Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:11:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just read Legolas white paper and it sounds pretty amazing, ICO happening soon  (Read 157 times)
Ozmaan (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:07:08 PM

Just read the white paper of Legolas Exchange and seems like they're addressing all the challenges in crypto trading in a very decent way. Partnering with Makor (one of the biggest brokerage firm) would certainly expedite trades and tackle compliance issues. Their technology also seems to add transparency and would definitely grow into a mainstream cryptocurrency.

Also did some backgroud check on the core team members and they all had impressive background.

I am looking forward to its ICO, please let me know what you guys think, if this should be on our watch list and if its a good idea to invest in it.

Link: https://legolas.exchange/
_ATOmix_

Activity: 110
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:10:08 PM

Too bad it's centralized, which apparently is a feature for them. I will probably invest in it tho.
Ozmaan (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:16:49 PM

Just confirmed if it was centralized but its actually not. From the website "Legolas Exchange incorporates a decentralized ledger within its proprietary centralized platform in order to neutralize front-running and guarantee the unalterability, temporality, and transparency of the order book".
Ozmaan (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:48:57 PM

Exactly, I think their white paper is pretty impressive and has some great features added which would make the whole system transparent and attract institutional investors aswell and I guess transparency was one of the reasons why institutional investors have been away from crypto and this one seems to tackle this issue very well. Would continue digging Legolas before investing
_ATOmix_

Activity: 110
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:37:10 PM

Just confirmed if it was centralized but its actually not. From the website "Legolas Exchange incorporates a decentralized ledger within its proprietary centralized platform in order to neutralize front-running and guarantee the unalterability, temporality, and transparency of the order book".

Decentralized ledger is the buzzword to say blockchain in this instance it's the exchange's bitcoin wallet, the exchange in itself is centralized.

I quote their website: "Fully Decentralized Exchanges: An Unrealistic Solution
Transactions between different blockchains and fiat transactions are impossible on decentralized exchanges. This is a significant drawback to their use given that transactions within the same blockchain represent only 3% of all daily transactions.
Although some projects have been working on the cross-chain issue, a satisfactory solution has yet to emerge, and in any case their potential future expansion is limited to 25% market share."

Their whitepaper's title is "Legolas Exchange  A DEMONSTRABLY FAIR, PREMIUM CENTRALIZED  EXCHANGE USING DECENTRALIZED BLOCKCHAIN  TECHNOLOGY"
https://legolas.exchange/static/public/legolas-whitepaper.pdf?v=11
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: