Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:55:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you get banned from exchanges for too much activity?  (Read 372 times)
Sheyrn

Activity: 354
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:30:32 AM

The more activity you do the better to gain trust and rank.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
desi92

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:26:21 AM

I personally never heard of such a thing. As long as your account is verified with real documents and your funds are not from suspicious activities (anything illegal), there is nothing to be afraid of.

Yes mate, you do not need to be worry just because you do a lot of trade in any exchange.
Actually, as i know that such kind of activity will get banned if you trade not in cryptocurrency. Sometime forex exchange did banned their customer if they have more profit than deposit.
Freezingel

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:29:40 AM

Hi All, I sometimes do a lot of trading on the exchanges.  When a market is being pumped, i try to buy/sell really fast, and have been doing ok with it.

Has anyone heard of an exchange banning someone for too much activity?  I am worried I might be seen as a bot with how fast some of my trades are, and the amount of trades I make daily.

Any thoughts?
I never heard something like that, it's okay to make a lot of trades everyday because they generate income from the trading fee so I don't think it's a problem and they like their users to trade a lot as it increase their revenue. It become something to be worried about if your login activity is suspicious like from a lot of different places. There are a lot of bots who trades a lot each day and I never heard someone got banned from too much activity.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀▀▀████▀        ▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
    ███▀         ▀        ▄██▀▀         ▀███
   ███▀                 ▄██▀              ▀▀▀
████████████          ▄██▀
   ███▄             ▄██▀                  ▄▄▄
    ███▄         ▄▄██▀        ▄         ▄███
     ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀        ▄████▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀█████▀▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀██████▀▀
                  ▀▀▀█████▀▀
Ethernity CLOUD
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████     ████     ██
██     ████     ██████████     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:18:55 AM

A lot of activity on the market means a lot of profit for the exchange. Don't you wonder, where do the exchange sites make a profit ?. Well, one of them is from the transactions made by its members every day. Even the number of transactions can beat transactions in the bank in a day by the amount of transaction or amount of fee. So, it is very strange if we should be discarded, because of it.
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:47:11 AM

I didnt encounter this thing experiencing banned for being active in the exchange. Every transactions is gaining profit from the exchange. So I dont think it will happen in the future.
emirkalyoncu

Activity: 256
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:39:18 PM

I never heard and i never think that will happen because you pay the fee to make the move you want to do.You can always do what you are paying for
TeamUp

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:46:12 PM

Hi All, I sometimes do a lot of trading on the exchanges.  When a market is being pumped, i try to buy/sell really fast, and have been doing ok with it.

Has anyone heard of an exchange banning someone for too much activity?  I am worried I might be seen as a bot with how fast some of my trades are, and the amount of trades I make daily.

Any thoughts?

You dont have to worry to suspected as BOT, because in the trading platform that im using (and i do believe in other platform also), i personally reported a suspicious trading activity (its trading same exact amount over and over again) then one of there staff told me "its allowed, thats what API's is for". So yeah, BOT is allowed in trading, so you dont have to worry about making to much activity.

bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:05:42 PM

I do not think you will be banned for trading back and forth. There are hundreds of bots trading faster than you. If you are using ALGORY.IO cryptocurrency trading tools, your trading activities will reduce and you will have more profit! Get ALGORY.IO token and you should be set to use it's trading tools like cryptoscan, crypto analyser etc

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
pinggoki

Activity: 1470
Merit: 390

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:07:25 PM

I personally never heard of such a thing. As long as your account is verified with real documents and your funds are not from suspicious activities (anything illegal), there is nothing to be afraid of.
Precisley, as long as you are not doing any illegal stuff and you were verified then there's nothing to be afraid of. In fact, it is privilege for them if you are using  their exchaging site. The more you use their site the more profit they will get from you hence, they will never ban you upon using thier site.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
bbcolex

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:40:41 PM

I doubt you will be banned for excessive activity , though depends on what activity you're doing if it does not affect or breach the rules of the exchange nothing to worry mate. Exchanges are design to handle loads of traffic from millions of individual , "for trading" . But if you're doing something illegal and is against their rule then I would think twice and won't risk losing my coins for doing such activities.

marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:41:22 PM

Hi All, I sometimes do a lot of trading on the exchanges.  When a market is being pumped, i try to buy/sell really fast, and have been doing ok with it.

Has anyone heard of an exchange banning someone for too much activity?  I am worried I might be seen as a bot with how fast some of my trades are, and the amount of trades I make daily.

Any thoughts?
No, more trades = more fees for exchange = more money for them.
Not a single exchange will ban you for too much activity, to be honest trading requires too much activity.
The more activity you do the better to gain trust and rank.
Shitposters everywhere.
ReLieD

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:05:38 PM

Any thoughts?
I don't feel that you might just get banned for much activity with exchanges. The site would appreciate much activity as the more you will use a site for exchanges the more they will benefit.
Also you have to make this clear that unless you don't do something illegal or suspicious noone will ban you from anything.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█          ▄         ▄      ▄▄▄▄▄
█       ▄███      ▄███      █████
█        ████      ████     ▀▀▀▀▀
█         ████      ████
█          ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█           █████████████████████
█            ▀█████▄   ▀█████▄
█              ▀█████▀   ▀█████▀
█                 ▀▀        ▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Faruque312

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

Life is full of struggle

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 03:56:24 PM

i heard this first time seriously  Grin i think nobody face this before hope we cant face this problem future.

erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:01:29 PM

There are lots of short term trader wherein some of them are trading daily so I guess you wouldn't get banned from exchanges for too much activity unless you are doing something wrong. Trading is a good form of investment. It's sad to hear if they will ban someone from doing it often.
allohha

Activity: 672
Merit: 176

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 06:15:14 PM

There are lots of short term trader wherein some of them are trading daily so I guess you wouldn't get banned from exchanges for too much activity unless you are doing something wrong. Trading is a good form of investment. It's sad to hear if they will ban someone from doing it often.
but it seems to me that the only limit for a trader may be a withdrawal limit, as well as setting two-factor authentication as one of the security methods. If you work with several devices, then this work makes it difficult.
goldade

Activity: 896
Merit: 104

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 06:40:57 PM

Any thoughts?

I do not think you can be banned for too much activities on an exchange platform. The amount of trades you make on a daily basis doesn't at all matter.  What matters is if you did your credentials verification during registration.

rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 06:57:03 PM

If there's anything an exchange will do with such, that is they'll thank you for being active since you've given them too much from the fees of your trades and whatnot. Never heard nor read about such. Closing or disabling of accounts are often done on accounts that have incorrect/fraud verification and suspicious activities/scams. As long as you're verified with your true identity and complied with the exchange's ToS, your account would be fine (unless it's Bittrex, lol).
Lol, it seems bittrex is becoming the most messed up exchange right now.
I read some news some days back on how they are trying to clamp down on pump and dump groups and they even included it on their TOS. That sucks though, but that is their terms and anyone who does not want that should use another exchange.

However, like you said, there is really no need for anyone to get banned for too much activity as that is how the exchanges are making money anyway with the fees.
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:03:10 PM

Actually you can if you almost have the same activity as the pump and dump groups. Bittrex has issued a warning statement against such activity and has stated that any account which shall be a part of pump and dump groups shall be banned from using bittrex and the funds shall not be returned to the users. Don't know about other exchanges but be careful.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
atjiat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 09:51:34 PM

Actually you can if you almost have the same activity as the pump and dump groups. Bittrex has issued a warning statement against such activity and has stated that any account which shall be a part of pump and dump groups shall be banned from using bittrex and the funds shall not be returned to the users. Don't know about other exchanges but be careful.
I agree that there are groups of users who, by their actions, greatly influence the price of the stock exchange and thus artificially implement manipulations that enable them to forecast future statistics and earn good money for a particular group on this. These accounts can be subject to a ban. If a person is a simple trader, then he has nothing to fear.
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:01:49 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2018, 11:19:48 PM by warningsigns

If it is a compliance-conscious exchange, excessive account activity might lead to greater scrutiny and inquiries about the nature of the transactions, the source of funds and might even trigger a review of your KYC credentials. Exchanges are happy to see revenue pouring into their coffers from trading activities but the regulated ones (like Bitstamp) jealously protect their accreditation and will close accounts and terminate relationships if they detect account activites which go against their AML terms.

If your account is verified and all your transactions are justifiably legal, then getting banned is still a risk to expect but it is a quantifiable risk, meaning you can avoid it by trading within certain limits and being sure you can explain the nature and source of those coins or funds.

As for the less legitimate exchanges, you might get banned if your account has a balance which they deem worth stealing.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: