Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:27:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is token contract address ?  (Read 259 times)
simplyred (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:00:38 AM

when sending from myetherwallet then there is From Address: and there is my adress that i am sending from, of course

Then there is To Address: and there is this line if sending tokens, this should be the token contract address

So what address is this ?

I am sending now from MEW and there is pending in ether scan from my wallet to some address, but not in my receive wallet.

What is this token contract address ?? am am not sending to this address ?
hkall_018

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:30:15 AM

When creating a smart contract on Ethereum Blockchain the contract takes the address of its creator. The use of this contract to you is when you want to add a new ERC20 token to your wallet you'll need to add this contract address for this token for MEW to be able to read your balance of this specific token.

You don't sent funds to the contract address ... when participating in an ICO that is ERC20 based, the creators specify to you which address you're supposed to transfer the funds to, then the smart contract consequently sends you back the corresponding amount of tokens you're entitled wither instantly or after the ICO has ended
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: