Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:32:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternatives to nicehash? Using a GTX 1070 Ti...  (Read 309 times)
Piledriver (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:49:58 PM

Hi,

so I am a total noob at mining. Just started yesterday and installed nicehash. I liked it a lot because it was easy to use and it shows the mining performance live, etc.
Now I read about the high fees and also the problem they had last month with the hack.
So is there something similar out there? There seems to be so many different mining Software that it is really hard for a beginner to know which one is suited best for one self!
So any recommendations apart from "Google mining for beginners", because I have done that already and ended with nicehash...
Or do you think nicehash is Ok and that I should stick to that?

Greetings

Piledriver
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bonosurgut

Activity: 520
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:51:47 PM

Hi,

so I am a total noob at mining. Just started yesterday and installed nicehash. I liked it a lot because it was easy to use and it shows the mining performance live, etc.
Now I read about the high fees and also the problem they had last month with the hack.
So is there something similar out there? There seems to be so many different mining Software that it is really hard for a beginner to know which one is suited best for one self!
So any recommendations apart from "Google mining for beginners", because I have done that already and ended with nicehash...

Greetings

Piledriver

miningpoolhub.com
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:54:50 PM

Zpool, MiningPoolHub, AHashPool, and Hash Refinery are a few popular ones.  There's tons of other smaller ones that cater to a smaller set of coins and algos like Masterhash, BSOD, and many, many more.
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:20:03 PM

You could just mine an equihash coin.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Piledriver (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:28:29 PM

Zpool, MiningPoolHub, AHashPool, and Hash Refinery are a few popular ones.  There's tons of other smaller ones that cater to a smaller set of coins and algos like Masterhash, BSOD, and many, many more.

Hi, thanks for the quick reply! Now can you please recommend me a simple miner similar to the nicehash one. Also one who automatically switches to the most profitable coin?
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:33:31 PM

Use Awesome Miner point it at Mining Pool Hub and then select whatever coin you want to be paid out in through their auto-converting feature.  Its much cheaper than Nicehash fees for sure and you have way more control over what you can mine or be paid out in.
gotminer

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:07:19 PM

Use Awesome Miner point it at Mining Pool Hub and then select whatever coin you want to be paid out in through their auto-converting feature.  Its much cheaper than Nicehash fees for sure and you have way more control over what you can mine or be paid out in.

How much cheaper really?  Nice Hash is charging 2%, daily payout, and free transfer to Coinbase.  I'm not saying it's cheaper than using Awesome Miner and Mining Pool Hub.  It's honestly probably pretty close to mining singles if you're cashing out right away.  Most pools are charging 1%.  You're paying a percentage to the dev fee.  Then you'll have a fee to get from your wallet to an exchange and a fee to sell on the exchange.

If you're mining singles to hold or trade for other coins and hold, then it's a completely different story, but for those who are just taking their profits right away ... I'm doing a mixture of things, but one of my Nvida rigs is going to stay on NH for now. 

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Piledriver (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:07:24 PM

Ok got everything running. Now AwesomeMiner shows just 1/3 of Profit than nicehash. Could it be that nicehash does not consider the electricity costs and Awesomeminer does?
Bimmber

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:30:46 PM

https://www.betterhash.net is alternative to Nicehash. Devs have a thread here as well.
gotminer

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:18:13 AM

Ok got everything running. Now AwesomeMiner shows just 1/3 of Profit than nicehash. Could it be that nicehash does not consider the electricity costs and Awesomeminer does?

Your electricity costs equate to 1/3?  That must be some expensive electricity. 

jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:32:21 AM

You need to try to know. If you are using an easy way, you will never know anything. 1070Ti powerful almost on every algorithm, auto switching is a good choice, but I suggest you try on NeoScrypt coin.
Piledriver (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:10:55 PM

Your electricity costs equate to 1/3?  That must be some expensive electricity. 

Well I am using still a GTX 960, the 1070 Ti will arrive next week, so yes, el. Costs is around 2/3 overall with that card! But what about my question?
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:23:03 PM

Hi,

Greetings

Piledriver

Well nicehash recently introduced the cashout option to coinbase which is feeless, So why not make an account on coinbase and enjoy the profits and feeless transactions? I will recommend you to stick to nicehash as it will be most profitable for you.
Piledriver (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:09:01 PM

https://www.betterhash.net is alternative to Nicehash. Devs have a thread here as well.

Hi, thanks for that, I just tested it and is the one I like the most!
Now any recommendations were to get my Bitcoin wallet from? I will not have high ammounts and I would like to be paid out to my PayPal account!
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:36:29 PM

Hi, thanks for that, I just tested it and is the one I like the most!
Now any recommendations were to get my Bitcoin wallet from? I will not have high ammounts and I would like to be paid out to my PayPal account!

If you are selling your hashes for nice hash you will get paid in bitcoins end of the day on daily basis but if you mine with the other mining pool you need to get the payment in the concern coin itself. So you have to exchange that altcoin to bitcoin with the help of the sites like changingly or shapeshift. Then you can sell the bitcoin for fiat cash on the localbitcoins site.
In LBC there are many traders available for each country and some may have paypal payment as well. So check and open the trade to the concern person. Escrow will manage the trade so no need to fear about it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: