Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:41:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You must read the last MYETHERWALLET announcement  (Read 243 times)
Digital Mutant (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:18:02 PM

Please stay secure out there. The spectre vulns are NOT going to be fun, especially if you have keys on your computer.

Read this thread on Twitter, in the discussion there are many links of utility.

Please post something on this thread in orderto keep it alive in the timeline and help the Ethereum/tokens users and community on Bitcointalk:

https://twitter.com/myetherwallet/status/948963012479614976
kolesozw
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:26:36 PM

Please stay secure out there. The spectre vulns are NOT going to be fun, especially if you have keys on your computer.

Please post something on this thread in orderto keep it alive in the timeline and help the Ethereum/tokens users and community on Bitcointalk:

They are talking about Intel's 2 major security holes in hardware design. The info was published few days back and all Intel's processors in past 10 years are fucked up.
Major corporation knew about this for months, it just leaked now to the public.

cryptoux

Activity: 186
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:35:14 PM

They are talking about Intel's 2 major security holes in hardware design. The info was published few days back and all Intel's processors in past 10 years are fucked up.
I agree with you its already been out for days,they just leaked it to spread fud.

IgniHash

Activity: 224

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:45:13 PM

I agree with you its already been out for days,they just leaked it to spread fud.

Who is spreading FUD? Myetherwallet or Intel? I become paranoid now. So, do i have to store my credential off to my PC. Currently i'am using linux and Windows 10. With I3 6600 Skylake Processors.

Avirunes
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 05:15:31 PM

Who is spreading FUD? Myetherwallet or Intel? I become paranoid now. So, do i have to store my credential off to my PC. Currently i'am using linux and Windows 10. With I3 6600 Skylake Processors.

I think Windows 10 received a patch KAISER in KB4056892. Run windows update and check for the update. There is further instruction here as you might not be able to see the update package in windows update as update needs to be unlocked by deploying registers key: https://blog.trendmicro.com/fixing-meltdown-spectre-vulnerabilities/
Rudementry

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:37:44 PM

Thank you. Now I will launch updates. Again hackers found a weak point. I'm going to update the chrome. Thanks again. Security is very important, especially when dealing with crypto-currencies and personal information.
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:39:28 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2018, 05:59:00 PM by kevoh

Thank you very much for this timely information. I will be sharing this news on telegram groups and whatsapp groups that I am part of.

Meanwhile, I understand there are security update patches that have been released for the various OS to protect devices against spectre and meltdown attacks. Security update patch for chrome web browser will be released on 23rd of January, 2018. In the meantime, chrome users can enable site isolation feature.
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:40:05 PM

I think it is high time we need decentralized processors and computers, phishing, hacking and straling cannot not be avoided 100% in the traditional set of equipment and devices and softwares.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:41:58 PM

That is part of the reason why it's better to have a wallet that is stored offline somewhere instead of just on Myetherwallet.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
sale.kripta

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:54:00 PM

In recent days, hacker attacks on the crypto world have become more frequent, just in case, launched all the updates on the laptop.
Prince Malik

Activity: 924
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:17:23 PM

Thank you very mush this is very important... all myetherwallet users must read this announcement

██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██
bucksman5233

Activity: 264
Merit: 100

TV TWO - Connect your TV to ETH Blockchain

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 06:23:31 PM

Thanks for sharing this info.
Many myetherwallet users are getting phised nowadays especially the new comers who have less experience in keeping the account safe.
Don't lose your hard earned money, safety is very important. Use hardware wallets.

randythered

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:27:26 PM

Someone can spell this out for me clearly what this is actually talking about? Not the most tech savvy but sounds like some sort of vulnerability?

aurorabitcoin.96

Activity: 210

Never DO AIRDROPS

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:32:04 PM

I dont get clearly what happens with MEW again. And what's the main issues between Intel and MEW?

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
sister1001

Activity: 237
Merit: 43

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:32:43 PM

For what I know we are all pretty much screwed by this bug. Even ARM processor and some of the AMD, but INTEL for sure. Just donwload and install the patch ASAP, it is available from Microsoft. I don´t know how to sort it in LINUX.

Google is releasing an update too. This situation is a nightmare.

Hosam Mazawi

Activity: 129

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:34:03 PM

no rest in this world  Huh
Mrs Troll

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:36:55 PM

They wrote how to secure Chrome browser with "enable-site-per-process" option but do other browsers have something similar that I need to configure?
valuater

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:45:12 PM

my pc desktop is still using an old series Intel processor (dual core) it may be time to switch to a device that uses the most recent intel processor
jackhdt

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:57:38 PM

Sincerely thanks. some new updates from windown 10 and site isolation enabled
I don't know the first thing about Strict site isolation. someone please help me understand it

Make me great again
lamcouz

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:01:54 PM

So it effecitvely means if I'm on a latest laptop model with better CPU then there should be no problem, is it?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: