Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 08:09:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Our company is now accepting bitcoin  (Read 473 times)
alexzehn (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 09:12:13 PM

We finally did it!

Our company, MyUSACorporation.com, is now proudly accepting bitcoins. We offer U.S. incorporation services, business registrations, tax IDs, licenses, you name it we got it. Official announcement here: http://myusacorporationblog.com/2013/08/07/and-now-bitcoins/

Question to fellow bitcoiners: where else could we make this announcement? I know reddit, and there is also bitcoin wiki, but I am not sure how to add our site there.

nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 09:13:43 PM

How are you doing it? Coinbase?
alexzehn (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 09:25:16 PM

We use Bitpay as the processor, and then offload the balance to our wallet. Not sure what we will do with the balance, since I am not sure any vendors we use accept bitcoin, but we could keep it for future use (I am sure more and more will join the bitcoin world).
troiste

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 09:29:14 PM

ok
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 09:53:05 PM

We use Bitpay as the processor, and then offload the balance to our wallet. Not sure what we will do with the balance, since I am not sure any vendors we use accept bitcoin, but we could keep it for future use (I am sure more and more will join the bitcoin world).

Don't forget you can always sell it for your favoured currency if you're having trouble using it right away, that's what most people do right now, you'll probably have to declare that transaction though if you're a registered company so be sure to talk to some non-biased financial advisors about it.
alexzehn (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 09:56:32 PM

Don't forget you can always sell it for your favoured currency if you're having trouble using it right away, that's what most people do right now, you'll probably have to declare that transaction though if you're a registered company so be sure to talk to some non-biased financial advisors about it.

Yes, we considered that as well. For now we only had one transaction, so it's too early to decide what we wil do with a "giant pile of bitcoins" we will accumulate over time, but I am sure its a safer bet than storing it all in dollars Smiley
OSCIM

Activity: 13

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 02:34:37 PM

Yes, we considered that as well. For now we only had one transaction, so it's too early to decide what we wil do with a "giant pile of bitcoins" we will accumulate over time, but I am sure its a safer bet than storing it all in dollars
Think twice about that. Your business is incorporation services. By sitting on a large pile of Bitcoins, you are essentially speculating in a foreign currency exchange. Unless you can convince your creditors and suppliers to accept Bitcoin, your cash flow is being diminished. Also keep in mind that Bitcoins do not accumulate interest, although money in the bank does.
alexzehn (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 03:58:52 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2013, 09:13:25 PM by alexzehn

Yes, we considered that as well. For now we only had one transaction, so it's too early to decide what we wil do with a "giant pile of bitcoins" we will accumulate over time, but I am sure its a safer bet than storing it all in dollars
Think twice about that. Your business is incorporation services. By sitting on a large pile of Bitcoins, you are essentially speculating in a foreign currency exchange. Unless you can convince your creditors and suppliers to accept Bitcoin, your cash flow is being diminished. Also keep in mind that Bitcoins do not accumulate interest, although money in the bank does.

I am sure we will figure out what to do with bitcoins - our first challenge though is not how to spend them, but how to make them Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: