Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:13:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Specie Project sponsored by the makers of New Liberty Dollar  (Read 88382 times)
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 04:40:28 PM

That would allow us to do much more than we are already to take bitcoin to places where the internet doesn't reach.

By "us" do you mean the bitcoin community in general or New Liberty Dollar?

Just wondering if you have ideas/plans for helping bitcoin work offline.

Still around.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 06:41:11 PM

That would allow us to do much more than we are already to take bitcoin to places where the internet doesn't reach.

By us, I am referring to the folks working on the Bitcoin Specie Project, many are not affiliated with NLD.

For bitcoin working offline, the specie pieces are the first effort.
The specie pieces are essentially offline value tokens for bitcoin, that also do not take any bitcoin out of the blockchain transactions (so no risk of lost bitcoin).  In the endgame, when bitcoin has a more stable value, is accepted most anywhere at point of sale (not just online), and there are vastly more transactions needing processing, using specie for small transactions will make a lot of sense.  No delay for confirmations, no miner fee, no blockchain transaction record, complete fungability, as well as solving many of the other criticisms common to bitcoin's critics.
We suspect that there will be others doing something similar, and are happy to assist those that would like to try.  Competition is good, and as mentioned, this is not a way to get rich.  Making money on creating circulation pieces doesn't make sense to us, anything we would make on those would debase them of their circulating value.  
The collector pieces we DO sell at a profit, and that pays for a fraction of the expenses, so we keep costs low and mostly are volunteering the time and effort.

We do have other plans to extend this, including paper wallet and/or warehouse receipt using highly secure printing methods for anti-counterfeiting.  We have some expertise in this as well and would be happy to contribute when there is sufficient demand to support such an issuance.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
edd
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 06:50:31 PM

By us, I am referring to the folks working on the Bitcoin Specie Project, many are not affiliated with NLD.

For bitcoin working offline, the specie pieces are the first effort.
The specie pieces are essentially offline value tokens for bitcoin, that also do not take any bitcoin out of the blockchain transactions (so no risk of lost bitcoin).  In the endgame, when bitcoin has a more stable value, is accepted most anywhere at point of sale (not just online), and there are vastly more transactions needing processing, using specie for small transactions will make a lot of sense.  No delay for confirmations, no miner fee, no blockchain transaction record, complete fungability, as well as solving many of the other criticisms common to bitcoin's critics.
We suspect that there will be others doing something similar, and are happy to assist those that would like to try.  Competition is good, and as mentioned, this is not a way to get rich.  Making money on creating circulation pieces doesn't make sense to us, anything we would make on those would debase them of their circulating value.  
The collector pieces we DO sell at a profit, and that pays for a fraction of the expenses, so we keep costs low and mostly are volunteering the time and effort.

We do have other plans to extend this, including paper wallet and/or warehouse receipt using highly secure printing methods for anti-counterfeiting.  We have some expertise in this as well and would be happy to contribute when there is sufficient demand to support such an issuance.

Very interesting. If you plan on attending the upcoming conference in Austin, it would be great to meet up again and discuss this.

I just received my order, BTW, and they look great!

Still around.
NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 06:52:26 PM

Very interesting. If you plan on attending the upcoming conference in Austin, it would be great to meet up again and discuss this.

I just received my order, BTW, and they look great!

OK, I'll pick up a ticket and see you there.  Smiley

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
silversurfa078

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:30:37 AM

Hi,Thanks for your reply. You stated anyone can buy them. Directly you mean? I have looked on your website(?). Am I looking in the wrong place? Cheers.
NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 03:21:08 AM

Hi,Thanks for your reply. You stated anyone can buy them. Directly you mean? I have looked on your website(?). Am I looking in the wrong place? Cheers.

You can get them direct from me certainly, but there are better places if you are after just a few.  HardBTC.org, AgoraCommodities.com, Bitgild.com to name a few, and there are many others depending on where you are.  On ebay you take your chances, we've come across some fakes.

The distribution model allows anyone to join the project because the more you get, the better the premium is.  This means if you are getting them from a high volume retailer, you may also get a better price than if you get them from me as the retailer may pass on savings.  Generally they are also better at doing retail sales and are more responsive.

You can also combine a purchase with others to get a better price, and some folks earn theirs just by doing that sort of organizing for their meetup group.

This is to allow anyone who wants to start a Bitcoin business, but is not sure what to do, and wants an easy way to get started, can do so.
You essentially get a franchise without the franchise fee and responsibilities.

NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 12:59:04 AM

The current batch that is available is the pre-hobbed, first strike batch.
There are only 2500 of these for the 2014.  It seems folks are hodling them rather than spending them.
I'm thinking of marking the one's I spend.  Let me know if you see one out there?

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:28:50 PM

You can get them direct from me certainly, but there are better places if you are after just a few.  HardBTC.org, AgoraCommodities.com, Bitgild.com to name a few

When I look at HardBTC.org I don't see any method for buying the Bitcoin specie.  

I do see the link for buying from Agora Commodities:
 - https://agoracommodities.com/product/silver-bitcoin-specie

On ebay you take your chances, we've come across some fakes.

Fake silver bullion (e.g., Morgans) ... or do you mean there has actually been fake Bitcoin specie?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

edd
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 01:24:37 AM

On ebay you take your chances, we've come across some fakes.

Fake silver bullion (e.g., Morgans) ... or do you mean there has actually been fake Bitcoin specie?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=269535.msg4887999#msg4887999

Still around.
ajet

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 10:39:47 AM

are these the 2013s or 2014s? im interested in purchasing a few, if not for spending at least for collecting.

darbsllim

Activity: 297
Merit: 251

Founder, Filmmaker, Fun Guy

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:34:40 PM

I bought some of these at the Texas Bitcoin Conference - they are real beauties

Brad Mills,
Investor - Former miner - Former Bitcoin Business Owner - Survivor of the Great Bitcoin Crashes of 2011 and 2012, the MtGox Heist of 2014 & the 2017 crypto bubble.
Bitrated user: bradmillscan.
NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 08:46:15 PM

I bought some of these at the Texas Bitcoin Conference - they are real beauties

Thanks for the feedback.

The fakes come from China and are silver-plated zinc.
I picked up a few and there are some glaring differences even aside from the weight, size, etc.

Also I thought this was pretty interesting.  Liberty Dollars are now being certified, plaqued and graded by ANACS!
Front page news on Coin World Magazine:
http://www.coinworld.com/numismatic/coins/us-20th-century/anacs-certifies-liberty-dollar-medallions.html

I <3 Coin World.

NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 04:08:14 PM

HardBTC adds the order page for the Bitcoin Specie

http://hardbtc.org/ocart/index.php?route=product/product&path=64&product_id=63

It was pointed out to me recently that there aren't any retailers selling these through the onion network sites.  If you know any merchants there that would like to do so, that market remains open.

Bartjeuhh

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:42:15 AM

Dear NewLiberty,

I've been watching quite a time on this forum, but now I specially registrered just so I could ask you this question:

Are there still Gold Electroplated 2013 Silver Bitcoin Specie -first year of issue- ? And if yes, which numbers are left?

I would really like to buy one, please  Cheesy

Thank you in advance,

Bart
NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 10:13:52 AM

Dear NewLiberty,

I've been watching quite a time on this forum, but now I specially registered just so I could ask you this question:

Are there still Gold Electroplated 2013 Silver Bitcoin Specie -first year of issue- ? And if yes, which numbers are left?

I would really like to buy one, please  Cheesy

Thank you in advance,

Bart

Thank you, it is uplifting and inspiring that you went to such lengths, so that is very much appreciated.
My email is public in the forum profile and I try to be easy to contact to I apologize for any special effort you had to undergo for that.

Those first year of issue gold EP were a very limited edition and were all sold out or awarded to project participants.
The whole 2013 series, not just the collectibles are sold out.

I've seen them available for resale from some, and I can mention this within the private project discussion.  Maybe someone is less attached to theirs?

We are contemplating doing a Pizza Day Commemorative for May 22, and might do a gold plated version for that.
(There are a lot of pizza fans among project participants)

Bartjeuhh

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:58:47 PM

Dear NewLiberty,

I've been watching quite a time on this forum, but now I specially registered just so I could ask you this question:

I would really like to buy one, please  Cheesy

Thank you in advance,

Bart

Thank you, it is uplifting and inspiring that you went to such lengths, so that is very much appreciated.
My email is public in the forum profile and I try to be easy to contact to I apologize for any special effort you had to undergo for that.

Those first year of issue gold EP were a very limited edition and were all sold out or awarded to project participants.
The whole 2013 series, not just the collectibles are sold out.

I've seen them available for resale from some, and I can mention this within the private project discussion.  Maybe someone is less attached to theirs?

We are contemplating doing a Pizza Day Commemorative for May 22, and might do a gold plated version for that.
(There are a lot of pizza fans among project participants)

Nah, no problem, I would still had to make an account some day.
If I'm not logged in (guest) your e-mail address isn't public. I still need to sign in.

Wow, that's great news (for you), a bit less for me as I am too late haha. I hope the next limited edition collectible specie for the Bitcoin Pizza Day will be goldplated too.
Is it going to be numbered again or is it going to have maybe a different design?

And how can you become part of these 'project participants'. I'm quite new to this Smiley
digitalninja81

Activity: 91

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:28:45 AM

if you make a little hole on the top side of the coin I'll make a thread trough it and wear it on my neck. That would be awesome!
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 10:30:43 AM

if you make a little hole on the top side of the coin I'll make a thread trough it and wear it on my neck. That would be awesome!
This has been posted before and I think he liked that idea. Not sure though.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 01:04:53 PM

We did one better, an air tight case with such a hole!

It keeps your bling looking blingy

They were also popular as Christmas ornaments

But once they are yours, you are certainly welcome to drill holes in them too if you like.

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 01:06:01 PM

We did one better, an air tight case with such a hole!

[IMAGE]

It keeps your bling looking blingy
Oh yeah. Totally forgot. It's still amazing!

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀