Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:33:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: localbitcoin.com  (Read 102 times)
skymia (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 07:39:27 PM

Hi,

I need help recovering a btc address I used with localbitcoin.com about 3 years ago... any tips and suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thank you much!

Discordapp.com/invite/fQcYvkh ❤ Do Good Things-Make Life Better ❤  Masternodes 650% ROI ❤ TeleMedicine ❤ Folding@Home ❤ MEDIC coin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:44:02 PM

Do you mean localbitcoins.com? Your going to need to be more specific. If it's localbitcoins.com then what exactly do you need help with? If you've lost your password it's unlikely that any of us will be able to help.
xdrpx

Activity: 616
Merit: 603

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:46:22 PM

Hi,

I need help recovering a btc address I used with localbitcoin.com about 3 years ago... any tips and suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thank you much!

Do you mean the Bitcoin address to which you had received your funds when you transacted on Localbitcoins? If that's the case you should be able to view that in your transaction history here https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/wallet_transactions/

If that's not what you're asking, and if it is about funds recovery kindly let us know if you have access to your localbitcoins account, and you should be able to access your funds from there. Localbitcoins stores your funds in your wallet on their site and from there you can send those funds to an address of your own (of another wallet) if you'd like to.
skymia (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 05:10:35 AM

Thanks for the promt replies. To be clear, I still able to log into lathe website it just I have difficulty locating my wallet... also since I posted this questions I have had pm help offers to download tools to scan my pc to locate old wallet informations... I’m hesitant to do that! I’ll still researching best way to locate my old wallet... given that I have a btc address...

Discordapp.com/invite/fQcYvkh ❤ Do Good Things-Make Life Better ❤  Masternodes 650% ROI ❤ TeleMedicine ❤ Folding@Home ❤ MEDIC coin
xdrpx

Activity: 616
Merit: 603

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 08:00:00 AM

You might not have to use 3rd party tools to scan your PC for your wallet files. You'll need to provide information as to which wallet application you were last using on which you received your Localbitcoin coins?

Is it Bitcoin core or electrum? Based on the wallet client that you used you can navigate to the appdata path and find your wallet.dat file and backup that file once you find it. It's your wallet file and may contain your coins. Please visit the path mentioned here for Bitcoin core: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Data_directory and for electrum http://docs.electrum.org/en/latest/faq.html#where-is-my-wallet-file-located. If you're using any other wallet please mention about it.

If you intend to search your whole system just perform a grep in command line if you're on linux or find on windows.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: