Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 11:11:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bought without thinking on binance. Big mistake?  (Read 124 times)
gigawat (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:46:22 PM

Good evening guys. I'm inside the crypto market for a month now, but a ridden more than a month tech and all the other infos previously.
I did my first buy on cex.io for xrp at 70cent, and later ada and stellar transfering eth from coinbase to binance as usual.
In the last week I took some deep looks over different projects to choose something cheap but with a good potential for the future, to hodl for an year or more.
I choose to buy some po.et, eth lend and enjin coins.
But, 'cuase I'm a noob, I didn't take a look to the fee transferts from binance.
I bought just one hundred euros of those coins, but I only seen later that, for example, the fee to transfert my 200 poe coins it's of 50 poe.
Clearly I bought without reading enough before. Now, there is some solution or I must keep my cheap coins on binance 'till the sale?
Racekid

Activity: 59

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:53:42 PM

Good evening guys. I'm inside the crypto market for a month now, but a ridden more than a month tech and all the other infos previously.
I did my first buy on cex.io for xrp at 70cent, and later ada and stellar transfering eth from coinbase to binance as usual.
In the last week I took some deep looks over different projects to choose something cheap but with a good potential for the future, to hodl for an year or more.
But, 'cuase I'm a noob, I didn't take a look to the fee transferts from binance.
I bought just one hundred euros of those coins, but I only seen later that, for example, the fee to transfert my 200 poe coins it's of 50 poe.
Clearly I bought without reading enough before. Now, there is some solution or I must keep my cheap coins on binance 'till the sale?
You made a mistake not going through the T/C before trading on it, but that's just to leave. You've to Keep HODLing your coins till they become of good value then you've nothing to worry about the Tx fee. HODL
bagsk

Activity: 233
Merit: 101

Cryptofan!

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 11:58:06 PM

25% of losing is simply meaningless in translation. The best option is to keep coins on the exchange. And sell in a year or as you want.

MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:47:53 AM

If you think that those coins can raise more in the future then don't withdraw instead just keep them on exchange and sell when prices go up more means you should sell higher than 25% of current price then you can make some profit. If not, you will lose money for withdrawing now and later sending back to exchange for selling.

Even Hitbtc also got a lot of fees to withdraw these coins. I find bittrex fee is more reasonable for withdrawing any coins.
ApocalypseNow

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:03:31 AM

It's okay. I also did commit some stupid mistakes when I'm still new. It's good that you are aware that it's wrong and stupid but now you know what is the right thing to do.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:54:39 AM

25% of losing is simply meaningless in translation. The best option is to keep coins on the exchange. And sell in a year or as you want.

worst idea ever!

not just because altcoins (specially coins like Ripple that OP is talking about) are super pumped and were in a bubble (again specially by the time the topic was started) and buying the bubble and hoping for profit is a terrible thing. and when it comes to long term altcoins have nothing to say.

but also because keeping coins on exchanges is a risky move because you can simply lose ALL of your money. even if the exchange is seemingly trusted. bittrex stole a lot of money recently and they were trusted prior to this robbery!

Only Bitcoin
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:24:46 AM

If I'm not wrong Bitcoin withdrawal fee may not be that high like 25% so you can keep those coins for a while and if you make a decent profit then immediately sell them for Bitcoins and then try to withdraw. In hitbtc also same issue for some of the altcoins and found that their BTC withdrawal fee not so high.
zoose

Activity: 163

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:33:26 AM

Mistakes suck and even veteran traders make errors. As others have mentioned you can keep the coins on the exchange and if/when they grow in value then take profit. Th great thing about your situation is that you have noticed the mistake which means you can learn from it and grow into a better crypto trader. Every single one of us has an oh F, that was a bad move moment. They key is to have a plan going in, do the leg work before you move on an asset. This is where you'll catch things like this before hand.

If you fail to prepare, prepare to fail! It's so true. Plan your trades and stick to them. Good luck!

Cryptopia
    Exchange  Mineshaft 2.0   Marketplace   Rewards  CoinInfo   [[Bitcointalk]] [Facebook] [Twitter]
▪▪▪▪▪■■■■■■■▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄■■■■■■■▪▪▪▪▪
Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development 
zoose

Activity: 163

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:36:20 AM

If I'm not wrong Bitcoin withdrawal fee may not be that high like 25% so you can keep those coins for a while and if you make a decent profit then immediately sell them for Bitcoins and then try to withdraw. In hitbtc also same issue for some of the altcoins and found that their BTC withdrawal fee not so high.

I've found that true on many exchanges its fun when you can find a deal. Sometimes the markets are alt coins.

Cryptopia
    Exchange  Mineshaft 2.0   Marketplace   Rewards  CoinInfo   [[Bitcointalk]] [Facebook] [Twitter]
▪▪▪▪▪■■■■■■■▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄■■■■■■■▪▪▪▪▪
Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development 
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:42:22 AM

Well, maybe you made a good mistake as Po.et and enjin are very promising projects. Next year, you may be very happy about making this mistake.
cryptotricks

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:58:02 AM

Thats what happens when you buy some small coins on these exchanges. You got to see the transaction fees more often to see if thats affordable to withdraw or keep it in the exchange itself (though its a bad idea). Hope that two coins pay you more in future.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: