Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:19:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You should NOT be buying altcoins now!  (Read 439 times)
dumplingsandsushi (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 04:54:53 PM

I'm about to give you some hardcore advice, for FREE! Waoooo! (I promise, I won't shill a coin or promote anything, aren't those posts annoying?)
Take it seriously:

I see a lot of posts lately about what is the next big altcoin or what altcoin should I invest in? etc. etc.
About two months ago, the altcoin board was flooded with "what ICO should I invest in?" and now it's flooded with altcoin inquiries.
This matches the movement of the market as tons of money is being pumped into alts, particularly lower priced ones or coins that have been artificially pumped by youtubers, pump and dump groups, or Mr. Mcafee.

I understand the desire to find "the next big thing".  I understand the feeling that you have "missed the chance" on bitcoin or other alts.  I went through these myself.
But if you join the herd, you will either lose money or gain very little return on your investments.
Here is the advice:

When others sell, you buy.  When others buy, you sell.

Those who made tons of money the last 2 weeks are those who bought alts 2 months ago when btc was pumping like crazy because of the forks.
While everyone was scrambling to get more btc so they could get a shitcoin (btc gold) then segwit (which got canceled but looks like might go through anyways?) the price of almost all where at bargain prices.  Now, btc has been stable around 14 to 16k, while other alts have pumped like crazy.  It is the absolute worst time to buy alts, especially the overinflated ones like ripple, cardano, and tron.  Now is the time to buy btc.

Thinking that btc has reached is peak don't realize that other bubble economies have reached trillion dollar marketcaps, crypto still has more bull runs ahead of it and btc leads the way.

So why am I taking the time to post this? Because a good friend of mine put 10k usd into ripple this morning . . .
yeah, please don't do that, what a horrible price to buy xrp at.

Cryptoshops

Activity: 271
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:13:56 PM

I hold other altcoins as well as some BTC and some LTC which I got back in 2012
I also have Feathercoins which seem to have all but vanished lol,  and I also have a crap load of Dogecoins which I got back in 2014
I looked at Ripple and the prices people are trying to sell it for is stupid. Iv seen a guy trying to sell a single ripple for £6.50 (GBP)

Sombody I know has also just put a lot of money into Ripple and the reason he did was because he knows it is backed by banks and is reletivly safe as an investment.
BTC is an expensive coin to buy atm so people will turn to other altcoins one of the most popular now is unfortunatly Ripple
I will invest some money into Ripple but certainly not at what people are trying to sell it for atm but I am still buying dogecoins because you just never know and I did not expect Doge to reach $1,1 billion of the market cap If it never makes huge profits at least im not going to loose a lot of money.

cryptoux

Activity: 186

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:15:57 PM

I agree this isnt the time to buy altcoins BTC shows bullish movements and i couldnt disagree about investing XRP its a shitcoin who wants to rule the cryptos,a centralized shitty coin who is being manipulated by the banks,im sure it will go back to its proper place which is below the ethereum because coinbase already denied its listing.

chaosfourever

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:19:48 PM

There wll always be some dips. All the big coins have gone down some then up more. It happens. Now is an amazing time to invest. This is just the start and you need to be thinking long term. These will look like amazing prices a year of two from now. Dont worry and let time do its thing.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:30:36 PM

So what you are trying to say is that btc will stay at the top and it will move to 100k this year and may be 1 million plus next year right, i agree somewhat but there is a condition and that is technology, if something better and more dominant comes than btc will have some danger otherwise it is going to grow like it is for years.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
masphie

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

-= OI =-

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:35:42 PM

about buy or sell altcoin...
that is back to personallity...
But, do not try to buy or sell altcoin just rely on feeling...
If you do that, 100% sure.... you are will be DUMB.....

-= OI =-
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:35:51 PM

So what you are trying to say is that btc will stay at the top and it will move to 100k this year and may be 1 million plus next year right, i agree somewhat but there is a condition and that is technology, if something better and more dominant comes than btc will have some danger otherwise it is going to grow like it is for years.

100k is not at all possible price value in the bitcoin. However, you will be able to find the bitcoin price to touch the bitcoin as 25k USD for sure. Everyone found the last dump due to the hard fork effect only buddies so you have to see the bitcoin value after some weeks so this is the right time to see the bump here dude. There are altcoins still shows some bump along with the bitcoin so concentrate on btc and those kind of coins alone. You will get the profit for it.
Chokolo

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:37:54 PM

Bitcoin aka Shitcoin will be dumped again. It unavoidable.
Bitcoin is inferior to so many altcoins, that the true altcoin is really Bitcoin
Paulo835

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:43:46 PM

Well, anything beside Bitcoin is an altcoin, right?  So you are saying buy nothing but bitcoin?  Sorry, that make no sense to me.
DroidR17A

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:46:43 PM

For the most part this is sound advice, but there are still opportunities, even when alts are over inflated (if you can catch the right ones at the right time). BTC is on the rise again and will probably dump once it hits $20k, $25k, $30k etc. leaving lots of opportunities to grab alts. Your friend will probably lose money short term, but a few months from now, he'll still probably make a reasonable profit. I sat on my Ripple for 4 months while it stagnated, thinking I'd made a mistake, but it proved out in the end.
randythered

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:49:54 PM

I'm about to give you some hardcore advice, for FREE! Waoooo! (I promise, I won't shill a coin or promote anything, aren't those posts annoying?)
Take it seriously:

I see a lot of posts lately about what is the next big altcoin or what altcoin should I invest in? etc. etc.
About two months ago, the altcoin board was flooded with "what ICO should I invest in?" and now it's flooded with altcoin inquiries.
This matches the movement of the market as tons of money is being pumped into alts, particularly lower priced ones or coins that have been artificially pumped by youtubers, pump and dump groups, or Mr. Mcafee.

I understand the desire to find "the next big thing".  I understand the feeling that you have "missed the chance" on bitcoin or other alts.  I went through these myself.
But if you join the herd, you will either lose money or gain very little return on your investments.
Here is the advice:

When others sell, you buy.  When others buy, you sell.

Those who made tons of money the last 2 weeks are those who bought alts 2 months ago when btc was pumping like crazy because of the forks.
While everyone was scrambling to get more btc so they could get a shitcoin (btc gold) then segwit (which got canceled but looks like might go through anyways?) the price of almost all where at bargain prices.  Now, btc has been stable around 14 to 16k, while other alts have pumped like crazy.  It is the absolute worst time to buy alts, especially the overinflated ones like ripple, cardano, and tron.  Now is the time to buy btc.

Thinking that btc has reached is peak don't realize that other bubble economies have reached trillion dollar marketcaps, crypto still has more bull runs ahead of it and btc leads the way.

So why am I taking the time to post this? Because a good friend of mine put 10k usd into ripple this morning . . .
yeah, please don't do that, what a horrible price to buy xrp at.

Solid advice, it's a very simple pattern the crypto market follows and it shouldn't be hard for people to understand to buy low and sell high. But I guess isn't it good in fact that they don't because it means we have people to buy our high valued alts.

tristan1960

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:51:56 PM

For the most part this is sound advice, but there are still opportunities, even when alts are over inflated (if you can catch the right ones at the right time). BTC is on the rise again and will probably dump once it hits $20k, $25k, $30k etc. leaving lots of opportunities to grab alts. Your friend will probably lose money short term, but a few months from now, he'll still probably make a reasonable profit. I sat on my Ripple for 4 months while it stagnated, thinking I'd made a mistake, but it proved out in the end.

$25k and $30k are not possible targets for the near future. They're for Q2 in this year. When this happens, the price of altcoins will be dumped easily. This is a fact. And it's better to have some bitcoin in your portfolio, even small amount of it.
mysterecryptoooo

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:57:58 PM

I think it is the opposite since bitcoin is not perfect. Usually, altcoins are creating a better bitcoin if i can say so, each have its own unique ability.

▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮WORLDOPOLY▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬
First Augmented  reality game based on blockchain
JOIN OUR   ICO  26 Feb-21 Jun
Cryptoshops

Activity: 271

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:00:00 PM

$25k and $30k are not possible targets for the near future. They're for Q2 in this year. When this happens, the price of altcoins will be dumped easily. This is a fact. And it's better to have some bitcoin in your portfolio, even small amount of it.

You know what they say ?   never have all your eggs in one basket,  for me both Alts and BTC is now a good time to invest in
bucksman5233

Activity: 264
Merit: 100

TV TWO - Connect your TV to ETH Blockchain

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 06:03:22 PM

Yeah you are right though I'm holding tron since the beginning this is definately the worst time to buy alts which are already x20. I'm honestly saying at this time I won't touch any alts down there. Remember this 'Be fearful when others are greedy and be greedy when others are fearful'

cryptofan1990

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:04:41 PM

I think now is the best time, they will be coming down in price as btc rises, it takes a few days or a  few weeks but then the altcoins recover and follow btc.

It is best to have a long-term view.
doommy12

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:05:31 PM

hey guys... anyone interested in making quick profit enetr this pump and dump group https://discord.gg/q9F95X

we need more members to increase profit.. our current profit is only x3
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:06:31 PM

Bitcoin aka Shitcoin will be dumped again. It unavoidable.
Bitcoin is inferior to so many altcoins, that the true altcoin is really Bitcoin

then go all in right now on any piece of crap that isn't bitcoin right this very second. good luck with that one. i think it may not work out how you plan.

bitcoiners have a blind spot when it comes to taking alts seriously. alt fanbois have absolutely the same problem in the opposite direction. everyone should be owning both and they'll be a bunch more relaxed.
secondgarlic

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:08:57 PM

I think in terms of the timing of the investment, now might not be a right time to invest in altcoins, since I also feel like the price of bitcoin will start to increase soon. So I think people will start to pull money out of alts to invest in bitcoin, which will initially lead to a price drop for altcoins, but they will eventually increase again.

Cronion

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:16:09 PM

-30% on almost every of my favorite altcoins! Time to buy ENG, LEND, VEN, GXS, FUEL, MANA, ADA ............

This is what OP meant, now everyone is selling - so we have to buy!

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: