Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:17:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Uh-oh. Ripple is not getting added to Coinbase anytime soon.  (Read 190 times)
mc.craigsvictor (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:28:02 PM

Coinbase announced Thursday afternoon that, for now, it would not be adding any new cryptocurrencies to either its flagship platform or its other digital asset exchange, GDAX.
gracer88

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:12:17 PM

Yes, this is the hottest news of the day. Interestingly, after this news ripple will look for a new bottom or will it not greatly affect its price? Huh

solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:18:43 PM

Coinbase announced Thursday afternoon that, for now, it would not be adding any new cryptocurrencies to either its flagship platform or its other digital asset exchange, GDAX.

This is how many people discussed about the bitcoin cash is not going to added to coinbase wallet side but with in day it discussed on the forum. I noticed that BCH has been added to wallet.
We may expect the ripple to be added since this coin has been stable in the market more than 6 months in the top five place and recently its value also stared growing so we can expect to be added for sure.
coolcountry

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:05:58 PM

There were big expectations that coinbase would add ripple, and I was certain that the price was going to increase very fast. Although it's falling now, it will eventually recover. If you want to make some quick returns, now might be a good time to buy.

cryptobobo

Activity: 210

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:07:07 PM

Finally the FUD is over,a lot of people are risking their assets to XRP lately but now we are cleared that it wont happen in the near future.

xrpholder1982

Activity: 95

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:27:22 PM

Finally the FUD is over,a lot of people are risking their assets to XRP lately but now we are cleared that it wont happen in the near future.

haha, yes.  Its completely clear that XRP won't rise in the near future.  Comedy, pure comedy.  Thank you for that laugh.  Folks, its coming.  Coinbase/GDAX need to prepared for the additional volume.  I wouldn't be surprised if Ripple held back on the release on gdax/coinbase until they were 100% sure they were prepared.  XRP is just leaving the station, you may want to jump on board for 4-5 years. 
Chokolo

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:42:49 PM

Their tweet was just to cover their behinds so they wont get accused of insider trading when they add Ripple. They had trouble when they added Bitcoin Cash

The rumor is Coinbase adding them in late January. But nice try with your FUD  Wink
777asianinvasian

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

🌟 MIRA ICO 🌟

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:57:34 PM

Watch them add it anyways irregardless of that statement, it wouldn't surprise me after all. One thing is true the ex CEO is now the worlds richest man or was for the moment don't know if he liquidated or not.

Crypington

Activity: 210
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:16:13 PM

This rumor started on someone twitter feed anyway.  He supposedly posted a screenshot from coinbase with a “Ripple is coming” announcement, but it was likely a fake.  It could have been easily faked just using development tools inside a browser, and no one else saw the announcement. 

I hope coinbase does expand, because I like buying the coins I want directly, but this was a hoax from the beginning. 

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
Cryptoshops

Activity: 271

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:21:21 PM

This is a rumour  Coinbase will add Ripple at some point
Vitolife

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:34:30 PM

This is a rumour  Coinbase will add Ripple at some point
Well problem with ripple is that is it highly centralized and >60% of tokens is owned by the Ripple team and this would be high risk for Coinbase to add, they alway thoroughly review all the risks associated before adding a currency. If you check the volumes, the pump of ripple is driven only by 1 exchange in Asia.
rezurect

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:34:49 PM

This is a rumour  Coinbase will add Ripple at some point

How do you know it's a rumor? Do you have a source for this? Would seriously like to know.
boss1dg

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:36:19 PM

so people who bought xrp just on basis of coinbase listing news may regret it this new update affect its price .

leea-1334

Activity: 2254
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:37:37 PM

Hah. I knew all that talk and rumor was just hot wind. We all need some Coinbase insiders to help us have insider trading yes? But then again, I would not trust 100% what Coinbase says. Remember when they first said, hey we are not giving Bitcoin Cash. And then they changed their minds and said okay we will give it to all users in 2018. And then they suddenly opened it for trading in 2017. And then apologized and said all sorts of things. Basically, they can say anything, and do anything. The two things do not have to match each other.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Boristhecat

Activity: 756
Merit: 629

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:42:56 PM

Hah. I knew all that talk and rumor was just hot wind. We all need some Coinbase insiders to help us have insider trading yes? But then again, I would not trust 100% what Coinbase says. Remember when they first said, hey we are not giving Bitcoin Cash. And then they changed their minds and said okay we will give it to all users in 2018. And then they suddenly opened it for trading in 2017. And then apologized and said all sorts of things. Basically, they can say anything, and do anything. The two things do not have to match each other.
You have completely described what I think.
I am sure interested people (banks, etc.) will make Ripple the TOP-1 coin by capitalization. And it will not be added to the Coinbase? I do not believe.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: