look at today's growth in bitcoin price. Almost $500 hike has been seen and its still expected to grow along with other altcoins values as well. Though last 3 days remained bit negative but not too much, it has recovered now i would say. Hope this continues.

weblouartisan

Activity: 448

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:44:29 PM

I think the worst is over. That insane dip was truly scary and i though I'd have to say goodbye to ny investments. But then again, as the market recovers now. I think the price will continue to rise with a few minor dips here and there. Unless another government will ban BTC and there wil be a surge of supply again i the market. But I'm confident that it will still recover and get stronger even from that.

Volatility is not bad, it only means that wiser people will get a huge advantage on trading because some of them are just hoping for price drops in order to earn a huge amount of profit and that is what the nature of trading does in the market.

Komorhan

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:40:22 PM

I think the bitcoin should be between $ 10,000 and $ 20,000. What's more, what's less. to believe in great dreams. most people will hurt you.
malbano2099

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:10:45 AM

I thoroughly consider the most noticeably bad is. That crazy plunge was genuinely unnerving and I however I'd need to state farewell to ny speculations. Be that as it may, on the other hand, as the market recoups now. I figure the cost will keep on rising with a couple of minor plunges all over. Unless another legislature will boycott BTC and there wil be a surge of supply again I the market. Yet, I'm certain that it will in any case recuperate and get more grounded even from that.
Escf4

Activity: 364
Merit: 3

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:19:40 AM

Yes I believe that bitcoin will experience more price volatility in 2018, we can not say no because the market is experiencing the volatility of price value so this be happenning to bitcoin too. bitcoin will experience a negative and positive volatility in the price value in the coin market index.

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
www.gigzi.com
elghoniya

Activity: 111

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:33:49 AM

by David Drake

In 2017, Bitcoin recorded the most unprecedented gains, making it the most sought after cryptocurrency in the market. As a result, most people are buying Bitcoin for speculative purposes with the hope of cashing on price increases.

Having risen to a high of nearly $20,000 in mid December, Bitcoin experienced high volatility towards the end of 2017, raising the question of whether its price could plunge to below $10,000. But as HOQU's Co-Founder and CEO, Alex Shmonov notes, high volatility is nothing new to Bitcoin.

"The price of Bitcoin has always been very volatile even on fake news as many people buy this asset for the sake of speculation and profit. The reality is that the entire crypto market can flop by 90% and this will be normal. We saw this with Bitcoin before. But after some time and after the dust has settled, prices will return to new heights, because progress will go further and people will understand that the problems that caused the drop are resolved or almost solved," he says.

Even so, certain factors fuel the volatility of Bitcoin, and one such factor is government statements on cryptocurrency regulation. On Thursday 28th of December, 2017, Bitcoin prices plunged by the double digits following the announcement of fresh regulations in the world's third largest cryptocurrency market, South Korea. Going by the trend set by this southern peninsula, there’s no doubt that more price swings in the cryptocurrency market will follow.

"The volatility in the price action mirrors the uncertainty in world regulation. Each positive statement from a country or exchange sees a boost in the Bitcoin price, and each proposed clampdown produces a price drop. Changes in regulation is the key price driver for Bitcoin and that won’t change in 2018. I think price volatility will increase this year, this will not be a time for the faint hearted. Reduce your exposure to price volatility by diversifying a little of your portfolio - now," says Linda Leaney, CFO at Globcoin.

According to Marcus Vandea, CEO of Playfold, Bitcoin has a highly volatile nature. But even with its price swings, it’ll be hard for its value to drop below the $10,000 mark.

"High volatility will always be an intrinsic part of Bitcoin, with 30% shifts that always happened but are now more noticeable because of its high value. It’s difficult to believe that Bitcoin will plunge below $10000, as it is now more popular and desired than ever. But extreme value swings will keep happening and will keep discouraging the light hearted investors," he says.

Bitcoin braved the turbulence in 2017, increasing its value from $1000 in January to reach a high of $19,700 in early December, before closing the year at about $14,000.

I think, investor will use 2017 to make many invest in bitcoin , Demand will rise and price will rise more and more.Bitcoin will Experience More Price Volatility in 2018, maybe in the end year we will see it.

patarfweefwee

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:20:34 AM

While it's true that bitcoin now is very much volatile, i still believe that in the coming years crypto currencies will eventually be stable and have less and less fluctuations. But then again, we gain the most profits in bitcoin's volatile nature.

airdrophunter

Activity: 434

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:09:02 AM

With the past few months since January, we have seen how bitcoin and the cryptoworld have shaken because of crashes but as what they say, it's natural and so they're right as bitcoin has started to recover back again, slowly. I expect, there's more price volatility of bitcoin (be it a price hike or fluctuations in a drastic way.)

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                          
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
bulantoy12345

Activity: 200

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 02:40:39 PM

Yes, volatility is normal because there is transactions happened at crypto market. If the price is stable and not moving how are we going to earn if the price is not rising at the market. And how are we going to earn high if we cannot invest at a lower price when value price of bitcoin and top altcoins will not go dip. Volatility at bitcoin and altcoins are healthy for me. It is our strategy and responsibility of how are we going to make our investments at bitcoin and altcoins profitable in the future. Good strategy = good profits in the future.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS      [ TowerX ]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK        MEDIUM        TWITTER        LINKEDIN        REDDIT        TELEGRAM
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 05:15:05 PM

Volatility is not bad, it only means that wiser people will get a huge advantage on trading because some of them are just hoping for price drops in order to earn a huge amount of profit and that is what the nature of trading does in the market.
Volatility is actually one of the main reasons why the whole idea of trading bitcoin exists in the first place. Traders love some huge level of volatility as that is how they benefit a lot from the market anyway.

No one can actually know if we will end up experiencing more volatility in this year, but obviously, the market has been pretty volatile over the years, so I do not see what is more, or what is less compared to what we have been having. Volatility is volatility and I expect that we are still in that phase and going to be there for a while.
komatovo

Activity: 71

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 05:22:48 PM

Volatility is actually one of the main reasons why the whole idea of trading bitcoin exists in the first place. Traders love some huge level of volatility as that is how they benefit a lot from the market anyway.

No one can actually know if we will end up experiencing more volatility in this year, but obviously, the market has been pretty volatile over the years, so I do not see what is more, or what is less compared to what we have been having. Volatility is volatility and I expect that we are still in that phase and going to be there for a while.
The price of Bitcoin has always been very volatile even on fake news as many people buy this asset for the sake of speculation and profit. The reality is that the entire crypto market can flop by 50% and this will be normal.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:34:41 PM

Yes I believe that bitcoin will experience more price volatility in 2018, we can not say no because the market is experiencing the volatility of price value so this be happenning to bitcoin too. bitcoin will experience a negative and positive volatility in the price value in the coin market index.
I really do not understand what you guys are implying as more volatility. The market has been very volatile over the years and nothing is at least changing that any time soon, so whichever way, we are still in the moment of volatility, and however the future is going to be playing out is best known to the future and no one can actually expect anything from it as it is now, except for us to just follow the trend and see where it leads.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:27:36 PM

I think that Bitcoin should become more or less stable. For example, it is stable for half a year and then starts growing gradually. I think that in 2018 we will see some change for the better and have good trading chances
   I believe in the Bitcoin whatever the situations may be I will prefer Bitcoin because it will lead you towards success sometimes it gets late but your direction will always towards success. The price increase in good for investors and the price decrease favor the people to buy and invest and about the investors invested in high price will definitely wait for the price to jump. By December 2018 the price will be at the peaks of the mountains.
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1158

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 04:13:52 AM

I think the bitcoin should be between $ 10,000 and $ 20,000. What's more, what's less. to believe in great dreams. most people will hurt you.
Keep thinking bro, because that is what you are ever going to be able to do. We cannot think what bitcoin should be, we can only get to see any levels based on the trend when they come. We cannot expect so much at the moment though and things may even still look a bit horrific in the short term but that does not change the great moments for bitcoin in the coming years which we are all optimistic is going to be bright.

However, whatever the year brings, it would bring, and we cannot assume anything for the market.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
michellee

Activity: 2772
Merit: 842

🐺Spinarium.com🐺 - iGaming casino

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 05:26:08 AM

since the last December, we have seen the price is getting down and up and it makes the price is too volatile and makes people confuse about the bitcoin movement. and I think in this year, bitcoin will moving down and up too often than before and we need to stay alert about this so we can prevent before it's happening. besides that, we can try to still buy and sell more bitcoin especially if the price is matched with what we want so we could still make a profit in this year.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.SIGN UP.
webdevmastery

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 05:44:18 AM

I agree with the part of high volatility is the intrinsic value of Bitcoin, couldn't agree more. Bitcoin is used as an investment ride these days, people are using Bitcoin price volatility to gain profit or loss  Grin. As long as Bitcoin is volatile, more and more people are going to know Bitcoin.

Yes you are right, cryptocurrency volatility is the reason why there are a lot of traders who are interested on trading in the market so there is no way that bitcoin will lose its investors since people are keep on joining this bitcoin community.
boksoon

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:04:22 AM

by David Drake

Indeed! and will surely increase as time goes by. It seems like they serves as the back up of most arising coins. Also many investors are being interested to bitcoins and many big companies are being involved with crypto currency especially to bitcoins.
Seems like a good time for the future investors.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: