Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:33:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't Login Antminer S9  (Read 533 times)
MMMining21 (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:55:44 PM

Hello everyone,

When i first installed my 2x Antminers i was able to login and to set everything (pool), everything was working fine, now I recently refreshed the page (IP Adress) and it asked me to enter the Username and Password. I typed root for the username, same thing for the password, and it didnt let me login saying it was invalid. It did that on both of the miners. Theyre still working perfectly, its just that I simply cannot login... anyone know why or has any idea of what i should do? Thank you!
VRobb

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:09:03 AM

Possibly hijacked... How are you connected to the 'net?  If you aren't behind a secure router your miner can get hijacked via the API that's left wide open with hard coded credentials. So changing username/password in the gui won't do it alone, you need to be closed to outside shenanigans.

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
Pushing a whopping 1/5 PH!  Oh The SPEED!!!
MMMining21 (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:41:41 PM

Possibly hijacked... How are you connected to the 'net?  If you aren't behind a secure router your miner can get hijacked via the API that's left wide open with hard coded credentials. So changing username/password in the gui won't do it alone, you need to be closed to outside shenanigans.

it is secured... I just tried to login to the second miner and it worked somehow (root-root). but the first miner i still cannot login... thats weird
MinerMEDIC

Activity: 166
Merit: 82

EET/NASA intern 2013 Bitmain/MicroBT/IPC cert

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:54:27 AM

I had issues logging into one of my miners using Windows Edge, worked fine with google Chrome thoguh.  Might be something to do with your browser settings?
If the situation is accurate, also try logging in incognito mode.

---Hi, I'm Juergen "Jay" & I TEACH and REPAIR ASIC HASHBOARDS-- Purdue AS EET -- MinerMEDIC is NOW FREELANCE in Chicago!
Raymond_B

Activity: 504
Merit: 71

Just Getting Started...

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 10:06:12 PM

Synchrouk I just purchased a windows 10 computer and Windows Edge will not let me log into the Antminer GUI. I can get to the password prompt, enter in the correct password, then the computer returns "401 Unauthorized" I've tried dozens of times and tried messing with settings. Still nothing. I just reset the computer to factory defaults and plan on returning it, but I may try to download the chrome browser if that worked for you.

Are you using a laptop? Sometimes there's different weird versions of numlock/10 key. I'd open up notepad and type in it to make sure you're not getting any weird characters. Chrome is also a good idea.

SGMPhil

Activity: 111
Merit: 14

01010011 01000111 01001101

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:32:22 PM

You can always reset the miner to the default settings and then reset your password. Here are the instructions from Bitmain:

https://enforum.bitmain.com/bbs/topics/3957

The Sergeant Major

3KHzidSnPjzrzM4HPetpWaFR4J8FVUdbmj
MinerMEDIC

Activity: 166
Merit: 82

EET/NASA intern 2013 Bitmain/MicroBT/IPC cert

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:52:28 PM

It is a laptop. I'm pretty sure the text typed into the password field correctly. I have changed the password on my miners from root to something else, but it is not overly complicated with special characters and stuff. I can still log in from my Mac laptops and windows PC just not the new windows 10 laptop.

I also tried login in in a new private window like someone else said to do, and it did not work.

--------------Separate issue-------------------------------------------------------------------

Bitmain needs better instruction on this stuff. I am also trying to replace a couple control boards and there are literally NO resources to get help. It says download instructions on Bitmain site, then the file is just a "simple" program with no help. I am afraid to take a control board out of a (broken but running) machine, because by the time I am done it may just be broken.
If I'm not mistaken, all of the boards, are, from the controller's point of view, identical. Each controller port is wired directly to the first ASIC in the chain and the PIC chip(buck control, health monitor). The boards may look very different but all of that is just tweaks regarding how they are laying out the power Handling and distribution. Moving the boards around should not affect a thing. Maybe you would like to send me those broken boards, if I can't fix them I'll buy them as donor parts boards.

---Hi, I'm Juergen "Jay" & I TEACH and REPAIR ASIC HASHBOARDS-- Purdue AS EET -- MinerMEDIC is NOW FREELANCE in Chicago!
PointHope

Activity: 317
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:39:17 AM

I also cannot log on to my 2 S9 miner.
Got the IP addresses of the router, miners are plugged directly into the router.
Did the hard reset a couple of times. Reset the IP, no joy!

The miners seem to be working, receiving and sending packets/bytes.
They just aren't working for me yet.

When I run windows diagnostics, I get 'devices refuse connection' message.

It's like there's a bug in the miner software...

This is my very first venture into the mining game and doesn't resemble any of the tutorials on Youtube where it looked kinda easy. Arrhh!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: